What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Mario, thank you for walking the talk getting to the Wenty games to give us your updates. Piss pot or not, I am very grateful you are out there at Henson Park reporting to a Bowral Eels fan whose about 90 minutes away by horseless chariot. Go Muzza :thumb:thumb

Forty20

First Grade
NSW Cup

1. Jerome MacKenzie
2. KJ MacKenzie
3. Troy Savage
4. Danny Howard
5. Vai Toutai
6. Jake Mullaney
7. Brendan Waters
8. Shane Shackleton
9. Nathan Smith
10. Taulima Tautai
11. Pat O’Hanlon
12. Taniela Lasalo
13. Justin Horo
14. Rory Brien
15. Nathan Armit
16. Daniel Penese
17. Peni Terepo

COACH: Brett Cook

Clicky

It looks like an unchanged line up (or close to) against Mounties on Saturday.

hindy111

Post Whore
How has Justin Been going at Wenty? Why did SK give him a two yer deal last year but hasnt given him much of a go this year? Are we looking to offload him?
Also is POH getting any better? Im hearing he wont cut it?

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think Horo has only played three or four games this year (2 in firsts where he dropped the ball quite a bit).

He's a big strong talented runner of the football, tries his guts out defensively, but when low on confidence tends to drop the ball too much.

He's the type of guy who will play much better in a winning team, and will look out of his depth when losing.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors

Watched the game on fox against Newtown, thought he played pretty good. His involvement was good, but does lack impact - doesn't really threaten the line. He is also a little lazy in defence. I still think with some further development he can figure in first grade calculations in the future, but he certainly has some work to do.

True EEL

Bench
Good assessment.

Horo is the embodiment of a 'confidence player'. It's a very different beast to a confident player.

Probably a fair assessment of Horo. His concentration and commitment (at least physically into contact at times) are sometimes questionable though too...

To me, Luke Burt is the epitome of a confidence player. Not a knock on him, but just a fair assessment in my opinion. When he's involved in the game a lot, scoring tries, kicking well, you can see his confidence skyrocket and he'll try little grubbers, 40/20's, his defence is improved - everything. When the team is going badly, he's not involved, he's missing kicks for goal - he goes into his shell, falls off tackles, fumbles, etc. To reiterate, I'm not knocking him for it, but it's something I've noticed throughout his career. Let's hope he keeps on the up for the rest of this season...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Reminding anyone interested that Wenty play mounties today in both grades starting at 1pm

at Ringrose of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts