What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official GB&I Squad (+England Squad)

Charge

Juniors
From www.Superleague.co.uk

1. Bailey, Ryan (Leeds Rhinos)
2. Carney, Brian (Wigan Warriors)
3. Diskin, Matthew (Leeds Rhinos)
4. Ellis, Gareth (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats)
5. Farrell, Andrew (Wigan Warriors)
6. Fielden, Stuart (Bradford Bulls)
7. Gleeson, Mark (Warrington Wolves)
8. Harris, Iestyn (Bradford Bulls)
9. Higham, Mickey (St Helens)
10. Johnson, Paul (Bradford Bulls)
11. Long, Sean (St Helens)
12. McGuire, Danny (Leeds Rhinos)
13. Morley, Adrian (Sydney Roosters)
14. Newton, Terry (Wigan Warriors)
15. O’Loughlin, Sean (Wigan Warriors)
16. Peacock, Jamie (Bradford Bulls)
17. Radlinksi, Kris (Wigan Warriors)
18. Reardon, Stuart (Bradford Bulls)
19. Sculthorpe, Paul (St Helens)
20. Senior, Keith (Leeds Rhinos)
21. Walker, Chev (Leeds Rhinos)
22. Ward, Danny (Leeds Rhinos)
23. Wellens, Paul (St Helens)
24. Wild, Stephen (Wigan Warriors)

England squad:-

1. Sean Briscoe (Hull FC)
2. Rob Burrow (Leeds Rhinos)
3. Mark Calderwood (Leeds Rhinos)
4. Andy Coley (Salford City Reds)
5. Eorl Crabtree (Huddersfield Giants)
6. Ewan Dowes (Hull FC)
7. Wayne Godwin (Wigan Warriors)
8. Lee Greenwood (London Broncos)
9. Stuart Jones (Huddersfield Giants)
10. Jamie Langley (Bradford Bulls)
11. Andy Lynch (Castleford Tigers)
12. Richard Mathers (Leeds Rhinos)
13. Rob Parker (Bradford Bulls and captain)
14. Gareth Raynor (Hull FC)
15. Luke Robinson (Salford City Reds)
16. Nick Scruton (Leeds Rhinos)
17. Ben Westwood (Warrington Wolves)
18. Richard Whiting (Hull FC)
19. Jon Wilkin (St Helens)
20. Kirk Yeaman (Hull FC)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Damn, Australia are in trouble this year. If New Zealand can hold them to a sixteen all draw with a shadow squad, then full strength NZ and British squads should absolutely spank them.

bartman

Immortal
NZ squad wasn't quite shadow, more equal considering their losses versus replacements...? Played strong, did good though, and should be equally up for it in London.

GBI are strong enough to have some options to decide anyway. Halves: from Harris, McGuire, Long. Hooker: from Diskin, Newton, Higham. Centres: from Senior, Gleeson, Walker. Fullback: Radlinski or Wellens (should have been Mathers too).

I'm an Aussie, but I have no problem seeing them run close to the wire, and beaten if another side is good enough. Anyone could be in this final...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I see this GB a little bit different to last year's. Better and stronger.

With a new coach I reckon they might go well against the Aussies and the Kiwis. Hopefully they wont use the tactics they used last year that stuffed themselves up:

*halfback on the wing (Richard Horne played on the wing)
*injured halfback starts ahead of premiership winning halfback (Long ahead of Paul Deacon)
*injured goal kicker ahead leading goal kicker (Long kicked ahead of Farrell, who I thought wouldve been the goal kicker)

Should be interesting. The Poms are full of agression.

But will they be as good as the Aussies. :twisted: :twisted:

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
I see this GB a little bit different to last year's. Better and stronger.

With a new coach I reckon they might go well against the Aussies and the Kiwis. Hopefully they wont use the tactics they used last year that stuffed themselves up:

*halfback on the wing (Richard Horne played on the wing)
*injured halfback starts ahead of premiership winning halfback (Long ahead of Paul Deacon)
*injured goal kicker ahead leading goal kicker (Long kicked ahead of Farrell, who I thought wouldve been the goal kicker)

Should be interesting. The Poms are full of agression.

But will they be as good as the Aussies. :twisted: :twisted:

We simply have no wingers at all, period. Brian Carney is one of the best in the world and would be at the very least a match for his opposite, but he hasn't played all year due to injuries. Yet he is still going to walk in. The other winger this year can't be a winger, as there is only Carney in the squad, so a centre or fullback will have to be used. I'm hoping for Reardon or Walker, anyone else would be a disaster.

As for Long being picked over Deacon, that is always the correct decision. Deacon whilst an efficient little player is not in the same league as Long. Sean Long is an amazingly talented player who when confident is nigh on unplayable for any opposition. He hasn't done that yet for GB, but if he could this year you would lose, simple as that.

Long kicked instead of Farrell because Farrell himself was injured. If i remember correctly this is the first series Farrell has EVER gone into without a known injury.