What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official team v Canberra

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just to clarify- by "both teams", I mean the two opposing clubs in any given finals game.

So e.g. Russell Packer might be availabe one week, because the Warriors are playing another club whose first grade side has missed the finals. Then the next week, he might be ineligible because the opposition are playing in the first grade finals, and hence Packer needs to meet some minimum "games played in TC" requirement (not sure what it is).

It's actually a very fair (perfectly fair imo) system.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I think our reserve graders were beaten Grand Finalists in '96. I could be wrong. I remember watching the game, I think we were playing Cronulla in the rain. Nigel Vagana was playing for that Warriors team.
No you're right, the Sharks beat us in the '96 Reserve Grade decider.

I think we went pretty well in one of the Super League junior comps in 1997 too, not sure if we went all the way though.

Just to clarify- by "both teams", I mean the two opposing clubs in any given finals game.

So e.g. Russell Packer might be availabe one week, because the Warriors are playing another club whose first grade side has missed the finals. Then the next week, he might be ineligible because the opposition are playing in the first grade finals, and hence Packer needs to meet some minimum "games played in TC" requirement (not sure what it is).

It's actually a very fair (perfectly fair imo) system.
That's right, I remember hearing this last year. But I thought it was far too confusing so didn't bother to try and understand it. :crazy:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I think it is time we spared a thought for poor old Costo

He would have spent days coming up with, and rehearsing a line, for when Likiliki and Tongue come together this weekend

The poor bloke must have felt like a kid who had Christmas taken away from him when this team was named

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
I think it is time we spared a thought for poor old Costo

He would have spent days coming up with, and rehearsing a line, for when Likiliki and Tongue come together this weekend

The poor bloke must have felt like a kid who had Christmas taken away from him when this team was named

Dont forget Kevin Locke and Joe Picker :p

Latest posts