What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Team for Round Three

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can understand Hagan not promoting the youngsters if we had been winning,but we've been woeful. The only change's he has made are forced ones with Hindy and Guru coming back. And as for picking Mr invisible Lowrie ahead of Mateo that's absolute bullsh*t.

bartman

Immortal
This team is exactly as we could have predicted it was... in fact I predicted no changes except Hindy and Grothe, so no surprises there.

It's round 3, and despite all of our carry on about how the team is going, he was not going to fiddle with things this early, given that this will be the first time we've been almost at full strength (except for Fui). No coach would mess with his starting three-quarters until the rep winger is back on board, and he can judge what is going on.

If we don't perform for 80 mins, there are a few guys on the verge of a promotion to the 17 for round 4 - maybe Inu for either Hayne or Burt (with a re-shuffle), and hopefully Fui Fui for Cannings with one of the forwards on the bench dropping back to PL. Two of Mateo, Lowrie and Ian Hindmarsh have this one chance left to show who should be retained in the 17 when Fui's back - whoever plays better should get the bench spot next week.

If the halves aren't working again, I'd expect Hagan to first go with a change in combo involving use of PJ, and maybe shift Finch at dummy half to try and fix things there, rather than the dumping of Smith or Finch to PL.

emjaycee

Coach
bartman said:
This team is exactly as we could have predicted it was... in fact I predicted no changes except Hindy and Grothe, so no surprises there.

It's round 3, and despite all of our carry on about how the team is going, he was not going to fiddle with things this early, given that this will be the first time we've been almost at full strength (except for Fui). No coach would mess with his starting three-quarters until the rep winger is back on board, and he can judge what is going on.

If we don't perform for 80 mins, there are a few guys on the verge of a promotion to the 17 for round 4 - maybe Inu for either Hayne or Burt (with a re-shuffle), and hopefully Fui Fui for Cannings with one of the forwards on the bench dropping back to PL. Two of Mateo, Lowrie and Ian Hindmarsh have this one chance left to show who should be retained in the 17 when Fui's back - whoever plays better should get the bench spot next week.

If the halves aren't working again, I'd expect Hagan to first go with a change in combo involving use of PJ, and maybe shift Finch at dummy half to try and fix things there, rather than the dumping of Smith or Finch to PL.

Wow, a sensible post about what needs to happen - finally.
Bartman, I would add "No coach would mess with his backrow until the number one backrower is on board and he can judge what is really missing".

pazzaeel

Juniors
i have this weird thought somewhere in the back of my mind, hoping that we get flogged on friday night. obviously this is so that hagan is forced to make some team changes. i reckon that if we win, he will continue to play the same old team and this will enivitably be our downfall. win or lose on friday, i cannot see the current team being a semi final force. i want to see some young blood and enthusiasm injected into the team.

however, i see the most likely outcome being that we get flogged by the tigers on friday night, but hagan not making any changes next week. thus creating a lose / lose scenario.

what are the rest of your thoughts?? are you willing to sacrafice a couple more games in order to see some of the youngsters given a go?? (assuming hagan would make such changes)

bartman

Immortal
emjaycee said:
Bartman, I would add "No coach would mess with his backrow until the number one backrower is on board and he can judge what is really missing".
Well yes, that too MJC! This week we've learned that Hagan rates Robinson and Wagon opver Ian Hindmarsh, something we couldn't know until Nathan Hindy was due back. Next week with Fui's return we'll know who he rates higher out of Lowrie and Ian Hindmarsh (assuming Feleti will be in PL as per start of season, unless he has an out and out blinder this week - in defence as well as attack).

I'd be surprised if too many people disagree with the top 17 names once everyone's fit? Didn't see too many concerns prior to Round One with selections. Then it just comes down to the age old debate about how long a coach should wait before wringing the changes. I still say four weeks personally, and I can understand hagan waiting six in the backs and back row, given he is just getting use of two key players. In the halves combo I'd say he'll tweak after Round 4 if it hasn't come good by then, because he's had everyone available from the start.

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
umpire's decision is made...time to support the 17 running out on friday night. If some of you are so distraught about team selections maybe you should go and see a movie instead...

I'll recomense my whingin on saturday morning.

go the mighty eels!!!!!!!!

Who isn't supporting the team? There is no need to be so diplomatic. We have a right to be pissed off because we want what's best for the team because we support them.

eels4lyf

Personally my top team would be . . .

1. hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grother
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. riddell
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindy
12. Mateo/robbo
13. B.SMith

14. Marsh
15. Canning
16. mateo/robbo
17. Zeb/weller/faaoso/paulo

Now i know i am going to get cained here as to why i put inu and mateo in because people will say they havnt proved themselves or they have limited nrl experience. Well how do u expect them to learn, and adapt to the game at an NRL level when they are'nt selected?

I honestly cannot understand ian hindmarsh's role on the bench. nOr can i understand the selection of lowrie on the bench. i cannot see any impact in these two players. I moved ben smith to lock, eventhough he isnt playing bad at centre i just think the more flashy inu can add to the team in that regard, which is why i still had him at lock. I beleive the last bench spot should be fought out by one of the younger brigade . . . HAgan for god's sake give them a go. I am undecided on whether or not mateo should start i think i would stay with robbo. If wagon doesnt start i cant see him as any use off the bench either! So see you later!

Its about time we started rewarding our young boys who put in every week but seem to (only at parramatta) go nowhere!

In saying all this i will be there on friday night standing on my seat singing our sweet victory song.

FIRE UP BOYS!!!!

And best of luck to timmy and finchy!! you'll be all good boys i know it!

eels4lyf

My bad . . . i'm assuming you all have no clue but we signed a german war veteran called Erek Grother . . . far better than EGJ. Just so you all know why i picked him at 5 :)

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
Who isn't supporting the team? There is no need to be so diplomatic. We have a right to be pissed off because we want what's best for the team because we support them.

and who the hell is stopping you???....just because I've chose a different path to you until saturday morning doesn't mean I'm being diplomatic.

maybe you and flatch can make it a date...:D

http://hoyts.ninemsn.com.au/img/logo.gif

lighten up hank!!

Pazza

First Grade
i honestly believe that Mateo and Fui will come onto the bench

Mateo to come on for Hindmarsh and Robinson and Wagon to play 80 minutes

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
i honestly believe that Mateo and Fui will come onto the bench

Mateo to come on for Hindmarsh and Robinson and Wagon to play 80 minutes

no way, to good to be true..:lol:

strider

Post Whore
i think there is a legit case to give all the players a few weeks to show they can play ... but when you do give a guy like mateo a go and he DOES show he can go better than others, then I don't think you should drop him (or make him 18th man and not play at all) .... maybe he IS going to play - we won't know till friday evening i guess - but if he doesn't i think its quite poor

Pazza

First Grade
in light of the impact he made in the game against souths and that one of his strong runs and offloads lead to tahu try, its would be extremely disappointing to see him dropped in front of butterfingers Ian and that guy from newcastle

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
eels4lyf said:
Personally my top team would be . . .

1. hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grother
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. riddell
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindy
12. Mateo/robbo
13. B.SMith

14. Marsh
15. Canning
16. mateo/robbo
17. Zeb/weller/faaoso/paulo

nice team

except for robbo id have wags at least he offers a bit of go forward

Stagger eel

Staff member
anyone that hopes thier own team loses either has a motza put on against them or is not a supporter at all.

It's completely ridiculous to even be contemplating it....period.

Latest posts