What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Team for Round Three

fish eel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
He and Ben Smith are in the same boat. But it becomes a case of "let's drop ben" instead of "let's drop Ben or Tahu". Realistically, Tahu is giving away idiotic penalties every week which are killing us. Yes, he looks OK in attack - but his winger is starved of the ball.

Timana Tahu is one of the most potent ball runners in the NRL. I'd give him a lot more time than two matches this year.

Ben Smith aint even in the same electorate, let alone postcode as Tahu.

V1er

Juniors
It could be worse, Hagan could have dropped Mateo all the way back to PL, at least at 18 he's a slim chance of playing on friday night.

Tahu should also move back to the wing and put INU in the centres.

Hurriflatch

Referee
AS I said in another thread the reason Tahu is hogging the ball is becuase he won't touch the ball when he goes to Union so he is doing it as much as he can now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^b0ss^ said:
still very early in the picture yet boys ....99% we will win with hindy back...:):)

thinks are always good when he is there and its our first HOME GAME so lets get there and support the team. We all know how much better parra plays at home :):):) when they get the PARRA clap clap clap PARRA clap clap clap

well said

lets support them

closest I can get is in front of the TV

Avenger

Immortal
Well Eric should also bring his guitar to the field in union, at least he will have something to do.

Eelementary

Post Whore
fish eel said:
Timana Tahu is one of the most potent ball runners in the NRL. I'd give him a lot more time than two matches this year.

Ben Smith aint even in the same electorate, let alone postcode as Tahu.

In terms of current form, they would have to be. Neither is setting the world on fire. And if I recall correctly, Ben has made more linebreaks than Tahu this year so far...

My point is that I think we over-rate Tahu. Everyone cried foul when he defected to the pussy code, and when Grothe says he's thinking of doing the same, everyone shrugs and says, "Oh well - best of luck to you!" like he's a nuffy.

Between the two, I'd take Grothe every time - he's genuinely capable of putting the opposition on the back-foot with a strong kick return or a great dummy-half run. Tahu in recent years has been solid but unspectacular.

Phillips

Referee
if i was Mateo i would be looking for another club right about now..

or hiring someone to introduce todd lowrie's kneecaps to an iron bar

Hurriflatch

Referee
Phillips said:

I think I've got Tonya Harding's number somewhere

don't ask how I was young, needed money and there was alcohol involved

Eelementary

Post Whore
Phillips said:

No, that wouldn't work. He's the next ben Kennedy, remember?

What you need to do is get a Queenslander to hit him across the shoulders - that'll put him out for the season.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
I think I've got Tonya Harding's number somewhere

don't ask how I was young, needed money and there was alcohol involved
so she was drunk and payed you?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Phillips said:

hmm.. thats rational!

Parra Glory

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
Here it is - Eels v Wests Tigers.

1 – Luke Burt
2 – Jarryd Hayne
3 – Ben Smith
4 – Timana Tahu
5 – Eric Grothe
6 – Brett Finch
7 – Tim Smith
8 – Nathan Cayless ©
9 – Mark Riddell
10 – Aaron Cannings
11- Nathan Hindmarsh
12 – Chad Robinson
13 – Daniel Wagon

14 – PJ Marsh
15 – Josh Cordoba
16 – Ian Hindmarsh
17 – Todd Lowrie
18 – Feleti Mateo

these guys provide no go forward for us what so ever. i would replace Todd Lowrie with Feleti Mateo, and Ian Hindmarsh with Zeb Tai

Smartman

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
The only thing Inu is wondering now is does he take 220k for 2 years at Manly
or 200k for 3 years at the Bulldogs

If hes smart enough he will know which is the better offer :cool:

dazeely

First Grade
Suitman said:
As much as I'm disappointed, I'll stand by my stance that Hagan has 4 weeks.

If the same players are not producing by Round 4, I'll be furious.

Inu must be really wondering.

Suity

I'm with Suity here.

IMO Hags is doing the honourable thing and giving the experienced ones the first opportunity to impress. But yes if he continues to persist with them after say round 4 I too will be pissed off. They need to improve considerable and quickly.

the_eel

Juniors
If all goes well this week hopefully Moi Moi will be a late replacement for Cordoba and Mateo will be added to the bench at the expense of I. Hindmarsh. In a perfect world Moi Moi would replace Lowrie but unfortunately i can't see Hagan replacing him with anyone at all. He's undoubtedly going to be our new 'untouchable'.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Smartman said:
If hes smart enough he will know which is the better offer :cool:

Don't the Bulldogs have a forum? You're always in here, and your name is highly misleading to the members who aren't aware of you.

Latest posts