What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 2

Springs

First Grade
Lambretta, no offense, but to any league fan who comes out and says 'I am seriously considering switching off Origin two next Wednesday', simply because they do not like the team that is picked, I will not take their opinion seriously.
I absolutely hated, hated, the teams that were picked in game 1 and all 3 games 0f 2009, and yes, I do not agree with the selections of Creagh, Waterhouse, Gidley, White, King, Idris, Scott or Cooper, but I see that the selectors have seen that the public wants players like Barrett, Pearce, Hindmarsh, Gallen etc in the side, and I will support the side to the very end. Anyway , whatever team was selected the selectors would be criticised heavily, I would be criticising them too. Half of us wanted to completely change the team, and half of us wanted most of the team to stay for combinations and the like. I would have preferred a few more players dropped than Kimmorley and Perry, but knew only a few would be and I can see the selectors reasoning behind these.
Cooper and Morris are the best left side combination in the side, Hayne is likely to play fullback. Right side is a lottery between Idris, Scott, Tahu, Champion, Jennings and Lawrence. Lots of fans wanted Barrett in and lots of fans wanted Kimmorley out, plus Pearce would have been there in game 1 if he was fit. Props are the worst selection of the lot, but most wanted Leoroyd-Lahrs and Weyman in, and I really don't get the Snowden and Douglas love on here, if the Sharks had the two best props in NSW like some seem to think they would be higher than 13th. I would have gone with Galloway and Mannah on the bench. I think we have the best backrow possible with Hindmarsh, Gallen and O'Donnell, unfortunately Lewis and Watmough are out. The bench is where we could really go wrong, Gidley has to be there, cause if they are stupid enough to put him in the starting side I fear it could end up like Idris, White, King, Scott, which would be terrible.

Anyway I think if some QLD players were elligible for NSW and we selected players like Harrison, Matt Scott, Tonga, Yow Yeh, Te'o, Ballin, Costigan etc we would be laughed at.

mxlegend99

Referee
My guess:

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Scott
5. Tahu
6. Barrett
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Creagh
12. Hindmarsh
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Waterhouse
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Idris

2 backs and no props on the bench seems like the sort of crap our selectors would come up with. Although I can also see them having Gidley at halfback... so it's hard to say for sure.

Charlie124

First Grade
No news yet on the final lineup??

Im really hoping from a cowboys perspective that O'Donnell gets dropped. Youve got Gallen, Hindmarsh, Waterhouse, Creagh (lol). You dont need LOD, do you?

Timbo

Staff member
I'm hoping given this game is as good as lost, Dugan and Learoyd-Lahrs get the chop.

Might as well go full strength against an understrength Cowboys if the Blues are stuffed anyway.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
TripleM_NRL
Nsw team: 1-Hayne 2-Morris 3-Cooper 4-Scott 5-Tahu 6-Barrett (vc) 7-Pearce 8-Weyman 9-Ennis 10-White (con't) #NRL

Nsw team (con't): 11-waterhouse 12-creagh 13-gallen 14-Gidley (c) 15-learoyd-lahrs 16-hindmarsh 17-o'donnell

I find Brett White's selection in the NSW squad embarrasing.

Seriously, Bellamys dubious selections of his Storm bum chums during his tenure (White, Turner and Quinn) have to have contributed to the current series score line.

Bellamy can f**k off and take White with him.

Dutchy

Immortal
King, Dugan, Idris omitted.

Would have thought they would keep King because of the lack of props.

I assume Gallen will play 80, switching between Lock and Front Row.

Timbo

Staff member
Queensland 40-0.

That side is worse than game 1.

At least big fat Idris is gone.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: You're a disgrace to NSW, f**k off Timbo, seriously.

Apey

Staff member
Queensland 40-0.

That side is worse than game 1.

At least big fat Idris is gone.

proof some people will never be happy.

Much better team than game 1. Perry, Idris and Kimmorely are all gone. The only glaring problem left I see is White, and I'm not sold on Scott or Tahu.

Chook Norris

First Grade
much much better team than game 1

now, look at this.. a captain on the bench!! lmaoo

not happy that Scott is playing centre at all.. the attack will be absolutely sh*thouse down his side

Timmah

Staff member
Not sold on Pearce, I didn't think Noddy was a necessary scapegoat. Aside from that I'm quite happy with the side.

Spot On

Coach
King, Dugan, Idris omitted.

Would have thought they would keep King because of the lack of props.

I assume Gallen will play 80, switching between Lock and Front Row.

I'm going to asume Paul Gallen will be doing a lot of things the props and second rowers should be doing. QLD will look at this pack and know they need only stop one man - Mr Gallen. He is in for a very tough night.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Better team than game one. Two biggest concerns are Scott in the centres and the lack of props on the bench. Also Brett White is an absolute joke.

Barrett and Pearce is a much better halves combo than game one.

Timmah, you are kidding about Kimmorley. Pearce is a much better option.

At least the biggest human in the world isn't there.

Chook Norris

First Grade
i think the forward pack will fare a lot better this time round, with the exception of White... it's a pretty damn solid pack

abpanther

Staff member
What's the f**ken point of having Hindmarsh on the bench, it's not like he's gonna make any impact, seems like he just got picked to appease the media

Latest posts