What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Brutus

Referee
What sh*ts me is whenever there is a league incident they base their show on it.

Even Willie Mason taking a piss took up half a show. They are there to merely criticise RL, not talk about the game itself.

Fancy that bitch saying "RL is really struggling". I'm glad Roy hit back with some facts.

Binga

Juniors
Yet this crap coming from the mob who produly sell and distribute the following DVD'S.

Description:
The hard men in football are back. The bruisers and the knucklemen. Back with more biffs, more bumps and more brawls.For those who think today's AFL game is over sanitised, this show is for you.Hosted by Rex Hunt, Biffs, Bumps and Brawlers #2 takes you back in time. Through Seven's vaults, culling out the more unsavoury moments in our great game.The big names are back. We introduce you to a new line up of villains and we showcase the game's meanest men.BIFFS, BUMPS AND BRAWLERS #2 NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

501412.jpg

16953.jpg

babyg

Juniors
I sent my 2 complaints in. It really is self harm watching that show yet you can't stop. I thought Roy handled it really well. He couldn't have thrown a few more facts out there on ratings etc.

MsStorm

Bench
I sent in my rather lengthy emailed and filled in the complaint form as well.

The more people that do the same, the more the abc will take notice.

Quite frankly I am getting so sick of this rugby league bashing by afl journos and the media in Melbourne especially.I believe they will get their karma.:)

Brutus

Referee
Our game will get stronger through all of the this.

The more these Victorians criticise, the more passionate we become.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
I think yesterday's Offsiders segment on RL can be viewed here:
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/content/2007/s2629978.htm

Thats so painful to watch again.

The vitriolic hatred spewing from that womans mouth is unbelievable. All RL fans should be forced to watch this.

As much as i hate nsw and most sydney clubs, its nothing compared to the hatred of the real enemy, AFL journos.

Is Roy Masters really a nswelshman? Surely hes a QLDer. Maybe he's just a glimpse into old school NSWRL.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
On that episode it was the closest I've seen Roy Masters to losing his composure.

Wilson was just spewing out unfounded nonsense, and I really felt Roy was about to unload some payback if it wasn't for the host intervening.

typicalfan

Coach
Roy is an old Maggies man, he is known for the famous face slapping fibros.

He is a Westie through and through

Green Machine

First Grade
I really can’t understand why the AFL is suffering such an inferiority complex over State of origin III. Wasn’t this the sport that ran an advertising campaign earlier this year proclaiming: “AFL - IN A LEAGUE OF ITS OWN”
The so called tough guy sport from south of the Murray who took on the NFL, Bullfighting, Ice Hockey, Rugby Union, Premier League Soccer and out-ran the horses at Happy Valley. Maybe, with this clever campaign, they didn’t want to totally humiliate themselves by including Rugby League. I suppose looking back at this fraud of a commercial, using In a League of its own was quite pitiful when you listen to all this outrage from these so called tough guys from south of the Murray. Maybe they are not in the same class as the sport that is referred by some as League. Maybe they are in League of their own after all; the League of wimps and hypocrites.

AFL really is a pitiful insecure sport. What other sport would interview the CEO and ask them to comment on an incident out of another football code? Why would the CEO of their League want to go on a radio on Thursday and reassure the Victorian mass’s that this type of behaviour would not be tolerated in the Feminie League? Just goes to show what pitiful bunch that the AFL friends in the media are if Channel 9 Melbourne can pull away from the telecast at the first opportune moment. That they felt they have covered off on their commitment to cover Rugby League. Imagine the outrage if the same thing was done in NSW and QLD on AFL Grand Final day?

This garbage about an AFL player being bashed was brought up by Michael Christians on Thursday morning on 2KY. What ever connection it has to two blokes going toe to toe – face to face on Football field is beyond me. Apparent Ray Warren did a radio sport last week and Kevin Bartlett was suffering a bit of period pain and thought the sight of two frontrowers getting it on, caused him to bleed as well.

I really can’t wait for Barry Hall to have his first boxing bout. When Barry wins his first few bouts against hand picked opponents, watch the AFL media talk up how tough the AFL is. AFL is truly the sport of hypocrites,

its just the afl once again standing up and saying "we are better than you, we are number 1 and our way is the best"

the afl lovers jump on the bandwagon.

Latest posts