What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh dear!

Tweek

Juniors
1. Wayne is known to want to get Premierships at three clubs.To do so means joining a team with a decent squad and chance

Where is that known? has he said anything on this topic?

If he had such a desire why did he only leave Brisbane after the falling out and not after the first few Brisbane premierships.

Rexxy

Coach
Where is that known? has he said anything on this topic?

If he had such a desire why did he only leave Brisbane after the falling out and not after the first few Brisbane premierships.

ben Ikin

"Wayne loves the Dragons and is super happy there but, being a driven bloke, I'd say the challenge of going somewhere like the Rabbitohs or Newcastle would be very appealing as well.

smh

Bellamy at top of Dragons' hit list to take over from Bennett

Brad Walter

Wayne Bennett set for Broncos return

However, many influential people in the game are convinced Bennett's return to the Broncos is a done deal.
It is believed Bennett discussed the move with Brisbane football manager Andrew Gee while they were in camp together with the NRL All Stars team on the Gold Coast earlier this month. However, the Dragons have not given up hope of retaining Bennett for next season, and his return to Brisbane would fly in the face of his desire to become the first coach to win a premiership at three different clubs.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-from-bennett-20110223-1b5ll.html?from=smh_sb

Agios

Juniors
Our only hope to keep him is if Wayne does not make a decision until later this year.. (& he is on record saying he has made no decision yet) By that stage, if we are travelling well towards another premiership, he may just decide to try for 3 in a row which he is yet to do even at the Broncos.. Then maybe 4, then 5, then..... 11?? Well it has been done before you know!!

2010Dragons

Bench
As mentioned, if Bennett wants to go there's nothing that can keep him on board, even if he had a 10 year contract. He was under contract when he left both Canberra and Brisbane - so it's a moot point. The benefit of a 3 year contract is it allows the club to plan for the future. If, for example, Bennett had signed a 5 year deal and decided at the end of year 3 that he wanted to go home, the club would be in a difficult position trying to cobble together a new staff in a timeframe of a few months. With a 3 year deal there is plenty of notice if Wayne decides not to renew, and plenty of time to plan a succession

Godz Illa,
At Canberra he was assistant coach and he had the blessing of the head coach Furner to leave......Porky Morgan head hunted him and didn't take no for a answer. Overall I agree with your comments.

Rexxy

Coach
HAhahaha geez I love this forum.

Months after winning the freaking Premiership, the armchair critics start bagging the CEO.

We currently have the best coach in the NRL, thanks to Dousty.

I think he's doing a pretty good job, and hope he'll be in the job for years to come.

. We were Waynes tthird choice, and he came knocking at our door, didnt he?

The brown years were miserable. The farrar years worse.

We were only given what was owed.

And I think we are owed even more.

Last edited:

Latest posts