What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI WC Final: Ind v Aust Nov 19, 2023 - AUSTRALIA 2023 CHAMPIONS

WHAT A WIN!

I take back everything I said RE toss. What a muppet I am. No wonder I never made it past a 2nd grade club cricketer!

We had a plan, and it went to near perfection. Bowlers amazing, choked the Indian batsmen and gave them nothing. Fielding again outstanding. BJ - what an innings. One of our greats, we needed someone to rise to the occasion, and rise to the occasion he did.

Lamb Shank - he's been derided, but that's exactly why he was there. We don't win that without him. Thank f**k there was enough sense to keep picking him ahead of Shit Rig.

What a f**king win. This Indian team was rampant. They beat up every single team.. 130 thousand of them in a final, in their own backyard, against all the odds. f**king brilliant

Off to wake the missus up and give her the best 23 seconds of her life! Soak it up fellas

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
World cup appraisals:
Warner: leapt a couple of times and was delicious in the field. Last odi game was a winner, 8/10
Head: player of the match in the semi and final and a kickstarting century after coming into the team post broken hand 10/10.
Marsh: was inconsistent but when he was good he was very bloody good 7/10.
Smith: not his best format and not his best tournament. But good contributions regardless 7/10.
Labs: same as Smith but bonus marks for being sumptuous in the field 7/10.
Maxwell: 2 stupendous innings, and his bowling was very important whole tourny. Excellent fielding as always 9/10.
Inglis: Not the best keeper ever and not the best batter but behind the sticks he was pretty much flawless and handy with the bat when needed. 7/10.
Cummins: was better with the bat than ball in many games but was awesome in the final. Not the best captain tactically but blokes follow him 7/10.
Starc: not at his best but lifted when it counted 7/10.
Zampa: weird world cup, some games brilliant, some games plod. 7/10.
Hazelwood: tight arse all tournament was key to our important wins 8/10
Stoinis: probably seen the last of mr mediocre 4/10
Carey: ditto although not mediocre, just not an odi player 4/10.
Abbott: limited opportunities 4/10
Green: has fallen down the pecking order 3/10.

Awesome win, especially after the 2 losses at the start which were avenged in the semi and final. Our greatest team? Probably not. Our sweetest victory? I think so.

JJ

Immortal
Inevitable, big win Australia. Big game, and stared down and outplayed a better more talented team, that wilted under the immense pressure Australia applied. Great great WC victory

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
WHAT A WIN!

I take back everything I said RE toss. What a muppet I am. No wonder I never made it past a 2nd grade club cricketer!

We had a plan, and it went to near perfection. Bowlers amazing, choked the Indian batsmen and gave them nothing. Fielding again outstanding. BJ - what an innings. One of our greats, we needed someone to rise to the occasion, and rise to the occasion he did.

Lamb Shank - he's been derided, but that's exactly why he was there. We don't win that without him. Thank f**k there was enough sense to keep picking him ahead of Shit Rig.

What a f**king win. This Indian team was rampant. They beat up every single team.. 130 thousand of them in a final, in their own backyard, against all the odds. f**king brilliant

Off to wake the missus up and give her the best 23 seconds of her life! Soak it up fellas
23 seconds??? Listen to this boaster. Must still have hair ffs!!

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Woke up and can't believe that we won and won so easy!!

You just can't beat Head.

LOL @ Team India, biggest bed shit of all time.

Trainspotting Shit GIFs | Tenor