What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Team for Round Three

eelsta

Bench
:?
pazzaeel said:
i have this weird thought somewhere in the back of my mind, hoping that we get flogged on friday night. obviously this is so that hagan is forced to make some team changes. i reckon that if we win, he will continue to play the same old team and this will enivitably be our downfall. win or lose on friday, i cannot see the current team being a semi final force. i want to see some young blood and enthusiasm injected into the team.

however, i see the most likely outcome being that we get flogged by the tigers on friday night, but hagan not making any changes next week. thus creating a lose / lose scenario.

what are the rest of your thoughts?? are you willing to sacrafice a couple more games in order to see some of the youngsters given a go?? (assuming hagan would make such changes)

ummm in a word..... NO:crazy:

Ant

Juniors
Look perosnally I think it is a much better looking team you add two rep players to any team and it looks better.

I actually think the forwards and especially the props went well last week, after a sub par performance againts the warriors.

I am amazed Lowrie has copped so much, because I feel its all pre-mediated, unless he makes 4 line busts scores 3 tries the knives are out for him. Its clear before he got here thats fans see him as a fall guy for our saviour Mateo. I think Lowrie has actually shown more in his time on the field than most of our other backrowers.

On Mateo, well I would like to see more of him, but you would have to say we saw why people want him picked and why people are hesitant. He looked a threat with the ball, without a doubt. But he also pushed some passes, needs to be selective with the offloads. He stayed down in defence from what seemed a pretty harmless knock leaving us a man short. When we were still in the game he made 2 crucial errors, attacking their line he knocked the ball on early i the tackle count, then at the other end made a terrible attempt at tackle to allow Faalago to score.

Mateo seems to still be learning, he is certainly a danger with the ball, but he holds it loosely a lot and the offload is not always on. I think his current state he will cause us more harm than good. He needs to wait for the opportunity to present itself.

Anyway after all that I am in 2 minds, why probably because I have thought about it long and hard, which I encourage some of you to do.

The backs were the problem on the weekend, both in attack and defence. And the edge of Tahu/Hayne was the worst yet the targets are the other guys.

I am happy to perservere with the named players, but I would think only really Nathan Cayless can say he's had 2 top games. Everyone else has had a mixed bag.

Daneel

Bench
eelavation said:
anyone that hopes thier own team loses either has a motza put on against them or is not a supporter at all.

It's completely ridiculous to even contemplating it....period.

This goes for me to. I, like the rest of you have no control over who is selected to play, but i wouldn't even wish one player a bad game so he got dropped, let alone thinking it would be a good idea to lose a game.

It reminds me of an ozzie ostrich joke i read as a young kid. Ozzie had a pile of stones with a lantern on top. He was asked what is the pile of stones for? His response was "to hold the lantern up". He was then asked what the lantern was for? He replied simply "so people don't run into the pile of stones."

Why do you want our team to lose? So you can force the coaches hand into making changes. Why do you want changes? Because our team keeps on losing. :roll:

Hurriflatch

Referee
I never want Parra to happen but TBH I don't think it will make any difference if Parra lost 2 games as they have or if it ends up being 13 games a la Knights 2005

btaag

Juniors
Good points Ant. I agree with you on Mateo.

I agree with the others who say we wait till round 4 before going :crazy:

It was comical on Sunday for most of the game (circa 1995 to be honest), but it is the start of the season. I have seen them play like this since I can remember at the start of the year.

Fingers crossed we improve.

Ironically, by Hagan sticking by his squad, once (if) they Gel, they could go on a big roll. You cannot chop and change your squad and throw kids on the field in round 2.

lucablight

First Grade
Ant said:
Look perosnally I think it is a much better looking team you add two rep players to any team and it looks better.

I actually think the forwards and especially the props went well last week, after a sub par performance againts the warriors.

I am amazed Lowrie has copped so much, because I feel its all pre-mediated, unless he makes 4 line busts scores 3 tries the knives are out for him. Its clear before he got here thats fans see him as a fall guy for our saviour Mateo. I think Lowrie has actually shown more in his time on the field than most of our other backrowers.

On Mateo, well I would like to see more of him, but you would have to say we saw why people want him picked and why people are hesitant. He looked a threat with the ball, without a doubt. But he also pushed some passes, needs to be selective with the offloads. He stayed down in defence from what seemed a pretty harmless knock leaving us a man short. When we were still in the game he made 2 crucial errors, attacking their line he knocked the ball on early i the tackle count, then at the other end made a terrible attempt at tackle to allow Faalago to score.

Mateo seems to still be learning, he is certainly a danger with the ball, but he holds it loosely a lot and the offload is not always on. I think his current state he will cause us more harm than good. He needs to wait for the opportunity to present itself.

Anyway after all that I am in 2 minds, why probably because I have thought about it long and hard, which I encourage some of you to do.

The backs were the problem on the weekend, both in attack and defence. And the edge of Tahu/Hayne was the worst yet the targets are the other guys.

I am happy to perservere with the named players, but I would think only really Nathan Cayless can say he's had 2 top games. Everyone else has had a mixed bag.

Nice work being diplomatic. Let's just drop the guy that set up our only try last game.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Im putting a $100 on West Tigers. At least i'll have some spending money for the weekend.

Burt at fullback assures me a win. He drops the ball coming off his line AT LEAST once a game.

Suitman

Post Whore
_mUSASHI_ said:
Im putting a $100 on West Tigers. At least i'll have some spending money for the weekend.

Burt at fullback assures me a win. He drops the ball coming off his line AT LEAST once a game.

Nice to have you back bro. :lol:

Suity

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Suitman said:
Nice to have you back bro. :lol:

Suity

Hey Suity,

Yeah, dave and I watched the misery unfold on Sunday and we were talking about ya. All good of course. I'd like to say will meet you at a game this year, it already looks like i wont be wasting my money.

I will go and watch them lose in the Corporate Box, but im not laying down my hard earned to watch that rubbish. At least i can write myself off in the box.

Suitman

Post Whore
_mUSASHI_ said:
Hey Suity,

Yeah, dave and I watched the misery unfold on Sunday and we were talking about ya. All good of course. I'd like to say will meet you at a game this year, it already looks like i wont be wasting my money.

I will go and watch them lose in the Corporate Box, but im not laying down my hard earned to watch that rubbish. At least i can write myself off in the box.

Well, if you are going to a game and sitting in a box, let me know and we'll catch up for a cheapy before the game at Denis's Palace.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
None of the Clubs have made wholesale changes in light of form..Just the conventional ones..like Head for Williams, McDonnell for the winger (Wests), Roberts for Soliola,
They are all taking the slack ..watch for changes in round four if losses continue...

Latest posts