What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season recruits

holman

Juniors
I still don't know why we let Peni Tagive go, young strong runner,and a local junior as well. We bring back that spastic Fitzhenry and let a good young prospect go, he must have some potential if Bennett wanted him.

Direct

Juniors
I still don't know why we let Peni Tagive go, young strong runner,and a local junior as well. We bring back that spastic Fitzhenry and let a good young prospect go, he must have some potential if Bennett wanted him.

I wasn't worried about his departure. Peni is injury prone. At least this year the Dragons had the pleasure of paying him to sit on the sidelines for long periods of time.

Borat.

Juniors
Borat what makes you think he will escape some of these very serious charges.Or is this just your general opinion.If even one of these allegations is found to be true then the club would have no option but to terminate his services.His alleged misdemeanours have no place in our society let alone our football club.

4 reasons- Inglis, Laurie, Laffranchi, & Bird

Also believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt - he says he is innocent...so I'll back him till the courts say otherwise...

I also have a hunch as to what went down...

Hoofhearted

Juniors
JAMES GRAHAM will leave St Helens at the end of next season.
The England prop's friendship with Sam Burgess and glowing reports of life Down Under have made him decide his future lies there.

Liverpool-born Graham, 25, a firm favourite with Saints fans, will now have a queue of NRL clubs chasing him. Russell Crowe's South Sydney side - who already have Burgess in their ranks - will obviously lead the pack but Graham, England's top front-rower, can name his price.

This guy is quality, souths might have Burgess but we have Ellis, surely this has been mentioned already. Obvious problem would be $$, I would assume he would be asking top dollar. Like Ellis and Burgess I have no doubt he will be a star in the NRL. This would give us a great prop rotation to match the likes of Canberra (they will have Brett White next year as well) plus be the only team with two fiery red heads as starting props!!

westie

Bench
He's the best prop in the world by the length. Ball skills of Payten, combined with the most meters in a super league containing Morley and Peacock for 4 years in a row or something. He's the most aggressive bastard on the field you could hope for too.

R2Coupe

Juniors
No thanks.

Our priority should be our young forwards. The outlay required would prejudice the development and retention of our own forwards.

Also found this from a Roosters site which if true is a coup for the Club -

Jacob Miller is off to the Tigers next year. It was previously speculation, but I can confirm it now.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Who is Jacob Miller?

Add James Graham to our forwards and we'd have the best pack in the NRL without doubt.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Miller is a talented 5/8 or half. Played NSW u18s this year. He is only 18 so playing Under 20s is an indication of his ability.

Develop our own forwards. We've seen Dwyer, Fifita and Murdoch-Masila this year and no doubt Woods, J Shirnack and Roqica next year.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I think I would rather give up 2 or 3 potentially good junior forwards to sign the best front rower in the world any day of the week

R2Coupe

Juniors
Best front rower in the world? It is a big call when he hasn't been tested in the NRL.

The young players mentioned are not just average players.

Always the dilemma, buy big or save your dollars for the outcome of junior development.

Why develop them if you lose them? Why in Woods' case earmark money from your top NRL cap for three or more years to retain him and then lose him? Doesn't make good business sense.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
I think I would rather give up 2 or 3 potentially good junior forwards to sign the best front rower in the world any day of the week
Yeah, no brainer. How often does the world's best prop come onto the market? Snap him up if we can. We need both mongrel and a metre-eater.

gronkathon

First Grade
Miller is a talented 5/8 or half. Played NSW u18s this year. He is only 18 so playing Under 20s is an indication of his ability.

Develop our own forwards. We've seen Dwyer, Fifita and Murdoch-Masila this year and no doubt Woods, J Shirnack and Roqica next year.

Neither Schirnack wants to stay under Sheens

R2Coupe

Juniors
Is there a correlation between the 4 Nations and this announcement about Graham?

As I said, a big call naming him as the best prop in the world.

The opportunity cost of buying Graham is far too large.

Pity about the Shirnacks. I understood Jason is still contracted next year. Possibly needs to be shown more love:D

Latest posts