What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OH NO!

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
I have a computer problem very close to this game being released!
I need help! I got all this add crap and it installed itself onto my system. I went into C drive and deleted all the folders I thought could have been this add thingy. I restarted my system and it now lags like anything. Takes ages to open and close things and everything is getting errors. I need help! I run a Windows 2000 pro OS with a pentium 4 and cable internet.

izzo

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
I need help! I got all this add crap and it installed itself onto my system. I went into C drive and deleted all the folders I thought could have been this add thingy. I restarted my system and it now lags like anything. Takes ages to open and close things and everything is getting errors. I need help! I run a Windows 2000 pro OS with a pentium 4 and cable internet.
did u empty recycle bin?

if not restore it

Timmo

Juniors
Download a program called Ad-Aware. Try going to www.download.com
This program gets rid of spyware and this crap that installs itself on your computer without you knowing.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
1.I have emptied the Recycle bin
2.How do i reformat and will i lose all my files?
3.Whats a System Restore and how do i do it

izzo

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
1.I have emptied the Recycle bin
2.How do i reformat and will i lose all my files?
3.Whats a System Restore and how do i do it

Do you have a Burner? put all your files on a Data CD

then go down to the PC Shop n get it reformatted.

tigerdan

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
i have the same problem, diff computer though

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Ok, i have found some dort of fix. In processes there is a process making my cpu run at 100%. As soon as i cancell it the whole system seems fine?
The process is called cmd32 and takes up to 99% of the cpu. Anyway i can get rid of this?

labinator

Juniors
download ad-aware, i had a similar problem with my computer and it got rid of all the crap taking up space

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
formatting is actually quite easy my friend, dependent upon how many partitions of your hard drive you have, e.g. if you have 2 you will have to delete everything off 2 instead of one, ok here goes -

you need your boot recovery disk from your version of windows, put that it and restart the computer, you come into dos mode and onto a prompt, you need to change that prompt to C:

Then when you have the C:> (something like that on the left hand side) type in exactley this -

format c:

and that will then say do you wish to delete everything, click ok and then once that is done, repeat the process for your other hard drives, of course the letter doesnt have to be C it is what ever your hard drive label is.

Then pop in your windows setup cd and install windows through dos, "start setup from cd-rom" is the option you want.

Hope that helps.

izzo

Juniors
OoOGazOoO said:
formatting is actually quite easy my friend, dependent upon how many partitions of your hard drive you have, e.g. if you have 2 you will have to delete everything off 2 instead of one, ok here goes -

you need your boot recovery disk from your version of windows, put that it and restart the computer, you come into dos mode and onto a prompt, you need to change that prompt to C:

Then when you have the C:> (something like that on the left hand side) type in exactley this -

format c:

and that will then say do you wish to delete everything, click ok and then once that is done, repeat the process for your other hard drives, of course the letter doesnt have to be C it is what ever your hard drive label is.

Then pop in your windows setup cd and install windows through dos, "start setup from cd-rom" is the option you want.

Hope that helps.

u also need to install all your hardware

Dover

Juniors
Reformat???????????

Geez u guys jump to extremes!!!!!

From Windows 98 on, there is also has a program that you can run which gives u the options of restarting your systems with all settings from about the last 10-15 bootups.

Cant remember the file name though - but it's saved my butt a few times!!!

phantom ^_^

Juniors
Dover said:
From Windows 98 on, there is also has a program that you can run which gives u the options of restarting your systems with all settings from about the last 10-15 bootups.

Not quite :)

"System Restore" is only standard with XP. There are plenty of programs out there that replicate this functionality on older operating systems, but you have to have had them installed from before the problem occurred - that doesn't sound likely in this case.

From windows 98SE (not 98 standard) there is a program called SFC.exe (System File Checker) which will check the basic system files and replace them if they are corrupted. This might help in this case, but it's hard to say from the information in this thread alone.

Razor

Coach
phantom ^_^ said:
"System Restore" is only standard with XP.

ME actually.

And to the person who said to take it to a shop to get it re-formatted. Why pay $45 for someone else to do it, when it's incredibly easy to do yourself.

izzo

Juniors
Razor said:
phantom ^_^ said:
"System Restore" is only standard with XP.

ME actually.

And to the person who said to take it to a shop to get it re-formatted. Why pay $45 for someone else to do it, when it's incredibly easy to do yourself.

Reformatting you gotta back up all of your stuff

then install all the interal parts again

then install all your software

then put all your shit back on