What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Team v Raiders :: Round 13

azsportza

Live Update Team
ROUND 13 WESTS TIGERS TEAM LISTS

1. Tim Moltzen 2.Matt Utai 3. Beau Ryan 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Lote Tuqiri 6. Blake Ayshford 7. Benji Marshall 8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11.Adam Blair 12. Liam Fulton 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Curtis Sironen 15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 16. Matt Bell 17. Tom Humble

Source: http://www.weststigers.com.au/team-announcement/matchup/21/Round 13

Key Points:
  • Liam Fulton RETURNS from INJURY
  • Curtis Sironen RETAINS his BENCH spot
  • Blake Asyhford has been PICKED again at FIVE-EIGHTH

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope we don't get the same pansies coming on here crying this week same as they did last week. It is a good team again.

Eventually Sheens will need to choose between Humble and Sirro on the bench. When Ellis comes back Heighno should go to the bench and Fulton to lock but I can't see it happening. I would also put Sirro or Humble to 6 rather than Ayshford. Ayshford I think can go to the bench because I think that Ryan, Utai and Lote all probably offer more than Ayshford does at this point.

Still Sheens seems to picking the right team lately. The days of Johnny Cronk being there are long gone.

Go Tiges.

Last edited:

jmmyo81

Juniors
I believe if Tim Sheens continues to select a bench like this then all it is going to do is burn out Aaron Woods and Keith Galloway and then by the time the finals come around (if we make it) these guys will be that wrecked they will be begging for mad monday. I guess hopefully this changes once Gareth Ellis comes back from injury. I could be wrong, i'm no expert but that's just the way i see it.

I believe if Tim Sheens continues to select a bench like this then all it is going to do is burn out Aaron Woods and Keith Galloway and then by the time the finals come around (if we make it) these guys will be that wrecked they will be begging for mad monday. I guess hopefully this changes once Gareth Ellis comes back from injury. I could be wrong, i'm no expert but that's just the way i see it.

Bell and BMM should both get 20-30 minutes each, even with a 3 80 minute back rowers. meaning Keithy and Woodsy should get a bit more of a breather than usual. However, Sheens will only use 15 men for the first 65 minutes, then throw Humble and Murdoch-Masela on late in the game.

A backrow of Fulton and Heighington offers no metres in attack. I can see the value in having one, but not two. Like most, I'd prefer Fulton because he's a superior defender and can hit a hole.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most ineffective attacking back row we've had in years. One prop on the bench against Canberra's big boppers.

We'll either jag a win or they'll crush us like they did earlier this year

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see Raiders have named Dugan at 6. That automatically helps our kicking game, knowing he won't be running it back.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Reece Robinson is pretty handy at the back - no Dugan but not chopped liver either.

Depends on which Raiders pack shows up - the lazy, dispirited mob from last week or a hungry bunch looking to right the ship. But I like our backrow against the big Raiders pack - they're not the most mobile laterally so there's a good chance some hard angled running from Blair or Fulton (don't laugh) cut them up a bit.

A few changes to their backline (Fergo at centre, Dugan at 6) might make it a bit easier for our ball-players.

If we play to our ability there's no doubt we'll win.

Last time we met they embarrassed us with there game plan utilising there pace out wide hopefully there wont be a repeat of that performance.

gronkathon

First Grade
h goody. We get to watch Heighno flounder for 80 minutes again.

I guess it is Matt Bells turn to play 10 minutes this week

super_coach

First Grade
Last week coming back from a lay off Rhino offered precious little in vision and impact on the left edge. Worked his backside off, but dosnt have the ability to dent the line or set up his outside men. Its a pity because it seems to be our go to side in attack, and it all comes to a end when Rhino gets the ball.

I Might be being bit hard on him and he comes out and has a cracker this week who knows

Tiger05

First Grade
Rhino wasn't bad last week. Yes he could be better but he isn't bad.

I get what MadUnit is stating with our backrow not having any impact. They are all solid type players that lack the ability to turn a game. If they all play to their best though they can go alright.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Rhino wasn't bad last week. Yes he could be better but he isn't bad.

I get what MadUnit is stating with our backrow not having any impact. They are all solid type players that lack the ability to turn a game. If they all play to their best though they can go alright.

When was the last time he made a line break or even carried defenders with one of his runs? He gets to the line and gets put down straight away every time these days.

Tiger05

First Grade
I admit Rhino at this point is not a top backrower. I don't think he is that bad though. He is still working hard and he made over 100 metres in attack last week. Blair and Bell made less metres than Heighno.

aids

Bench
Hino tries hard, and looks dangerous supporting breaks and looking for offloads.
not great as a one off hit up sort of guy

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's getting to an age where he should have perfected & is executing his best footy. It seems he's been taught that a fast play the ball is worth sacrificing metres for.

He's got the hands of a prop and the frame of a lock. Its time he either runs harder or learns to run angles & good decoys to help the attack.

Tiger05

First Grade
He's getting to an age where he should have perfected & is executing his best footy.

Or he is a bit past it. I think we need to be looking to wrap up his career. Sheens typically does this but sometimes he does it too slowly.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Benji's move to half allowed Sironen to debut.

Any comments on Ryan to centre? Is it to fit Utai in or is it the first glimpse of Sheens' eventual plan to bring up one or both of the NYC wingers?

Latest posts