What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
OK, with Tommy & Morts goneskis, who will be our halves for 2012 ?

Marmin Barba or will he stay at FB ? Brendan Waters will keep the #7 gig I assume ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mullaney and Barba will both be in the team so one will have to play in the halves.

Then there's whoever out of:

Hayne (lol)
Burt
Roberts
Sandow (lol)
Maitua (lol)
McGuire

who isn't playing first grade.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So kids that are too good for NYC will definitely be playing NSW Cup?

mate, there probably should be a new thread for this but i'm told that a lot of juniors will be playing a year above them to fast track their development through the ranks similar to what the broncos did to their juniors a few years ago under Bennett and Nolan

Tizzun

Juniors
mate, there probably should be a new thread for this but i'm told that a lot of juniors will be playing a year above them to fast track their development through the ranks similar to what the broncos did to their juniors a few years ago under Bennett and Nolan

We did that a bit in 2005 with Hayne, Reddy, Delaney and Inu all playing a bit of premier league that year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I read somewhere that the Broncos only play under 19s in the Toyota Cup, with their 20+ year olds playing Qld Cup.

I could probably check if it's true but can't be arsed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I read somewhere that the Broncos only play under 19s in the Toyota Cup, with their 20+ year olds playing Qld Cup.

I could probably check if it's true but can't be arsed.

yep, and it seems to have worked wonders for them when you look at their current first grade squad..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its not just that simple though, still need to make alot of good decisions, player scouting and retention would be top of my list

thats where we seem to have f**ked up

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
its not just that simple though, still need to make alot of good decisions, player scouting and retention would be top of my list

thats where we seem to have f**ked up

It looks like we're on our way to fixing that side of things.

Player development is another issue and that's what we're talking about with playing youngsters up a grade and so on. This is also why the physical characteristics (size, body shape, etc) are so important for juniors - because small, skillful kids can't play against adults the way bigger, faster kids can.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
That sounds promising, you can call the Broncs many things, though unprofesional is not one of them.

oldmancraigy

Coach
yep, and it seems to have worked wonders for them when you look at their current first grade squad..

All our u20s blokes were 19 and under in 2010 weren't they?

That was one of the high points of our u20s history, let's hope for many more years just like it!

Tony Bongo

Bench
Mullaney and Barba will both be in the team so one will have to play in the halves.

Then there's whoever out of:

Hayne (lol)
Burt
Roberts
Sandow (lol)
Maitua (lol)
McGuire

who isn't playing first grade.

With Burt on the wing or at fullback and McGuire playing 14 it looks like you're saying Roberts then? I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts