What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

BadSport

Juniors
So if you're finished already, can someone tell me what the hell Waleed Aly was doing on the show?

Is he a champion badminton player or something?

taipan

Referee
I got an e-mail response to my query as to why the RL rights weren't mentioned." no doubt many rugby league fans asked the same question ,but we had Bledisloe Cup,Cricket ,Netball,Basketball,Jason Day which turned out the right thing to do,leaving no time for such a rugby league discussion.Next week we should have Roy Master on deck".

I call BS,Offsiders will be swamped with the new AFL deal and lip service given to the NRL/9 deal.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I wonder if Whateley being on AFL360 which is a News Ltd show had anything to do with it?
Afterall barely any mention of the deal on Fox last week on any of the shows. Even the league programs didn't mention it.

insert.pause

First Grade
I wonder if Whateley being on AFL360 which is a News Ltd show had anything to do with it?
Afterall barely any mention of the deal on Fox last week on any of the shows. Even the league programs didn't mention it.

I'm sure he had everything to do with it, whether that was his motivation is another thing, the Victorians have been gaining more & more influence at fox for a few years now and will no doubt take latest rift with NRL as chance to solidify it, I give it 12 months before fox will be like watching Offsiders.

elbusto

Coach
Offsiders ratings are piss poor and Melbourne dominated. It is a shite show and is blatantly biased, managed by a scrawny afl sycophant

no name

Coach

Someone on The Matty Johns show went out of their way to say we will be discussing everything but the NRL broadcast deal.
Can't remeber if it was Johns himself or the 'Not the NRL news' segment.

fourplay

Juniors
Someone on The Matty Johns show went out of their way to say we will be discussing everything but the NRL broadcast deal.
Can't remeber if it was Johns himself or the 'Not the NRL news' segment.

Johns said it and it was in the 'Not the NRL news' too. Fletch and Hindy also brought it up with their funny "elephant in the room" gag.

insert.pause

First Grade
Massoud had a go at the NRL over the tv deal alongside the other half of Bec Wilson's brain so expect him to win a place on offsiders this week

Cletus

First Grade
That was actually quite good, I'm glad they didn't invite Wilson on there. I agree with what Roy said about News never being willing to let Monday night games go and lose the exclusive Saturday.

insert.pause

First Grade
that smug little runt whateley could barely contain himself.

the professional know-it-all Waleed claimed it only confirmed that the AFL is the biggest code because every week more people watch AFL, looks like mr know-it-all knows shit all about ratings which clearly show rugby league is the highest rating code in the country across both STV & FTA. Also peculiar that in the space of three years it is 'confirmed' when the codes have a bees dick separating their current broadcast deals.

RoosTah

Juniors
That was actually quite good, I'm glad they didn't invite Wilson on there. I agree with what Roy said about News never being willing to let Monday night games go and lose the exclusive Saturday.

Both Roy and Waleed were great - I particularly loved Waleed's swipe at Foxtel, basically saying it has zero value without sport and NRL in particular.

I also liked what Roy said about Smith: he's cold and calculating and doesn't mind the heat.

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
Both Roy and Waleed were great - I particularly loved Waleed's swipe at Foxtel, basically saying it has zero value with the NRL.

I also liked what Roy said about Smith: he's cold and calculating and doesn't mind the heat.

I also loved Roy putting Essendon in their place with the Cameron Smith analogy.

Josh Massoud been working out? Nice flash of your chest there Josh!

Hahaha. I noticed that straight away too.

They lead off with Jarryd Hayne then go to AFL? Strange but blatant.

Not surprised they lead out with Jarryd Hayne. Was a little surprised they went to the AFL after the Hayne talk than just follow it with some NRL talk. But that logic never applies to this show - and we all know why!! lol

Latest posts