What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he starts off the bench where he does he play though? Considering SK has shown he intends to play MK for the 80 minutes, does that just mean McGuire will revert to being the in effective back rower has has been this season while Seage is on the field? Or will Seage get the same treatment blokes like O'Hanlon got on début and play 5 or so minutes at the end of the game?

#SoManyQuestions

In Ben Barba's debut season he would come off the bench to partner Kimmorley in the halves. Roberts would join the edge forward rotation. They were able to do this because Ennis was an 80 minute hooker, so the Bulldogs didn't need to carry one on the bench. Cronk's debut season was the same, with him coming into the halves to replace Scott Hill (who would shift to the back row).

This is one of the advantages of having an 80 minute hooker.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well hopefully if Seage does well, McGuire goes. I like Casey but he has hung on a year too long...so Seage comes on at "hooker" but really plays the role of a running player on the edges...in theory, anyway

I remember Stagger or one of the guys who know people in the club saying, earlier this year, that Seage had trained at dummy half a bit while training with the fulltime squad in the pre-season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So I guess Lasalo had a lot of class to warrant being in first grade so long?

How about nobody better available?

Lasalo spent so long in first grade due to Maitua's suspension, Horo and Smith playing centre, and now Ben Smith's injury.

Sometimes backups get an extended run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts