What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Teams vs Knights

scottyeel

Bench
Smiths interview on parraeels said he may be right later in the week but failed a fitness test today.

Stagger eel

Staff member
OK!! thanks guys.

there was also some talk that Cannings may be back on Saturday! can anyone else confirm.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Looking at the Knights team, there should be some interesting match-ups. They've also got two wingers playing centre, and I don't know if Gidley's every been tested at fullback before.

And will be interesting to see Witt vs Witt.

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah, both sides are missing a lot of players and need stop gap soultions.

Looking at that side Burt looks the have been named a centre to be able to shadow Tahu in a hope to stop him from getting away.

I agree that we can be expecting to see a lot of bombs coming Gildeys way

I think we need a big turn around to win this week, we have done this in the past against Newcastle. Last year for example.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm hoping that Mateo gets a run somewhere this week. I know who I'd like to see make for for MAteo to get a run but knowing that is little no zero chance of happening then don't know who else I wouldn't be upset with getting dropped.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
parra-matters said:
I think we need a big turn around to win this week, we have done this in the past against Newcastle. Last year for example.

last week should have been our turnaround :x :x

WA Eel

Juniors
Whicn of you made the prediction a few months ago about the Witt's playing each other wearing the No. 6 in this game?

The Colonel

Immortal
My main gripe with the changes is the lack of continuity and cohesion. I agree that Morris should return. I didn't think Thorman played that badly and from all reports Dykes played ok in Premmies but not fantastic. A few changes was predictable but as many that were made - who knows? Wholesale changes two weeks in a row is not going to dig us out of any hole.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
WA Eel said:
Whicn of you made the prediction a few months ago about the Witt's playing each other wearing the No. 6 in this game?

Can't remember if I predicted it in here, but I did manage to find an old thread I started the last time we played the Knights, when the Witt's were supposed to both be wearing the #6 jumper in PL:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=17142&highlight=

Can anyone remember if they actually ended up playing against each other in PL and if so, who had the upper hand?

Pazza

First Grade
i like the side apart from #3 to #5. But unfortunately due to injury or other matters the top players we have arent able to play.

The halves i think are good. Atleast with Dykes at halfback the side was scoring tries and Witt has shown last season why he should be in the top grade. For me Thorman was solid in attack but shocking in defence. It is no surprise to me that he made way for Adam Dykes. Another interesting note is that Tim Smith is starting at 5/8 in PL this week.

The forward pack is good. Plenty of speed so that should improve the speed of the defencive line which will hopefully improve our defence. Hopefully Jack can perform well and develop into a good backrower.

The bench looks good but i would like to see Mateo get a shot infront of Widders. Widders is there purely for attack and he hasnt been doing anything special lately.

Unreal V

Juniors
At least the knights have the same problem with their back line and I think our bench will be more effective. It will be interesting what style of attack they choose to adopt given their backline and what style we choose. I have a feeling there will be alot of kicks in this one.

Would have prefered to have seen Witt at halfback and Dykes at 5/8, this would have given Witt one more option while trying to come to terms with his new role, he would have had the comfort of a secon receiver.

I would have also liked to have seen Wade in the centres to bolster our defence and had Burt at fullback

Happy Gilmore

Juniors
Dykes at 5/8, and Witt at half is a better option. Because is a play-making runner, most of the time Dykes will dummy and look for runners. Witt on the other hand has a good kicking game and takes on the defence. He's got the skills as a halfback, so clearly Witt is a halfback. Dykes isnt.

Dykes was 5/8 of the year in 2001, why move him to halfback?

WA Eel

Juniors
Dykes was 5/8 of the year, but really he was playing more like a 1/2 with Preston Campbell running off him rather than the other way around.

Parraren

Bench
I don't care who plays where in the halves just as long as they are bloody well ORGANISED! :evil:

How many bloody times have we struggled to get a good kick away on the 6th tackle and/or been tackled with the ball on the last. Our final play options have been atrocious this year. Someone, whether it be Witt, Dykes or Joe Blow needs to take control and organise the play so that we aren't continually giving up field position with poor plays on the last tackle! Repeat sets are another area where we struggle. We (Dykes) use the bomb far, far too often and even when we do (rarely) try little grubbers into the in goal they are always far too short or too damn long. Do they practice this at training? #-o I really hope they've been working on these things. Changing the halves every week certainly doesn't help either.

Latest posts