What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI WC Final: Ind v Aust Nov 19, 2023 - AUSTRALIA 2023 CHAMPIONS

hineyrulz

Post Whore
May be an image of 1 person and beard

This Year?

Immortal
In hindsight I'm kicking myself for not betting overs for the 1st over of pretty much every innings.
If some stats could guru bring up the results for that so I can see how much I missed out on that'd be awesome thanks.

TheParraboy

Staff member
oh god he's right

....And we started to take it to India in the test series over there to the point India created a concrete road for the last test to assure a series win

If only we prepared a tad better instead of players coming from the BBL straight into a marquee test series

For all the flack Cummins cops for his captaincy he got it bang on last night. Sharma I think crumbled under the pressure with some of his tactics (feel like he tried to contain when in reality they had to roll us if they were any chance in winning).

On Sharma, where does he rank among the best white ball cricketers to have not won a World Cup? The bloke is one of the best openers ever and all those who are comparable all lifted the cup.

King-Gutho94

Coach
For all the flack Cummins cops for his captaincy he got it bang on last night. Sharma I think crumbled under the pressure with some of his tactics (feel like he tried to contain when in reality they had to roll us if they were any chance in winning).

On Sharma, where does he rank among the best white ball cricketers to have not won a World Cup? The bloke is one of the best openers ever and all those who are comparable all lifted the cup.
AB De Villiers has him covered.

Kumar Sangakarra was a decent cricketer who kept wickets and always stood up in world cups.

Rohit Sharma was 24 years old and had played a heap of ODIs before the 2011 world cup but got dropped.

He missed his window. As they won it.

Kohli and Suresh Raina were the 2 young guns they went with that World Cup.

Bazal

Post Whore

He'd be very high up there. Let's be honest, he has a claim to best white ball opener of all time. I'm not sure he takes it (and tbh I don't think any one player would) but his record is insane and so are the records he's set.

I'd have him in my best ODI side, probably alongside Jayasuriya if you're opening with two genuine bats.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sharma is a gun. 3 double hundreds including a 264! 5 hundreds in 1 world cup (2019). In this world cup, including the final, he went out and belted with no regard for personal milestones, just get India off to a flier and allow the pretty boys a platform to go big.

As good as any opener in odi history.

JJ

Immortal
Sharma is a gun. 3 double hundreds including a 264! 5 hundreds in 1 world cup (2019). In this world cup, including the final, he went out and belted with no regard for personal milestones, just get India off to a flier and allow the pretty boys a platform to go big.

As good as any opener in odi history.
This...

King-Gutho94

Coach
ABDV has a better average and Strike rate then Rohit.

ABDV averaged 53 and still had a strike rate over 100.

So i still have him ahead of Rohit when it comes to players not winning a world cup.

India play more ODIs then the Saffas so Rohit clearly would have more opportunies to score more hundreds in the format.

ABDV could play any type of innings the match situation required thats what stands him out imo above the rest.

1700514719574.png

JJ

Immortal
ABDV has a better average and Strike rate then Rohit.

ABDV averaged 53 and still had a strike rate over 100.

So i still have him ahead of Rohit when it comes to players not winning a world cup.

India play more ODIs then the Saffas so Rohit clearly would have more opportunies to score more hundreds in the format.

ABDV could play any type of innings the match situation required thats what stands him out imo above the rest.

View attachment 82010
AB was something else, Viv remains my #1 just because of how much he stood out from everyone else then...

Rohit one of the best openers ever - but yep, if I chose one player for my team from those two I'd take AB

Latest posts