What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Round 1 Teams

The Dodger

First Grade
A rabbitohs supporter talking about other teams and their chances of the spoon? f**k, I've heard it all now.

Love the fact that some of you nufties commenting don't even know who Milo is, or what he did lsat year but want to assume he is sh*t. You obviously watch one game of footy a week, being your own team, and have your head so far up your arse you have no idea about football or the ability of other teams players.

Millington last year was not only a toiler, but scored some very good, strong trys running over the top of other players.

Its round one, anyone talking about "crap looking teams" is going to be looking a wanker come round 14.

Bring on the footy.

well said JC.

i was waiting for someone to come in here and say something.

bunnies fans talking about other tams having the worst backline when their backline is pretty sad too.

perverse

Referee
A rabbitohs supporter talking about other teams and their chances of the spoon? f**k, I've heard it all now.

Love the fact that some of you nufties commenting don't even know who Milo is, or what he did lsat year but want to assume he is sh*t. You obviously watch one game of footy a week, being your own team, and have your head so far up your arse you have no idea about football or the ability of other teams players.

Millington last year was not only a toiler, but scored some very good, strong trys running over the top of other players.

Its round one, anyone talking about "crap looking teams" is going to be looking a wanker come round 14.

Bring on the footy.
to be fair - the sharks were practically unwatchable last year. i almost went out of my way not to watch their matches.

and what else are we going to talk about a few days out from kickoff, when the teams are named? i'm more than willing to put my balls on the chopping block as far as a few predictions go. anyone who's been watching footy for anymore than a year or 2 knows damn well that things never turn out even remotely how we think they will... but speculating is half the fun.

i think you'll find most the blokes in this thread will be more than happy to put their hands up and have a laugh about how far off the mark they were come round 14... and again come the end of the season. i know i will. try removing the sandpaper strap-on you seem to have stuck up your coight and lighten up. the good news is the preseason is almost over!

Bring on the footy.

Yes, how dare we all share our opinions on an Internet forum...

Oh and as a Rabbits supporter I'm probably more qualified than most to identify a potential spoon side. God knows I've watched plenty of them go around.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd take the Bunnies backline over the Sharks any day of the week. Apart from the promising Blake Ferguson, and he's still only promising at this stage, they're very weak. Merritt is the most underrated winger in the game, Talenoa was great last season and should improve even more. While Best and Wesser have proved their ability over very long careers in the NRL. Not the greatest backline, but far from the worst. Which is more than I can say for Cronulla.

sorry guys, i guess talking it up isn't aloud either.

bring on the footy!

Everyone has an opinion...

Oh and ftr, while I'm a souths fan, I'm also a football fan. I have Foxtel and I don't miss a game. I also watch plenty of Toyota, nsw and qld cup. I would have missed maybe three sharks games last year while I was os.

rabbitohbill

Juniors
Souths have a couple of young blokes coming through in the backline, who I expect to get a run later in the year and never look back.

Junior Vai Vai and Kane Morgan.

Remember the names, especially Morgan. Imo that kid is going to hit the scene in a big way when he gets the call up.

Both of them were top tryscorers in the NYC last year. Vai Vai is a big powerful centre, who reminds me of a young Justin Hodges and Morgan is an explosive winger / centre who has a tonne of pace. Both of them really know how to find the try line. Mark my words when I say that at least one if not both of these two kids is destined for a stellar career.

Farrel is better than both of them, but I'll leave you to fight this battle!;-)

typicalfan

Coach

Bring on the footy.

I am not sure I agree with your logic? that is like saying "Fancy a Storm fan predicting another team for the title"

Of course the Sharks look ordinary, 15th last year, some handy but hardly game breaking recruits like Collis and Aiton, some plain ordinary recruits as well like Cordoba.

I don't think the Sharks will get the spoon, they are too mentally tough to do that, but I am certainly not going to put my house on them making the 8.

simon says

First Grade
Whats the go with Taia on the bench.

All the Knights fans were aghast at Ellis being mentioned as being better,but the bloke is on the bench even after the recent depatures.

Knights fans.....what the???

And while Im at it,will Paterson be kicking,and issat why he is starting??

Shanky

Juniors
a mate of mine was talking to vuna this morning, and apparently taia is on the bench cause hes still not 100% after off season shoulder surgery. im sure he'll be back in the pack when hes fit.

perverse

Referee
Whats the go with Taia on the bench.

All the Knights fans were aghast at Ellis being mentioned as being better,but the bloke is on the bench even after the recent depatures.

Knights fans.....what the???

And while Im at it,will Paterson be kicking,and issat why he is starting??
Taia is coming back from shoulder surgery. it is to limit his minutes... lol. there may even be a question mark over him for the game, hence why it is a 5 man bench.

the word was Dureau would be the kicker while gidley is out, but paterson is also a possibility.

Latest posts