What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Humble was good but I agree Morts was MOM. Pele had a great game too as did Savage again. Seph Paulo has a lot of quality about him too.

Jake didn't see much ball other that run early in the 2nd half.

tbh, I've seen most games he's played this year and I can't remember him touching the ball more times than he did the other day..

I hear whispers that savage will be on a parra contract for next year.

84 Baby

Referee
Probably should get it in Vietnamese also.
You racist! Just because the Vietnamese GDP is less than China's doesn't mean a lot of Vietnamese don't understand Chinese.

Most Asian languages are variations of each other, so I assume Cantonese could be reasonably interpreted by most Cabramattians. And by most I mean all.

SDM

First Grade
You racist! Just because the Vietnamese GDP is less than China's doesn't mean a lot of Vietnamese don't understand Chinese.

Most Asian languages are variations of each other, so I assume Cantonese could be reasonably interpreted by most Cabramattians. And by most I mean all.

By your genius logic, English will do the trick.

And poupou is correct, all look the same all talk the same.

Next year all emails to members will be in Tongan, Dharruk and Jamaican.

Suitman

Post Whore

That'll come in handy. I hear Viv Richards is a fan.

Suity

lingard

Coach
if Humble was outstanding Morts was sensational..

For a guy who played eighteen months of first grade football, Mortimer should be better than he is when playing for Wenty. I reckon the half-back, Waters, is better than Mortimer. As for Humble, he`s played less than half a season this year (due to suspension and injury). He was very good yesterday. Chimed into the backline well, scored a try and kicked 5 goals from six attempts. His short kicking game was very good, too. Put up some nice bombs and some nice grubbers into the in-goal. The commentators said that he`d been "in sparkling form" recently, and they wondered why he wasn`t being considered for fullback in first grade if Hayne continues to play five-eight.
That`s a bit different to the reports you`ve been giving us, Stagger.

Eelementary

Post Whore
For a guy who played eighteen months of first grade football, Mortimer should be better than he is when playing for Wenty. I reckon the half-back, Waters, is better than Mortimer. As for Humble, he`s played less than half a season this year (due to suspension and injury). He was very good yesterday. Chimed into the backline well, scored a try and kicked 5 goals from six attempts. His short kicking game was very good, too. Put up some nice bombs and some nice grubbers into the in-goal. The commentators said that he`d been "in sparkling form" recently, and they wondered why he wasn`t being considered for fullback in first grade if Hayne continues to play five-eight.
That`s a bit different to the reports you`ve been giving us, Stagger.

And so he should - Humble's played First Grade, too. He should be able to play better.

And what more can Mortimer do for Wenty? He's either been Man Of The Match or up there for the last six weeks or so. He's improved his form dramatically.

Gronk

Staff member
I see there is a pro Mortimer camp and a pro Humble camp these days.

My crystal ball tells me that Tommy has procrastinated over the contract we offered him so we went and signed Jake M.

That leaves Morts, Hayne, Roberts and Humble vying for the 6 and Burt, Hayne, Humble and Jake vying for the 1.

That is if Tom will even be with us next year ...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our forwards were outstanding, Pele,Paulo and Manase had a field day. Morts and Humble both played well but had a mile of time. The Tigers line speed was terrible. I did like the look of Savage and the other centre though.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

My crystal ball tells me that Tommy has procrastinated over the contract we offered him so we went and signed Jake M.

That leaves Morts, Hayne, Roberts and Humble vying for the 6 and Burt, Hayne, Humble and Jake vying for the 1.

I think it's clear Humble has no future with us.

That is unless the salary cap speculation is true. Has anyone asked if it's true?

84 Baby

Referee

So now all Asians have to speak English? Does your racism know no bounds?

Tony Bongo

Bench
And so he should - Humble's played First Grade, too. He should be able to play better.

And what more can Mortimer do for Wenty? He's either been Man Of The Match or up there for the last six weeks or so. He's improved his form dramatically.

He last played first grade a year ago and has had 1/20th of the opportunities afforded to Mortz. I am for the record in both camps as Mortz has really impressed me and has shown the heart of a lion in every game I have seen him play in for Wenty this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So now all Asians have to speak English? Does your racism know no bounds?

They don't only have to speak English but they have to score highly in it in the HSC. Otherwise how will they get into Law or Medicine at Sydney Uni?

8219045.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
He last played first grade a year ago and has had 1/20th of the opportunities afforded to Mortz. I am for the record in both camps as Mortz has really impressed me and has shown the heart of a lion in every game I have seen him play in for Wenty this year.

All I'm saying is it's impossible for Mortimer to win in some people's eyes. He's improved his game tremendously - but then out comes the excuse of "so he should - he's 18 months' worth of First Grade under his belt".

Yet Tom Humble plays a few good games in a row and it's cool - the fact he's played a handful of First Grade games doesn't even factor into the equation.

Fair is fair, I say - both Mortimer and Humble have been playing very well. They have both dished up far better performances than they have in the last 12 months.

Tony Bongo

Bench

I wouldn't imagine that it would be hard to procrastinate over being offered a minimum wage for next year after being given ZERO opportunities in 2011, even though McGuire has been ordinary at halfback. Our wingers haven't set the world on fire either ( since Etu got injured) and Burt could easily have gone back to the wing with Humble at fullback but no - I wonder why ?

As Maroon 5 sing :

:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle
You've got the moves like Stagger
The moves like Stagger
You've got the moooooooooves like Stagger :D

Morts at halfback also would surely have done better than McGuire (particularly in defense).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts