What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL Queensland team for Game II

Queensland team for Game II

By staff writers
June 08, 2010

Controversial NRL star Israel Folau has been named in a strong Queensland
17-man line-up to face New South Wales at Suncorp Stadium on
Wednesday week.

01.Billy Slater
02.Darius Boyd
03.Greg Inglis
04.Willie Tonga
05.Israel Folau
06.Darren Lockyer (capt)
07.Johnathan Thurston
08.Matthew Scott
09.Cameron Smith
10.Dave Shillington
11.Sam Thaiday
12.Nate Myles
13.Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
14.Cooper Cronk
15.Ben Hannant
16.Neville Costigan
17.Dave Taylor
18th man: Jharal Yow Yeh

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27241617-5018993,00.html

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
Queensland has today named the following players to represent the XXXX Maroons in Game 2 of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series against NSW at Suncorp Stadium on June 16.

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons)
3. Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm)
4. Willie Tonga (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Israel Folau (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Darren Lockyer (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
8. Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)
10. Dave Shillington (Canberra Raiders)
11. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast Titans)

14. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
15. Ben Hannant (Canterbury Bulldogs)
16. Neville Costigan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
17. Dave Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

18th man - Jharal Yow Yeh (Brisbane Broncos)

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...nsland-maroons-team-announcement/default.aspx

I don't think 21 players is going to be enough to beat this side.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
You might want to put a link in or your thread will/may get deleted like mine did earlier.

Thanks for that mods, would have been hard to just ask for a link opposed to deleting the thread.

Last edited:

Sleep

Juniors
It's up on SMH and everywhere else. Not exactly hard to find. QLD sticking to their guns and making the smart decisions.

Far too good for NSW up there. 34 - 10 or something.

hugzy

Juniors
am i hallucinating? i swear i read somewhere "21 players wont be enough to beat this mob"

anyway, whereever i saw it, i concur, especially with Kurt "oh god"ley as fullback

as a knights fan, it's ridiculous to the point where it's laughable... SURELY hes not THAT slow (that when he breaks the line 10m from the try line he can be stopped by slater 5m out from the line)...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Welcome back Israel Folau.

So are the QRL going to allow Izzy to have a lap of honour once they win, or will there be a parade through the streets of Brisbane so that they can give him the keys to the City?

Rugby League was the winner.

sharko

Juniors
Very powerful team, I think Hannant should start, cannot see the NSW backline halting the Qld backline for the whole 80 minutes.
Qld forwards only need to hold the NSW pack and that will give their backs sufficient to beat NSW, if the Qld forwards dominate the NSW pack then the score could be a massacre!

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't have picked Folau. Yeow Yeh should have got the nod.

But hey, its QLD and I'll back em 120%!!

Beware fellow QLDers. Too early for talking about massacres. NSW are well and truly backed into a corner (injuries, Hayne suspension etc) and have will have nothing to loose.

If there is 10 minutes to go in Game 2 with QLD up by 40 - then I'll start talking massacre.

johns_reds

First Grade
Team looks good, It's also good to see Falou in the team, he deserves it for the service he has put in the last couple years.

I think hannant on the bench to start is a good option as well

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I don't reckon we'll see him in game 3.

how would this be "loyal". its a strong team but folau shouldnt be there

QLD teams have had atendency to t ake their foot off the accelerator once they are in control, if this one keeps the foot down the blues will get massacred

DeeJ

Bench
Good side. I agree with Shillington starting over Hannant because Ben has only come back from injury and Dave put in an awesome performance in Origin 1.

I really don't think Yow Yeh has played well enough to get an 18th man spot, though he has the talent to be in the team in a few years time.

Latest posts