What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season trivia

Willow

Assistant Moderator
SAINTS TRIVIA

In tandem with Jubilee Avenue. Thanks Smithy.

Simple rule. You ask a question, the first acknowledged correct answerer gets the next question.

If they don't ask another question soon enough (like an hour), someone else can jump in.

First question... easy:

Who scored the most tries for St George in 1998?

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Which great Saints player won the Clive Churchill medal in the 1993 Grand final in our loss to the Broncos.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. Cooper-man has just logged off.

Give him 5 minutes or take over for another question Minh.

Minh

First Grade
OK here we go, name the unorthadoxed but in my opinion highly underrated player nicknamed the "Penguin" of our 1990's era.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Graeme Bradley.

Roy and HG made mention of the Penguin a lot, for years after he retired. Must have been 15-20 years ago. I guess they fell in love with the nickname.

Minh

First Grade
Good one Willow geez he could bust a tackle ey but it was in slow motion lol, anyway i'm logging off now all yours again for the next question Willow cheers.;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Knocking off soon as well.

Here's a question for tomorrow...

Name the Australian Test cricketer who also played at fullback for Saints in first grade.

Looking at the current mob, they could use him now.

I'm sure it was Hurstville Oval. They played trial games at Sans Souci before establishing Hurstville as a home ground, and then later moved to Earl Park which now does not exist.

Benny

First Grade
Hurstville Oval was where we played our first ever home game in 1921 BUT if my memory serves me correct we only played a few games there that season. Our first game and first win came at Sydney Sports Ground so I reckon we played our fair share of games there (or it was just coincidence that we played there on those occassions).

We played on and off at Hurstville Oval for a few years before moving to Early Park in 1925 so that is my answer - Earl Park.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sans Souci was mainly used as a training ground. Home grounds from 1921 to 1949 were mainly at Hurstville and Earl Park, although Saints did play a charity match at Kogarah in 1936.

Hurstville was the first home ground followed by Earl Park up until 1939, then Hurstville again up until 1949.

Kogarah became a permanent home ground in 1950.