What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok here's a musical question for you.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Ok here's a musical question for you.
If you were stranded somewhere and could listen to the entire back catalog of 1 and only 1 band/singer who would it be?

roopy

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Beatles for sure!
That is a safe choice. Literally dozens of songs that are classics - and they went through a whole range of styles - so you wouldn't get bored by every song sounding the same.

macavity

Referee
Beatles.

for exactly the reason Roops said.

the rest of my faves are too all over the place - how do you choose between Tool, Sublime, The Aggravators and Spearhead......:crazy:

Misanthrope

Staff member
That's really tough. A lot of my favourite artists (John Mayer, The Darkness, The Corrs, Panic! at the Disco) are relatively recent. I'd risk getting burned out. I'll play it safe and take Billy Joel.

John Mayer.

Sure, the backlog isn't huge, but I know I'd never get sick of it. I could listen to the Room For Squares CD alone for years without getting sick of it I reckon.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sure, the backlog isn't huge, but I know I'd never get sick of it. I could listen to the Room For Squares CD alone for years without getting sick of it I reckon.

Have you had a chance to hear his new single yet? It's quite different to his older stuff, but still quite good. Continuum comes out September 12 and I can't wait. If you've heard any of his John Mayer Trio stuff - you've got an idea of where it's headed. Vultures and Gravity from 'Try!' are redone for the album.

Nah haven't heard the new single yet, back looking forward to it. Is Continuum the new release for John Mayer, or the Trio?

And what is "Try"? Is that another older recording I've gotta get my hands on? It took me months just to track down "Inside Wants Out" in Newie... :)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Continuum is Mayer's latest solo album, but he does have two John Mayer Trio songs and one Jimi Hendrix cover (Bold as Love) on there.

As for 'Try!', it's a live album released by John Mayer Trio. Vultures, Gravity, and Hearts So Heavy are all tremendous tracks,

keeney

First Grade
John Mayer sucks, its a shame too, he can certainly play the guitar when he isn't being a whiny douche.

It's a difficult choice. Probably one of,

Sigur Ros
Mogwai
Dream Theater
Radiohead
Zappa
Bob Dylan
Tool
Mum
Kim Hiorthoy
Beatles
Allman Bros. Band
Deep Puddle Dynamics
Sage Francis

Screw it, it's way too hard. I could easily make the list stupidly long.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sigur Ros
Mogwai

Love it! Just stumbled across Sigur Ros last week and I'm in love with that crazy sound. Glosoli is my favourite at the moment.

As for John Mayer, his poppy single releases really aren't an indication of what he can do. His Inside Wants Out EP is quite good, and his work with John Mayer Trio is some really good bluesy stuff. Apparently his new album will be a change from his earlier stuff and back to his blues roots.

Latest posts