What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just on a few players.

Ben Roberts: really played well today, it was a steady performance, he didn't push the passes, he timed his run very well and his kicks were very good, it would be in line for a re call.

Peni Terapo: his best performance ina long time, really hit it up with venom, made some great busts including a 70 metre effort and really looks as fit as his ever been.

Vai Toutai and Troy Savage: best game by both our centres this year, really caused the opposition some headaches, vai was very good defencively.

caylo

Bench
Without watching the match I would have Terepo on the bench and Mullenary or Toutai on the wing for Burt and Roberts back at 5-8. Matuia back for Ryan and Seage on as 14 maybe.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Without watching the match I would have Terepo on the bench and Mullenary or Toutai on the wing for Burt and Roberts back at 5-8. Matuia back for Ryan and Seage on as 14 maybe.

maybe Toutai definitely not Mullaney unless you plan to put Hayne at 6 than Mullaney can slot in at 1

caylo

Bench
Terapo is an out an out prop and we already have 4 of them where as tautai can and has been an edge player in the past..

he need to get some exposure to NRL before years end though, we are likely to loss one of Poore or Fui (if not both) and he will be the replacement. I would love to see him locked up for some cheap coin and then test him out and give him time to adapt.

With Allgood, Fui and Hindy able to play wider it wouldn't be a bad idea to play 5 props... they are one of the only things going right for us atm.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
maybe Toutai definitely not Mullaney unless you plan to put Hayne at 6 than Mullaney can slot in at 1

I wouldn't play Mullaney on the wing either. He's just too small (but then, so is Burt).

One advantage of playing Hayne in the halves is we could defend him at centre like last year.

One reason last year's defence was so much better than this year's (especially the second half of the year) is because we had Hayne and Ben Smith defending in the centres.

This year we've had Willie Tonga for a couple of games and a bunch of rookies. Blair and Morgan were mostly excellent in defence last night though.

he need to get some exposure to NRL before years end though, we are likely to loss one of Poore or Fui (if not both) and he will be the replacement. I would love to see him locked up for some cheap coin and then test him out and give him time to adapt.

I agree. Terepo has good footwork close to the line for a young prop. Should enhance his longevity. Still got a way to go, but hope he stays fit enough to get a crack in the top grade this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he need to get some exposure to NRL before years end though

We don't need to rush him (Terepo).

Allgood didn't play NRL until his second year out of NYC. Terepo played NYC last year, meaning he only turns 21 this year.

That said, if he's ready then I'm keen for them to throw him in. I love a rookie. ;-)

caylo

Bench
We don't need to rush him (Terepo).

Allgood didn't play NRL until his second year out of NYC. Terepo played NYC last year, meaning he only turns 21 this year.

That said, if he's ready then I'm keen for them to throw him in. I love a rookie. ;-)

Peni is a similar age to Allgood when he made his debu but IMO he has shown 10x what Allgood showed in NYC. Any prop will take 2-3 years to adapt to first grade on a regular basis as we have seen with Allgood and even Mannah at some points, I just want to see what he has at that level before going into a season expecting him to play 25 games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Peni is a similar age to Allgood when he made his debu but IMO he has shown 10x what Allgood showed in NYC.

True but lower grade footy is all about speed and power. That's why it's full of Polynesians. In the NRL players need a good motor and ability to win in the wrestle. That's why guys like Mannah and Allgood go well in the NRL despite not being so great in the Toyota Cup.

hindy111

Post Whore
Matt eseienhuth?? the times ive seen him play i rated him better than POH
Hows has he been going ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts