What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow_rider

Juniors
Ok let's all be honest here. Wenty played basically a team full of top squad players today. They get 40 plus points put on them. They have a half that's on $550000 who went pretty good in attack but very average in defence and refused to get down on any grubbers. anyone who tries to get anything positive out of today is kidding themselves. With that team they should have won by 50. We have 2 NSW cup Teams and based on today one of them isn't that good.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If anything, maybe the rest of the team know they have been put on notice.

On a side note, did you hear anything about the cap breach today?????

nah mate..i didn't talk to anyone and to be honest the cap breach is the least of issues..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well it is a lower tier comp. What do you expect. I doubt any other teams have many NRL standard players in their teams.

i understand i look stupid but i was responding to someone who suggested we should of won because we had first graders...

for the record, they had Fishiahi, Bristow, Hurrall, Latu and Louisi...

Bazal

Post Whore
Ok let's all be honest here. Wenty played basically a team full of top squad players today. They get 40 plus points put on them. They have a half that's on $550000 who went pretty good in attack but very average in defence and refused to get down on any grubbers. anyone who tries to get anything positive out of today is kidding themselves. With that team they should have won by 50. We have 2 NSW cup Teams and based on today one of them isn't that good.

Lol...the Vulcans side today would beat half the first grade sides in the comp. Fishiahi, Tevita Latu, Alehana Mara, Konrad Hurrell, Rusty Bristow, Ukuma Ta'ai, Sione Lousi have all played first grade and done so well...not to mention Pita Godinet who is a fking gun, as are Dylan Collier and Daniel Palavi...you tool!

Anyway, anyone reckon Sandow or Seage will turn out tomorrow? Because McGuire in the halves concerns me greatly

Bazal

Post Whore
I hope Seage does get a run if Sandow doesn't...his vision and pace in Rugby 7's was second to none, will be very interested to see how he goes because I think the kid has the potential to be a star

Parra Pride

Referee
I hope Seage does get a run if Sandow doesn't...his vision and pace in Rugby 7's was second to none, will be very interested to see how he goes because I think the kid has the potential to be a star

There is a double edged sword though, if the kid does play well how do you even attempt to bring Sandow back into first grade? Surely you can't play him off the bench.

#WeCouldBeLeftWithA550KParkFootballer

Bazal

Post Whore
Well Seage isn't a halfback, IMO. He's a ball running five eighth... He'll play off the bench if he gets a shot. So ideally if he goes well, then he gets the 14 and Sandow is the 7

Parra Pride

Referee
If he starts off the bench where he does he play though? Considering SK has shown he intends to play MK for the 80 minutes, does that just mean McGuire will revert to being the in effective back rower has has been this season while Seage is on the field? Or will Seage get the same treatment blokes like O'Hanlon got on début and play 5 or so minutes at the end of the game?

#SoManyQuestions

Bazal

Post Whore
Well hopefully if Seage does well, McGuire goes. I like Casey but he has hung on a year too long...so Seage comes on at "hooker" but really plays the role of a running player on the edges...in theory, anyway

Parra Pride

Referee
So in theory, if SK has any idea what he is doing, he will use Seage the same way the Panthers have been using Austin?

#CouldWork

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is a double edged sword though, if the kid does play well how do you even attempt to bring Sandow back into first grade? Surely you can't play him off the bench.

#WeCouldBeLeftWithA550KParkFootballer

Sandow comes back into the team regardless of how his replacement goes.

That's because he's proved his ability, and poor form doesn't negate that. Likewise good form by an unproven player doesn't mean he's a world beater (remember Daniel Mortimer?)

Generally coaches don't pick their teams on form. That's because form is fleeting, while class is permanent.

Parra Pride

Referee
Sandow comes back into the team regardless of how his replacement goes.

That's because he's proved his ability, and poor form doesn't negate that. Likewise good form by an unproven player doesn't mean he's a world beater (remember Daniel Mortimer?)

Generally coaches don't pick their teams on form. That's because form is fleeting, while class is permanent.

So I guess Lasalo had a lot of class to warrant being in first grade so long?

#RememberOurCoachIsANuffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts