What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky we won last night.

Dunno if i could handle another week of rumors about our players crying over Burt not getting picked for first grade.

parra pete

Referee
Luke Burt sounds like he had a good match....cream rises to the top...or is the standard of NSW Cup pretty ordinary, atm...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Luke Burt sounds like he had a good match....cream rises to the top...or is the standard of NSW Cup pretty ordinary, atm...

he had a very ordinary first half dropped a few balls and put us under a bit of preasure...played ok in the 2nd.

Forty20

First Grade
he had a very ordinary first half dropped a few balls and put us under a bit of preasure...played ok in the 2nd.

Who were the standouts in both grades (NYC/NSW Cup) today, Stagger?

Good to get wins across all the grades this week.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Who were the standouts in both grades (NYC/NSW Cup) today, Stagger?

Good to get wins across all the grades this week.

NYC..Pauli Pauli, Jason Seage, Rodney Maeffauo and Kaysa Pritchard..

Pritchard was unbelievable, i think he's better Vesico, I think we;re well covered in the area for a few years if we keep both.

Fraser also played well despite having a really bad virus.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty: Shack was solid as was Matt Ryan, Taulima also played well against his old club, Dylan Gilbert was great in attack, Burt also did well in the second half to score a couple of tries and inject himself in everything.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
This is the Fijian 7's lad ? Is he fast ? Good hands ? Can he tackle ?
Yes, yes, yes, yes. Very strong too. One thing i have noticed about him is that he is abit lazy, at times he dosen't show much urgency. The coaching staff were impressed with how he went today, Kearney etc, but we will see how he keeps going against the better sides. Manly were poor.

Stagger eel

Staff member
This is the Fijian 7's lad ? Is he fast ? Good hands ? Can he tackle ?

he's quick yes, saw him in full stride for the first time today, not bad with his hands yes, very very difficult to handle, his positional play has a lot to be desired at times and really hasn't been tested in the D in a one on one situation but I probably wouldn't put my house on him ...

I think he's going to be really interesting in 12 to 18 months when he gets a handle on the game properly.

Forty20

First Grade
so so...Burty put him in the corner but gee he did look like a kid amongst men

Thanks Stagger, not too shocking to hear that.

I was surprised he was the first of the NYC squad to get promoted. I would have taken a punt of one of our backrowers (Tanginoa, Masinamua, Ualesi), Seage or Toutai to get the call up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts