What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, so there is a problem with elements of the Bulldog fan base...

So far alot of questions are being asked of the Bulldog management, the state goverment and ground security.

My question is, as concerned fans what can you do to prevent such actions by these rougue elements.

I'm not talking about talking the law into your own hands but sensible approach like not having to travel alone.

Your thoughts...

DJ1

Juniors
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
So far alot of questions are being asked of the Bulldog management, the state goverment and ground security.

My question is, as concerned fans what can you do to prevent such actions by these rougue elements.

I'm not talking about talking the law into your own hands but sensible approach like not having to travel alone.

Your thoughts...

A lot of questions also need to be asked of the medias reporting policies.

If they didn't constantly advertise these type of incidents (which these thugs see as a type of glory), would they occur as often?

I'm not saying the media are responsible but a potential motive of these thugs may be the media attention that it generates.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
Ignore them and walk away regardless of what they say
not easy when a group of thugs is chasing you and bashing you.

unfortunately there's not a lot we as citizens can do, especially if some elements of the trouble makers dont consider themselves part of 'our' community

>zuzu<

Juniors
Personaly from now on travel in groups and always with the younger ones if they come with us. And if i see any unnacceptable behaviour i will report it. Im sick of it. Im a lebaneese decendant and i go 2 watch teh games and have a good time without the use of violence. Its thsoe few idiots who give us a bad name, who call themselves "dogs supoprters" yet dno wat the game of rugby league is.

The security was suprisingly upped on Friday nyt. to get into the kennel it took 5 times for my pass to clear so that was good, even though annoying. I was suprised at the fight but afterwards, i got over it n foccussed on teh game which i found to be a great game.

Smartman

Juniors
dodge said:
Ugh, another thread?

There should be a whole bulldogs fans page on this where threads can be posted.

Its getting beyond a joke of how many threads there have been because of a few idiots.

DJ1 said:
A lot of questions also need to be asked of the medias reporting policies.

If they didn't constantly advertise these type of incidents (which these thugs see as a type of glory), would they occur as often?

I'm not saying the media are responsible but a potential motive of these thugs may be the media attention that it generates.
I think your missing my point. And sorry if it is yet another thread. I'm proposing a different way of looking at it.

We live in a society where we expect other people to do things. I'm posing a question of what you could do as fans.

I don't really expect answers but i hope to generate some sense of awareness that maybe there is something some fans could do to avoid trouble. Again not necessarily intervene.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Pierced Soul said:
not easy when a group of thugs is chasing you and bashing you.

unfortunately there's not a lot we as citizens can do, especially if some elements of the trouble makers dont consider themselves part of 'our' community

When they are chasing you true, but it can avoid some conflicts

taxidriver

Coach
I haven't been to a bulldogs home game since about 1990 where I first encountered the species of grub that supports this side.

Since I've been taking my two kids to the footy, we haven't gone anywhere nears a bulldogs game anywhere.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:| I really gotta say it's a sad excuse to stay away from the footy. I've never once feared for my life. Not even on Friday night. As long as you don't sit in general admission or near the 'Dogs army, you'll be fine. There are "species of grub" that follow every team taxidriver, wake up.

simon says

First Grade
dodge said:
:| I really gotta say it's a sad excuse to stay away from the footy. I've never once feared for my life. Not even on Friday night. As long as you don't sit in general admission or near the 'Dogs army, you'll be fine. There are "species of grub" that follow every team taxidriver, wake up.

Im assuming you wear a blue and white jumper to games????

Classic head in the sand.....:lol: :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
So do you think that supporters of opposition clubs are scared of a young four year old with blonde pigtails wearing a Canterbury jersey?

How about moving past your vindictiveness, move past the attacks, and try and help us solve this situation instead of attacking, judging and belittling.

dodge said:

Then how come the different "species of grub" do not have punch ups each week...I have never seen any violence at a Storm home game and I stand in amongst the diehard supporters and the general admission fans.

Unfortunately Dogs fans will now be tarnished for life as Sh#t stirrers and thugs...:evil:

Timmah

Staff member
Yeah, and do you think I enjoy that sentiment?

BTW, you are fooling yourself if you think punch-ups do not happen with other clubs. Even Melbourne. However, the Bulldogs problem does stand out and needs to be dealt with. That much I agree on.

dodge said:
I can only assume that you have no kids or you do not take kids to the Footy.

Taxidriver has a valid point and I can relate to his response and he's not the only one who avoids watching the Dogs.

Timmah

Staff member
There's cautious, then there's over-cautious. I'll bet 95% of people at that ground on Friday have never come to harm from anyone at a football game. It's just irrational and damaging to the game. Not as much as the filthy thugs themselves, but damaging nonetheless.

taxidriver

Coach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really gotta say it's a sad excuse to stay away from the footy. I've never once feared for my life. Not even on Friday night. As long as you don't sit in general admission or near the 'Dogs army, you'll be fine. There are "species of grub" that follow every team taxidriver, wake up.

It's only ever been dogs supporters who have maliciously hassled me, spat at me or tried to pick a fight. Not every time I saw them play but with enough regularity to make it a pattern.

I've never feared for my life either, I have feared copping a beating by a pack of thugs though.

Because I don't want some wanker hassling me or my kids, you judge me ?

taxidriver

Coach
There's cautious, then there's over-cautious

exactly right and as far as my kids go, I'll take the over cautious every time. especially for a game of footy.

plenty of other games I can take them to.