What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official: Merrin signs with Penrith

Sti154

Juniors
Yeah ,Gus and Cleary have no idea .

All the experts saying what Merrins worth ,he is worth what the market is/was prepared to pay for him .

Interested to see what we have to pay for a replacement next year , I think all the posters on here talking about how great it is that we have all the plodders on 1 year contracts are going to find out how difficult it will be to stretch the salary cap to replace so many players at current prices, Flo and Creagh included.

So you would of been happy paying 750,000 a season for merrin?

hewi

Bench
From reading in the press I think Merrin will continue to live in Wollongong and drive at least ninety minutes each day each way for training. I think the novelty will wear off pretty quickly. Have to say I don't think he's worth that much.

karuah6

Juniors
Sorry to see Mez go but it's a business & if you can't see eye to eye with your employer, then it's time to look elsewhere.
We are going to miss him, but I thought that he would have been a stronger player for us that what he has turned out to be. Maybe I was putting him on a pedastal, but now that he has gone, we will move on.
It will be very interesting how Mary uses him this year.
Looking forward to the coming season as it will be a big one for the club in many ways. Who to keep, who to buy & how do they perform.
Fasten your seat belts

Elias1983

Coach
Sorry to see Mez go but it's a business & if you can't see eye to eye with your employer, then it's time to look elsewhere.
We are going to miss him, but I thought that he would have been a stronger player for us that what he has turned out to be. Maybe I was putting him on a pedastal, but now that he has gone, we will move on.
Looking forward to the coming season as it will be a big one for the club in many ways. Who to keep, who to buy & how do they perform.
Fasten your seat belts

This.

hazzbeen

Bench
jared waerea-hargreaves.....I would go all out to sign this guy as replacement for Merrin... off contract end of year if I remember right......got plenty of it ....... Mongrel......

to_ddeath

Coach
jared waerea-hargreaves.....I would go all out to sign this guy as replacement for Merrin... off contract end of year if I remember right......got plenty of it ....... Mongrel......

We must perform strongly this year or else we stand little chance of signing any decent forwards for 2016 onwards....

T.

Cagey Mac

Bench
We must perform strongly this year or else we stand little chance of signing any decent forwards for 2016 onwards....

T.

The media has given us a fillip in that respect in that if we do better than bottom three, Mary will be seen to have over-performed by the know-it-all scribes or they will have to admit that they know SFA.
The corollary from over-performance is that they're likely to factor in further improvement n 2016 so Mulholland's job will be easier than you project.
Mary blooding new players will also reflect well on the club's willingness to give young guns a chance and that will be attractive to players who believe that they are not being recognised for their full potential.

blacksafake

First Grade
Thank god that's over,so we can all move on.I think like most cases it does have the potential to end in tears when players sign so far in advance.If he is carrying some minor injuries will he be prepared to put his body on the line?or will it be easier to sit it out for a few weeks with next seasons contract in mind.Also get ready for the love fess from Gould if he is commentating on any dragons games when Merrin is involved.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Thank god that's over,so we can all move on.I think like most cases it does have the potential to end in tears when players sign so far in advance.If he is carrying some minor injuries will he be prepared to put his body on the line?or will it be easier to sit it out for a few weeks with next seasons contract in mind.Also get ready for the love fess from Gould if he is commentating on any dragons games when Merrin is involved.

Luckily we don't have any FTA games this year :sarcasm:

hazzbeen

Bench

T.
Spot on.... if I had a choice of Merrin or Jared Waerea-Hargreaves for the same money it would be Jared Waerea-Hargreaves......

jenninga

First Grade
Fasten your seat belts

Well said.

possm

Coach
Congratulations Merrin, I will be sorry to see you go. Now I only hope we come up with a great replacement.

mickeylane

Bench
this is old news!! why dont we talk about Saints upping their offer for Nappa to $1.4m for 3 years over the weekend.....if this approach fails Saints will be breaking the bank for George Burgess..

You read it here....will be offered the biggest contract in Dragons history

karuah6

Juniors
this is old news!! why dont we talk about Saints upping their offer for Nappa to $1.4m for 3 years over the weekend.....if this approach fails Saints will be breaking the bank for George Burgess..

You read it here....will be offered the biggest contract in Dragons history

Lol. You cheeky buggar

Latest posts