What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL TEAM LIST - vs. Hartley’s Boys

Frailty

First Grade
Unfortunately Scott Bailey is reporting that. Miller is a great replacement, but I was enjoying watching Dykes. Says a lot about the team when you're fullback backup to the backup is Miller, and Ikuvalu can come onto the wing.

Some very solid recruitment last offseason.

R-15-3

Bench
Jurbo is incredibly overrated and, hot-take, I think him being an out is up for Manly.
Whilst I agree with the fullback not really being used to direct defence, Koula out the back scares me a bit. If the Sharks don't get their kick chase right he has the speed and agility to really make them pay.

Can never underestimate Manly. The amount of times we were meant to be beat them at Brookvale and never do is ridiculous. I'm confident Fitzy will get the team in the right headspace, but I'll never be comfortable until the fulltime whistle goes and the Sharks are ahead on the scoreboard.
Agree he is over rated but it’s his work load that needs to be spread between the rest that will be the problem.

Special K

Coach
It sucks but the balance of the team is better with a fullback at fullback and a winger on the wing. Great depth.

Rumour has it Gus is still bashing the door down to get Miller over to the dogs next year/beyond. I can't see us releasing him but might be a Metcalf situation.

chewsta

First Grade
Both Connor and Moyza are on track to play but could be late withdrawals due to their recent injuries, with their replacements being Trindall and Iro.
Seriously how bloody good is our depth. Ikuvalu should be an NRL winger every week. But is 3rd man up at the Sharkies. Iro, destroying teams week in week out in Reggie's and can't get a look in. Kennedy goes down injured, so we unearth a kid who is a future star, he goes down injured. No worries, just throw in Miller, an Australian Rugby 9's Olympian.

Fluffy erectile spoof function engaged!

Eion

First Grade
It sucks as great opportunity to give Dykes game time, but at this stage I’d say we are a better side with Miller at fullback and Ika on wing

Jurbo is incredibly overrated and, hot-take, I think him being an out is up for Manly.
Whilst I agree with the fullback not really being used to direct defence, Koula out the back scares me a bit. If the Sharks don't get their kick chase right he has the speed and agility to really make them pay.

Can never underestimate Manly. The amount of times we were meant to be beat them at Brookvale and never do is ridiculous. I'm confident Fitzy will get the team in the right headspace, but I'll never be comfortable until the fulltime whistle goes and the Sharks are ahead on the scoreboard.

Frailty , strongly disagree about Jake T being overrated. We will knock down the front door when we play them on Saturday. You will see how much he is the glue up the middle for any team he plays for. The bloke never gives up ever. More than I can say about some of his teammates.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
Frailty , strongly disagree about Jake T being overrated. We will knock down the front door when we play them on Saturday. You will see how much he is the glue up the middle for any team he plays for. The bloke never gives up ever. More than I can about some of his teammates.
Some of his defensive efforts last week against the Titans looked like he gave up. Hell, it's only got him listed as one missed tackle because he put in such little effort he barely moved an arm to attempt to get to a player.

I will give him credit - he gets away with holding down and flopping into tackles amongst the best of them. He is averaging 58 running metres when he is playing 80 minutes most weeks. Hell even Josh Jackson is averging more tackles and running metres than Jurbo.

Some of his defensive efforts last week against the Titans looked like he gave up. Hell, it's only got him listed as one missed tackle because he put in such little effort he barely moved an arm to attempt to get to a player.

I will give him credit - he gets away with holding down and flopping into tackles amongst the best of them. He is averaging 58 running metres when he is playing 80 minutes most weeks. Hell even Josh Jackson is averging more tackles and running metres than Jurbo.
It's amazing how far being a good bloke can get you in this game. Another spud the media love who is bang average, the carry on about him in origin 2 was pathetic as if he single handedly won the game. If the commentators and media say it enough it becomes gospel though.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Jesus love the shire more haters.

300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

We got this..

Latest posts