What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

off contract this year

Raider_69

Post Whore
nospam49 said:
If Im Newcastle....Im not re-signing Johns.

Its a hard decision....but its the smart decision.

The longer they hang onto him the harder it will be to rebuild when he is gone.

cant say i disagree
they could re-sign 4 players for what they would have to pay him

Raider_69

Post Whore
Just think
they re-sign johns and about 3 top line or 5 middle range off contracts are goneskis
i dont think the knights have the depth to back that many

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Just think
they re-sign johns and about 3 top line or 5 middle range off contracts are goneskis
i dont think the knights have the depth to back that many

That's right + they potentially have a top line half in their side now.

Further to this, John's played his 2 and a bit games this year after coming back from injury, in those games he was NOT the reason for the win. Players such as Buderus, Kennedy and Kurt Gidley were the players who won those games against quality opposition. These are the Newcastle players, in particular Buderus and Gidley, that are going to make sure Newcastle is still a top side in 5 years time, not Andrew Johns.

simostorm

Bench
Storm players off contract that I know of:
Billy Slater :evil:
Rodney Howe
Stephen Kearney
David Kidwell
Matt Orford
Danny Williams
Dallas Johnson
Ryan Hoffman
Andrew Mcfadden
Nathan Friend
Robert Tanielu

Pazza

First Grade
there is some great young talent off contract, i hope Smith takes a look at them instead of rejects. Knowing Smith Parra will sign Russell Richardson :?

Sportsjock

Juniors
Lyon said:
Parramatta:
Chris Thorman
Mick Vella
Shane Muspratt
Chris Muckert

teams must be clamouring all over themselves to pull out the cheque books for that bunch of super talented players :lol: :roll: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
simostorm said:
Rodney Howe
Stephen Kearney
David Kidwell
Matt Orford
Danny Williams
Dallas Johnson
Ryan Hoffman
Andrew Mcfadden
Nathan Friend
Robert Tanielu

I think we can do with out these three.

Although Friend is a very handy Player IMO but the others need to be re-signed first or they will atract intrest from other clubs.

Sportsjock

Juniors
I know you biased Melbourne fans are going to keep denying it, but what odds Matt Orford comes " home " to the central coast and travels 40 minutes up the F3 to training everyday in a Knights singlet? :)

From what I hear, its extremely good odds.

You can be certain that Joey Johns has played his last game in red and blue -regardless of what country he moves to or code he plays next year.

Anonymous

Juniors
Sportsjock said:
I know you biased Melbourne fans are going to keep denying it, but what odds Matt Orford comes " home " to the central coast and travels 40 minutes up the F3 to training everyday in a Knights singlet? :)

You can be certain that Joey Johns has played his last game in red and blue -regardless of what country he moves to or code he plays next year.

And what are your sources? The Media? Matt Orford himself?

Raider_69

Post Whore
watch some high flying sydney club throw an offer to slater :p :lol:

intresting thinking SJ, it does make some sence, i hope not though cause i like melbourne and orford, i hate newcastle and johns...

Sportsjock

Juniors
Earl said:
Sportsjock said:

And what are your sources? The Media? Matt Orford himself?

Heard nothing at all in the media about Orford being a Knight mate.

Put it this way, my source is enough to know Orfords manager is the one making the contact - not the Knights.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Earl said:
simostorm said:
Rodney Howe
Stephen Kearney
David Kidwell
Matt Orford
Danny Williams
Dallas Johnson
Ryan Hoffman
Andrew Mcfadden
Nathan Friend
Robert Tanielu

I think we can do with out these three.

Although Friend is a very handy Player IMO but the others need to be re-signed first or they will atract intrest from other clubs.

i'd add kearney :shock: and danny williams onto our expendable list and i wouldn't be too upset if johnson left either. i'd also be prepared to hang onto mcfadden (for the right price). slater and orford are obviously the keys (and they've got to be close to my two favourite players!)

Eels Dude

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Also off contract for Parra
Corey Pearson
Dean Widders
Wade McKinnon
Wise Kativerata
Lee Hopkins

Luke Burt was due to come off contract but along with Ashley Graham re-signed for 2 more years just before the 1st round this year

Whoah, for once it looks like we won't be losing a herd of quality players come end of season. Hopkins and Widders can stay, the rest I won't lose any sleep over.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Eric Grothe only signed to a one year deal also, i'm pretty sure he was. Hopefully we can wrap him up quickly.

Kiwi

First Grade
simostorm said:
Rodney Howe
Stephen Kearney
David Kidwell
Matt Orford
Danny Williams
Dallas Johnson
Ryan Hoffman
Andrew Mcfadden
Nathan Friend
Robert Tanielu

I hope the likes of Slater, Orford, Hoffman and Johnson stay at the storm. Slater, Hoffman and Johnson being Storm products makes it more important for them to stay. They need to be able to hang on to players they have developed.

I for one will be very pissed if Slater gets poached by a team like the Roosters, not havinbg a dig at the Roosters but if they sign him out bidding everyone, then there is something seriously wrong.

Mambo

Juniors
I'd be more concerned about a few clubs lower down the ladder than the roosters trying to sign slater to help secure a good young talent in the No.1 jersey. I think the sharks and the rabbitohs will head the list after him. Manly you can add to that lot as well.

MEE

Juniors
When McGuiness finally gets the flick from Manly and this privatisation deal goes through we'll be able to buy a quality player or two. Slater at Fullback with Walker at 5/8 would be nice :)

thickos

First Grade
I'm not sure who's off contract at the Raiders. Ryan O'Hara would have been but he signed an extension last season. Ruben Wiki and Jason Croker are both putting pen to paper to go through until 2006, by then Toots will have played 300+ games for the one club, what a champion :clap: