What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O'Hara

lotm

Juniors
of course, if one of you blokes 'in the know' is willing to pm me with the details, i'd be more than happy to read it and make my assessment as to its legitimacy.

Bojo

Juniors
i just want to know what all the big hype is, truth OR rumour... someone please fill me in. i dont know who knows so if nobody wants to write it up here could someone please fill me in?

hrundi99

First Grade
lotm said:
It may be the truth lotm, but I think a lot of things are still up in the air with regards to the topic.

I've heard the stories from a variety of sources, and that adds some credence to it, but especially with anti-tampering deadlines people need to be careful if something said in here is potentially slanderous.
mate, the ultimate defence to slander or libel is the fact that what was written/said was the truth. the only reason to be afraid of writing on a forum is that what is said untrue, or that there isn't enough evidence to prove it's accuracy (which is more likely the case). if it's the latter, the person/people claiming it is mgt's fault without adequate evidence to prove their claims true are making assumptions ... which was my initial point.

I think it's more an issue of someone being told something in confidence...

Evergreen

Juniors
OK, I've read enough.

Somebody must've saved a copy of a PM somewhere....if so can you please cut/paste and enlighten me?

BAY72

Juniors
This is my case, I spoke to O'hara the other night, and i sertainly don't want to be the person to say the wrong thing out of turn.
They're still in the process of getting signatures, whether he signs or not. we will just have to wait and see.

lotm

Juniors
BAY72 said:
This is my case, I spoke to O'hara the other night, and i sertainly don't want to be the person to say the wrong thing out of turn.
They're still in the process of getting signatures, whether he signs or not. we will just have to wait and see.
you see, this is exactly the problem. why should we trust the players' word absolutely? isn't that just as flawed as trusting mgt's word absolutely? they've both got their agendas.

Chachi

Bench
I'm confused - one week Mgmt are tops for signing Schif for a long-term contract, the next week they're d!cks for letting O'Hara go... :? :?

woodgers

Bench
lotm, you just like to argue don't you?

Just trust that some of us have dealings and exposure to management that we know how poor they are. Failing that, try and get something done through the club.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
brenno said:
To Sydney, wants to link up with a club where has a better chance of playing rep footy.
as they all do...Finch, Monas, now Rhino...whenver we grow any talent, they go to the Roosters to play rep footy - something's not right in this picture...when will the Raiders ever succeed when all our best players leave to play origin? i hate the Roosters...

greeneyed

First Grade
As posted elsewhere, his contract offer was downgraded by the club after his injury. Nothing to do with other clubs or better chances to play rep footy.

DJ Raida

Bench
DOWNGRADED! what the HELL! come off it- give him a top up, hes a state of origrin rep ffs

geez, this is another wiki, davico thing again : /

brenno

Juniors
greeneyed said:
As posted elsewhere, his contract offer was downgraded by the club after his injury. Nothing to do with other clubs or better chances to play rep footy.

Is the injury a long term concern ala Brent Tate?

thickos

First Grade
He'll be back on deck (for someone) next season - its just a shoulder reco, shouldn't have any lingering physical problems.

Come on Rhino, stay... :(

lotm

Juniors
DJ Raida said:
DOWNGRADED! what the HELL! come off it- give him a top up, hes a state of origrin rep ffs

geez, this is another wiki, davico thing again : /
an EX-SoO rep. he won't have represented nsw for 2 years after he returns from injury. perhaps we made an offer that was too large in the first place, and it's been reduced to an appropriate amount? perhaps his (apparently large) ego couldn't take the embarassment?

why is everyone so worried about losing a player that's been underperforming for one and a half years, anyway? he shouldn't have even been starting in front of weyman before his injury. he was being comfortably outplayed by both thompson and horse.

i thought, if he had respect for the club, that he'd feel obligated to make up for his injury by staying on for another year. that's the kind of response that would have made me acknowledge his passion for the club. as it stands, i couldn't give a f*ck if he leaves. we should be able to lure a decent replacement (possibly bailey), or, at least, trial the promising props in the lower grades.

anyone who's best mates with willie mason can't be that good an apple, anyway.

hrundi99

First Grade
I do find it interesting that a lot of people were calling for Rhino to be sent down to PL, and now he's the Raiders' front row saviour...