What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI WC Final: Ind v Aust Nov 19, 2023 - AUSTRALIA 2023 CHAMPIONS

edabomb

First Grade
Well done Australia. Pretty much guarantees the next WC will be the last one outside India, and they'll have 5 pitches they can switch to through any given match lol.

Bazal

Post Whore
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

That's a bed shit so epic RSA cricket have called it out on Twitter.

Unbeaten in the tournament, getting the best of it at the toss, 150k fans behind them or whatever they crammed in, best run makers for the tourney, highest wicket taker,. probably the dumbest Aussie side ever...and they got flogged.

We just know how to win World Cups.

Inkers75

Juniors
WHAT A WIN!

I take back everything I said RE toss. What a muppet I am. No wonder I never made it past a 2nd grade club cricketer!

We had a plan, and it went to near perfection. Bowlers amazing, choked the Indian batsmen and gave them nothing. Fielding again outstanding. BJ - what an innings. One of our greats, we needed someone to rise to the occasion, and rise to the occasion he did.

Lamb Shank - he's been derided, but that's exactly why he was there. We don't win that without him. Thank f**k there was enough sense to keep picking him ahead of Shit Rig.

What a f**king win. This Indian team was rampant. They beat up every single team.. 130 thousand of them in a final, in their own backyard, against all the odds. f**king brilliant

Off to wake the missus up and give her the best 23 seconds of her life! Soak it up fellas
23 seconds, far too much stamina! :)

JJ

Immortal
Starc certainly showed the doubters how great he is in white ball cricket...

And Jesus, just as a bowler, Cummins is the equal of anyone that's ever played - just a flat out all time great - add his great captaincy and wow!!

JJ

Immortal
So 5 world cup wins since 1999.

Imagine if Kluesner and Donald didn't muck up the running in the semi final of 99.

Sliding doors moment

South Africa probably never get the chokers tag and win that WC while Australia may never have started a WC dynasty.
I'm not sure too much changes tbh, they 'should' have won that world cup, Windies should have won the third one, we should have won the last one, India should have won this one - none of those things happened - Aust were always going to be the best team post 99, 99 was a big chance for RSA and they blew it

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Despite all the whining and bitching in here, however it’s run it seems to be going ok
Still not sold on the set up, but when you win you can’t really complain can you?? I’m an Eels fan of course I’m going to complain.

India bottled it plain and simple, some embarrassing shots. It’s the greatest choke ever in world cricket. This isn’t even close to the great Aussie teams.