What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 2

BDR

First Grade
Hard to see how they'll fit Dugan, Gidley, Pearce and Barrett in together, especially if Hayne is cleared. My bet is some farked up situation where Dugan is on the wing or some other wild configuration that will leak points all night

Jono078

Referee
Quite happy with it. Kade Snowden's unlucky. But I knew he wouldn't be there when Jason King was warming up with the team in game 1.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Is that really the best NSW can come up with? Even with 21 players it's pretty pathetic squad. QLD by 30... even playing with an AFL player in the team.

MacDougall

First Grade
Being a Tigers fan, I am very disappointed for Heighington and Lawrence in particular. I gave Farah no chance but obviously Lawrence must have come into calculations if Beau Scott got a go.

Makes you wonder if the Tigers are being black balled for some reason. In the time NSW haven't won a series we have only had two players in the team and both were only there for a very short while.

I just don't understand how Idris, Tahu, Cooper and Beau Scott get a nod ahead of Josh Morris, Michael Jennings and Chris Lawrence.

If I were any of those three I would be bitterly disappointed.

Also isn't Nathan Hindmarsh playing with a pretty debilitating injury? What is the point of selecting him?

There are some positives, but in the end, judiciary hearings notwithstanding I imagine it will wind up.

1. Gidley
2. B Morris
3. Cooper
4. Idris
5. Tahu
6. Barrett
7. Pearce
8. King
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Waterhouse
12. Hindmarsh
13. Gallen

14. Dugan
15. Creagh
16. Learoyd Lahrs
17. Creagh

Which isn't really any better than the first one.

Sleep

Juniors
Idris?! :lol:

Congratulations Queenslanders. 3 - 0. Six years in a row. And no that's not a typo. I truly believe that they'll continue this for at least another year when the selectors are picking trash like this.

Raider_69

Post Whore
So pumped for Dugan. He's deserved this get
i think its a clear intention that Giddley wont be at fullback, because if he was going to be your shadow player for Hayne, you wouldnt bother naming Dugan at all. So it seems one decision is straight up Dugan for Hayne if he isnt cleared

anjado

Juniors
Can't believe they picked Beau Scott over the likes of Champion,Jennings,Morris and Lawrence,It just screams scared sh*tless of Inglis. We need to score points if Hayne is suspended we have no match winners in the team at all no spark.

Kimmorley gets dropped despite being one of NSW's best players in game one, Cooper and White retain there position despite being hopeless in the first game.

Dugan is a good selection but lets face it they won't drop him for the golden boy so at best he will be shunted onto the wing.

same rubbish front rowers who have proven time and again they aren't up to it i am shocked they didn't recall Kite, NSW have a great depth of young centres to choose from and they choose two old blokes and a guy who is rubbish in attack.

Can't see them getting near Queensland with this team they will have to win 10-6 or something which won't happen.

Ladmate

Bench
Good to see you guys have plenty of passion for NSW.:crazy:

You are right.

NSW 50+. QLD have no chance at Suncorp. We won there last year in Game 3, which meant a lot to them, and our 1, 6, 7, 9 are 10x better than useless Billy, Darren, Jonathan, and Cameron.

Jono1987

Juniors
It's like all the sooks here expected something different? Have you been watching SoO over the past decade? They don't chop and change teams from game to game. The coach and selectors didn't screw up with this lineup, they did that by picking the team they did for game 1. Regardless I'll be cheering them on next Wednesday night.

Danish

Referee
What a sh*t squad...

IMO this is their preferred team:

Hayne
Morris
Cooper
Scott
Tahu
Barrett
Gidley
Weyman
Ennis
King
Gallen
Creagh
LOD

Lewis
Idris
TLL
White

In the event that Hayne is suspended, Dugan will come into fullback. In the event that he is injured, Gidley will go to fullback and Pearce into halfback. If Lewis is suspended, Hindmarsh will come into the squad at Lock and LOD will be pushed to the bench. Waterhouse will only come into the side if Hindmarsh succumbs to his sternum injury.

So basically they named the worst side possible

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Can't believe they picked Beau Scott over the likes of Champion,Jennings,Morris and Lawrence,It just screams scared sh*tless of Inglis. We need to score points if Hayne is suspended we have no match winners in the team at all no spark

Scott over Jennings or Lawrence is the one that irks me the most. Like they think he will nullify Inglis or something? :lol:

No player, I don't care how good a defender they are, will ever completely nullify Inglis if he is on his game.

Scott is a meat and potatoes style of player. He is not quick, he is not dangerous with the ball in his hands, he is not capable of scoring points, has no sign of any class in attack. FFS he is a glorified backrower, turned centre. Average player at best.

Chook Norris

First Grade
if Scott plays centre.. i will murder someone. We have trouble scoring points already.. we don't need this muppet there to screw us over even more

Spot

Juniors
It's a requirement from Bozo that Manly have some representation in the team hence the selection of King. They'll probably play him in the centres to defend against Inglis.

What perverted universe do we live in?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
t just screams scared sh*tless of Inglis. We need to score points if Hayne is suspended we have no match winners in the team at all no spark.

why do you think tahu is there? the "idea" is he'll stop inglis. tahu has been sh*t since his return. the selectors havent been trying to score points for several series now, you'd think they may have finally realised to win the game they need to score more points....

i think the fact thgey picked 4 EXTRA players based on 2 players going before the judiciary means they have no idea what they're going to do (or more to the point no idea). either hayne is at fullback or he's not. either gidley is in the halves or he's not. having this ridiculous scenario where dugan may be in based on whetehr lewis is there or barret in absed on whetehr hayne is there is stupid. and what about the other extra forwards? "we dont know iof lewis will be playing so we'll pick 3 other blokes to cover him cos we dont know which one we want"

Last edited: