What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official team lists for this week.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eric Grothe will make his 100th First Grade appearance for the Pirtek Parramatta Eels while 21 year old prop Tim Mannah is in line to make his NRL debut in Saturday’s Round One Telstra Premiership clash with the New Zealand Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grothe’s will line up on the wing in his milestone game, his first in the top grade since the Eels heart stopping round 12 loss to the Brisbane Broncos in 2008.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mannah – the Eels Toyota Cup captain last season – has won his inclusion on a six-man interchange bench off the back of solid performances in the trails and in training over the summer months.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Saturday 7.30pm (5.30pm AEDT) fixture is also head coach Daniel Anderson’s first competition game since taking charge of the Eels and his first NRL match back in Auckland since leaving the Warriors in 2004.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jarryd Hayne has been named at five eighth, resuming the role that netted him four tries in two trial appearances, while Ben Smith makes his first appearance in the top grade since round 10 of the 2008 season.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nathan Cayless will captain the side in just his second match since leading New Zealand to victory in the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The NRL match will be preceded by the Toyota Cup clash between the Eels and the Warriors, which kicks off at 5.20pm (3.20pm AEDT). Both games will be broadcast live throughout Australia on Fox Sports 2.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NRL : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS V WARRIORS : MT. SMART STADIUM, AUCKLAND
SAT 14 MARCH 2009, 730PM (530PM AEDT)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Luke BURT 2. Joel REDDY 3. Ben SMITH 4. Krisnan INU 5. Eric GROTHE (*100th Eels Game) 6. Jarryd HAYNE 7. Brett FINCH 8. Nathan CAYLESS [C] 9. Matthew KEATING 10. Josh CORDOBA 11. Nathan HINDMARSH 12. Weller HAURAKI 13. Feleti MATEO INTERCHANGE: 14. Kris KEATING 15. Todd LOWRIE 16. Tim MANNAH (#First Grade Debut) 17. Fuifui MOIMOI 18. Taulima TAUTAI 19. Joe GALUVAO COACH: Daniel ANDERSON[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TOYOTA CUP : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS V WARRIORS : MT. SMART STADIUM, AUCKLAND
SAT 14 MARCH 2009, 520PM (320PM AEDT)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Domenic NASSO 2. Shaun COX 3. Brad GRAHAM 4. Taniela LASALO 5. David THOMAS 6. Albert KELLY 7. Daniel MORTIMER 8. Kene TE WHATA 9. Anthony MITCHELL 10. Mitchel JOHNSON 11. Tim AUREMI 12. Rulon NUTIRA 13. Jason BAITIERI INTERCHANGE: 14. Joel LATHAM 15. Ellis JAMES 16. Royce HURA 17. Boyd BROWN 18. Lachlan GOWLAND COACH: David FAIRLEIGH[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NSW CUP : WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES V BANKSTOWN CITY : THE CREST, BASS HILL
SAT 14 MARCH 2009, 3PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Tim CLAYTON 2. Etu UAISELE 3. Mark LULAND 4. Jonathan WRIGHT 5. Greg NICHOLS 6. Jacob BYRNE 7. Jeff ROBSON 8. Adam SHAW 9. Kevin KINGSTON 10. Jeremy LATIMORE 11. James GREHAN 12. Marty LEWIS 13. David BAUMANN INTERCHANGE: 14. Kim UASI 15. Valu NASSIO 16. Sione KAAFI 17. Danny HOWARD COACH: Rip TAYLOR[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BUNDABERG RED CUP : WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES V SYDNEY BULLS : THE CREST, BASS HILL
SAT 14 MARCH 2009, 445PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. James MORTIMER 2. Ken SIO 3. Brent RAE-MILLAR 4. Ben TAIA 5. Astro WAETFORD 6. James BOUSTANI 7. Nadim COURI 8. Joe MATAELE 9. Ben BAILEY 10. Brad CAPOVILLA 11. Michael WOODLAND 12. Brett SARGENT [C] 13. Mitchell STANFIELD INTERCHANGE: 14. Mark HENDY 15. Brad CLARK 16. Taunaola KEI 17. Steve BRISTOW 18. Luke MOTTINELLI COACH: Brett COOK[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SG BALL CUP : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS V NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS : CABRAMATTA SPORTSGROUND
SAT 14 MARCH 2009, 130PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Jaydin TAVITA 2. Chris ULUGIA 3. Rory BRIEN 4. Josh TUITUPOU 5. Jorge TAUFUA 6. Jason WEHBE 7. Josh MURRAY 8. Rodney MOEFAAUO 9. Kingi LASALO 10. Peni TEREPO 11. Olomanu USINI 12. Patrick O'HANLON 13. Kyle FRASER [C] INTERCHANGE: 14. Edan PRICE 15. Jarrod AZAR 16. Krys FREEMAN 17. Jacob LOKO 18. Thomas VANDERMADE 19. Avagalu SEUMANUFAGAI 20. Tim CRELLIN 21. PJ ASIATA 22. Daniel TUPOU 23. Phil NATI COACH: Mick LEWIS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HAROLD MATTHEWS CUP : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS V NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS : CABRAMATTA SPORTSGROUND
SAT 14 MARCH 2009, 12PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Jacob GAGAN 2. Kelepi TANGINOA 3. Vai TOUTAI 4. Kalausa LEHA 5. Derek GOLDING 6. Soane MANUMU'A 7. Sean MCGUINNESS [C] 8. Junior PAULO 9. Troy ERRINGTON 10. Josh NEALE 11. Jordan MALAKI 12. Joseph UALESI 13. Frazer MASINAMUA INTERCHANGE: 14. Robbie KAMOTO 15. Todd GRAHAM 16. John ASIATA 17. Kieran GALLAGHER 18. Alan KAMOTO 19. Chad MCGILL 20. Sione HEHEPOTO 21. Adam MCMILLAN 22. Brendon NEWTON COACH: Chris BRADBURY[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eels v Warriors – Referees[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Referees: Ashley Klein & Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Gavin Reynolds
Video Referee: Phil Cooley[/FONT]
http://parraeels.com.au/news/news1995.shtml

Stagger eel

Staff member
DEAR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS – MISSING NEWSLETTER
9.10pm, Tuesday 10 March 2009

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Pirtek Parramatta Eels wish to apologise to all their valued Season Ticket Holders and Blue & Gold Army subscribers for the failed delivery of Tuesday afternoon’s Parra E-News newsletter.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Due to technical difficulties with the Customer Relationship Manager system currently in use, issues that are outside of the Club’s control, the newsletter failed to reach the send stage of the process.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Parramatta Club regrets this situation and its highly unfortunate timing. We will be undertaking measures to avoid a repeat in the future. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The newsletter will be sent as soon as possible on Wednesday. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We thank you in advance for your patience.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://parraeels.com.au/news/news1994.shtml
[/FONT]

bartman

Immortal
At least they're owning up and communicating publicly when their communication goes astray... a big improvement on last year imo.

So who's missing from the team lists?

Brod Wright?
Brendan Oake?
Junior Paulo (reported injured)

fish eel

Immortal
This whole CRM thing baffles me. I think it was MITS who mentioned they were having troubles with it last year. At the end of the day it should be just a simple mail merge to a database. cant be that hard. anyway.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
just some observations.

* congratulations Guru on game number 100

* congratulations Timmy Mannah player #705, wear it loud wear it proud.

* there's big wraps for number 14 for the Maggies Kim Uasi, played for the Vulcans last year and was in the Tongan WC squad.

* I'm surprised Lachlan Gowland couldn't crack it for a place in the 17 for the NYC.

* Sione Kaafi is Fui's cousin and they also drafted him from the Vulcans

* poor old Hoover hasn't been able to crack it in the 17 for the Bundy side

* footy is back! you f**kin ripper!

Hellsy

Immortal
The CRM thing baffles me to Fish, I'm just happy they admit when something is wrong :D

strider

Post Whore
At least they're owning up and communicating publicly when their communication goes astray... a big improvement on last year imo.

Brod Wright?
Brendan Oake?

callan richardson (is that his name? - the ranga from newy)

strider

Post Whore
This whole CRM thing baffles me. I think it was MITS who mentioned they were having troubles with it last year. At the end of the day it should be just a simple mail merge to a database. cant be that hard. anyway.....
they're talking about an email - not mail merging post .... I think emailing to lists can have issues as it needs to be done so as it doesn't result in mail clients thinking its spam - hence its done via some software that sends the emails ... and its probably not running on a mac, so you can understand there may be technical difficulties :lol: :lol:

Nikki

Coach

Brod Wright?
Brendan Oake?

Wheres Brod? Wheres Brod? Wheres Brod? Wheres Brod? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member

yeah..i'm a bit of a pest to ross smart at the best of times, but he made a point of contacting me and wanted to pass his apologies for the issues which caused the delay in releasing the news letter..suffice to say he was very annoyed and I think the poor bugger was still in the office.

sh*t happens lets move on.

fish eel

Immortal
they're talking about an email - not mail merging post .... I think emailing to lists can have issues as it needs to be done so as it doesn't result in mail clients thinking its spam - hence its done via some software that sends the emails ... and its probably not running on a mac, so you can understand there may be technical difficulties :lol: :lol:

Fitzy always has struck me as a PC guy.

Needs a good defraging IMO.

The CRM thing baffles me to Fish, I'm just happy they admit when something is wrong :D

Put it simply, I don't know why they can't get CRM right. I have worked in IT and for companies with Mass mail outs and never had the problems we have seen with CRM. I guess because the CRM is part Web based Mail-out solution, Part Season Ticket allocator, part global database of league fans, that the developers haven't gotten right, but I would have though the NRL could have gotten a piece of software from another league that could do the job, without all the "in house" developing I hear the CRM needs.

I know Ross was not completely impressed with CRM when he took it over this year, this might be the straw that breaks the camels back though.

Also for Strider's and Fish's benefit, I believe CRM is a web based application, run on a web-server. There are many OS's that can run on X86 technologies that could be the back end platform. Or indeed it could be Windows Server 2003. If that is the case then fault detection might be surprisingly easy.

Kornstar

Coach
Joe Mataele all the way in the Bunduberg Red side? I thought he was quite strong last year in the NYC.

Anyone know what happened?

Albert kelly is cousins with kristian kelly who is sam thaiday look alike and he is going to eels next year hes been already signed i played with him last yr and now playing against him this yr he is a gun!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Joe Mataele all the way in the Bunduberg Red side? I thought he was quite strong last year in the NYC.

Anyone know what happened?

yeah, the coaching staff believe that it was in his best interest to have him develop his skills against men.