What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

off contract this year

Anonymous

Juniors
The_Savage_1 said:
Earl said:
simostorm said:
Storm players off contract that I know of:
Billy Slater :evil:
Rodney Howe
Stephen Kearney
David Kidwell
Matt Orford
Danny Williams
Dallas Johnson
Ryan Hoffman
Andrew Mcfadden
Nathan Friend
Robert Tanielu

I think we can do with out these three.

Although Friend is a very handy Player IMO but the others need to be re-signed first or they will atract intrest from other clubs.

i'd add kearney :shock: and danny williams onto our expendable list and i wouldn't be too upset if johnson left either. i'd also be prepared to hang onto mcfadden (for the right price). slater and orford are obviously the keys (and they've got to be close to my two favourite players!)

He has played 1 game since we signed him. And it wasn't even a full one.

The quicker he gets out of here the better.

hmmm i dont think parra will have a chance in hll of sighing woolnough he will be one of our big sighings with parsons porbably goooornnneee

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Earl said:
The_Savage_1 said:
Earl said:
simostorm said:
Storm players off contract that I know of:
Billy Slater :evil:
Rodney Howe
Stephen Kearney
David Kidwell
Matt Orford
Danny Williams
Dallas Johnson
Ryan Hoffman
Andrew Mcfadden
Nathan Friend
Robert Tanielu

I think we can do with out these three.

Although Friend is a very handy Player IMO but the others need to be re-signed first or they will atract intrest from other clubs.

i'd add kearney :shock: and danny williams onto our expendable list and i wouldn't be too upset if johnson left either. i'd also be prepared to hang onto mcfadden (for the right price). slater and orford are obviously the keys (and they've got to be close to my two favourite players!)

He has played 1 game since we signed him. And it wasn't even a full one.

The quicker he gets out of here the better.

yeah so obviously he will be cheaper (than his potential warrants)

Hurriflatch

Referee
I think Grothe may have been signed to a 1 year deal with an option but I'm not sure

If Grothe is off contract then I'd say Grothe, Hopkins and Widders would be the Eels top 3 to re sign.

Will be intresting to see what happens with Vella.

Pazza

First Grade
If Parramatta re-sign Vella then it would be on a reduced contract.

I'd like to see Parra target:

1.Matt Orford
2.Adam Wolnough
3.Frank Pritchard

Hoggy

Bench
Sportsjock said:
Heard nothing at all in the media about Orford being a Knight mate.

So you've got nothing.

Put it this way, my source is enough to know Orfords manager is the one making the contact - not the Knights.

So you're talking complete and utter crap?

choc_soldier

Coach
Pazza said:
If Parramatta re-sign Vella then it would be on a reduced contract.

I'd like to see Parra target:

1.Matt Orford
2.Adam Wolnough
3.Frank Pritchard

Pritchard had a great game today for the Panthers. He would be a valuable second rower, much in the style of Puletua / Galuvao.

Not sure how the negotiations are going with him. He'd be a good backup for the Hair Bears.

Anonymous

Juniors
The way Fitzgerald and Smith are and with Dykes playing well, Parra has buckleys chance of signing Orford.

Billy Slater won't be going anywhere. And he won't have to chance either, as he is very close to signing as it is.

Pazza

First Grade
He is such a good young player. He might come to Parra looking for a oppertunity to play first grade since there is so many good forward at penrith. Pritchard would deadset make the Parramatta bench.

Pazza

First Grade
Earl said:
The way Fitzgerald and Smith are and with Dykes playing well, Parra has buckleys chance of signing Orford.

Prolly true but Dykes can play 5/8 and Parramatta needs more class in the halves, Orford is perfect. Orford has said that he wants to move back to the central coast so Parramatta would be a good option since Newcastle, Easts, Penrith, the bulldogs and the sharks already have good halfbacks and Wests, Saints, Souths and Manly arnt any better than Parramatta.

melon....

Coach
Easts

Brad Fittler
Chad Robinson
Gavin LEster
Ian Henderson
Lelea Paea
Lopini Paea
Ned Catic
Peter Cusack
Ryan Cross

Ricketson was due but I think resigned for 1 more.

parra_panther said:
Luke Priddis is off-contract.

But I am very confident that he will re-sign sometime in the near future.

I wouldn't worry about that.

Priddis has been one of your best for the past two years. They'll resign him.

By the way, Kiwi, Hoffman is a Wests junior.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm pretty sure the Warriors are okay as far as off contract players go. I believe Mark Tookey has been told if there's any other club, union or league that want him, he can go now. I don't know if Justin Murphy has been resigned, I don't believe he has or that he will be resigned.

Given the Warriors lack of go forward so far this season, Vella, Woolnough who's an outstanding young player and Chad Robinson would be players I would look to to compliment our juniors coming up through the ranks.

Disco

Bench
Even if Mcguiness stayed, Manly have enough room under the cap for 2 SOO class players, if Mcguiness goes (hes on around 250K) we could get 3, if thats the case i'd be after

1.Matt Orford
2.A top centre (Come join Crusher Jamie)
2.eitheer another centre or another prop

as for Manly, i'm pretty sure these guys are off contract

Sam Harris
Beaver Menzies
Scott Donald
Anthony Watmough
John Hoppoate
Albert Torrens

we should sign the first 4 asap, the other 2 i wouldn't mind letting go provided we signed better replacements

Eels Dude

Coach
Pazza said:
Earl said:

Prolly true but Dykes can play 5/8 and Parramatta needs more class in the halves, Orford is perfect. Orford has said that he wants to move back to the central coast so Parramatta would be a good option since Newcastle, Easts, Penrith, the bulldogs and the sharks already have good halfbacks and Wests, Saints, Souths and Manly arnt any better than Parramatta.

We already have a promising young halfback in Michael Witt. I don't think we should be looking elsewhere for any new players, a couple here and there maybe, however we always have some good young fellas coming through who should be top priority.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Not so silent Bob said:
parra_panther said:
Luke Priddis is off-contract.

But I am very confident that he will re-sign sometime in the near future.

I wouldn't worry about that.

Priddis has been one of your best for the past two years. They'll resign him.

I thought Scott Sattler was one of our best clubmen until our club decided they couldn't even be bothered to look at renewing his contract. :(

We can only hope they find Luke Priddis invaluable to the future of the club and re-sign him on an agreeable worth.

Latest posts