What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Fullback - Isaac Gordon - Cronulla Sharks
Wing - Michael Lett - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Centre - Dean Collis - Cronulla Sharks
Centre - Ricky Leutele - Cronulla Sharks
Wing - Michael Oldfield - Manly Sea Eagles
Five-eighth - Tom Humble - Parramatta Eels/ Wentworthville Magpies
Halfback - Daniel Mortimer - Parramatta Eels/ Wentworthville Magpies
Front Row - Martin Taupau - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Hooker - Rory Kostjasyn (C) - Melbourne Storm/Cronulla Sharks
Front Row - Chris Armit - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Second Row - Gary Warburton - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Second Row - Con Mika - Newcastle Knights/Central Coast Centurions
Lock - Marvin Karawana - Newcastle Knights/Central Coast Centurions
Interchange - Josh Reynolds - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Interchange - James Cunningham - Manly Sea Eagles
Interchange - Junior Moors - Wests Tigers/Balmain Tigers
Interchange - Grant Millington - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
18th Man - Deon Apps - North Sydney BearsCoach: Brett Kimmorley (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Assistant Coach: Rip Taylor (Central Coast Centurions)
Managers: Brett McKenna (Wentworthville Magpies) & Brent Pigram (North Sydney Bears)

Gronk

Staff member
Just thinking out loud here - but the Telecrap said that Reni was also selected. You think that they side stepped him at the last minute because of his imminent and I dare say permanent return to FG ?

Gronk

Staff member
XXXX QUEENSLAND RESIDENTS
1. Luke Capewell - Ipswich Jets
2. Liam Georgetown - Redcliffe Dolphins
3. James Wood - Tweed Heads Seagulls
4. Brett Anderson - Northern Pride
5. Shea Moylan - Wynnum Manly Seagulls
6. Grant Rovelli - Mackay Cutters
7. Brad Davis (c) - Tweed Heads Seagulls
8. Luke Harlen - Northern Pride
9. Travis Waddell - Souths Logan Magpies
10. Chris Farrell - Redcliffe Dolphins
11. Nick Slyney - Redcliffe Dolphins
12. Lorenzo Maafu - Ipswich Jets
13. Joel Riethmuller - Northern Pride
14. Mark Vaiao - Norths Devils
15. Mathew Pitman - Souths Logan Magpies
16. Ryan Simpkins - Tweed Heads Seagulls
17. Kayne Lawton - Tweed Heads Seagulls

Coach: Kevin Carmichael

Queensland Residents play NSW Residents on July 6 @ Suncorp Stadium.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Just thinking out loud here - but the Telecrap said that Reni was also selected. You think that they side stepped him at the last minute because of his imminent and I dare say permanent return to FG ?

I guess it could be that unless he was a late withdrawal because he had a quiet game yesterday.
Then again - he may have had a quiet game in case he didn't make the NSW residents team and had to save himself for first grade.:-k

pantherz9103

First Grade
Hi, I've been watching and doing some commentating on the Wenty home games this year for radio 2CCR FM.

A few quick observations/questions, not much analysis, I'll let Parra fans do that.

1.Chris Walker looked good at fullback yesterday for Wenty, very safe. Didn't know he could really play there.

2. Tom Humble deserves to return to the Eels First Grade side because of his utility value.

3. Reni Matuia needs to get more involved, he's a long way off form.

4. Do you think Pele Peletelese can crack first grade?

Going well at the moment. Let's hope Wenty can keep it up and get a home final.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Hi, I've been watching and doing some commentating on the Wenty home games this year for radio 2CCR FM.

A few quick observations/questions, not much analysis, I'll let Parra fans do that.

1.Chris Walker looked good at fullback yesterday for Wenty, very safe. Didn't know he could really play there.

2. Tom Humble deserves to return to the Eels First Grade side because of his utility value.

He played one game last year.

Tony Bongo

Bench

Thanks. It's good being able to at least listen to the game up here on the Gold Coast.
I have been talking to the club about the possibility of a live stream using their filming they have for training purposes and being able to listen to 2CCR FM's call (when it's not going to be shown during the week on fox). It could be delayed if we download the 2CCR FM call in I tunes etc or work with 2CCR to create a podcast.
My idea was to either use the I phone app as a source for the footage or the members only section of the official site, using their membership number as a log in. The second option may work to give extra incentive for regional fans like me to become members.
It would be a basic version of Parra TV and could work for Toyota Cup games that are not televised also.
This is only in the initial stages and we are looking into getting the OK from the coaching staff and clearance with regards to media rights etc but I think it has some merit. What do others think?

SDM

First Grade
Thanks. It's good being able to at least listen to the game up here on the Gold Coast.
I have been talking to the club about the possibility of a live stream using their filming they have for training purposes and being able to listen to 2CCR FM's call (when it's not going to be shown during the week on fox). It could be delayed if we download the 2CCR FM call in I tunes etc or work with 2CCR to create a podcast.
My idea was to either use the I phone app as a source for the footage or the members only section of the official site, using their membership number as a log in. The second option may work to give extra incentive for regional fans like me to become members.
It would be a basic version of Parra TV and could work for Toyota Cup games that are not televised also.
This is only in the initial stages and we are looking into getting the OK from the coaching staff and clearance with regards to media rights etc but I think it has some merit. What do others think?

Great idea. I would use it for sure if it were to happen.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah me too.

I sit here during Wenty and NYC matches desperately clicking refresh and hoping somebody posts an update, like some dirty little pervert.

Gronk

Staff member
Maitua was in line to be picked up for the NSW Residents' team, but was understood to be overlooked by selectors after Eels officials hinted the former Canterbury and Cronulla back-rower would be tied up with the Parramatta squad.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...hris-heighington/story-e6frfgbo-1226083101677

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.