What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, so there is a problem with elements of the Bulldog fan base...

Cammo said:
Hundreds, even Thousands would still only represent around 1% of Bulldogs fans. To me 1% is most definitely a small minority.

Pity only .00001% of all these so called fans turned up for the Roosters rd26 game last yr. Would have counted about 10 fans and half of them are probably locked up after the anti-terrorism raids last yr.

10% would be a more accurate figure.

kia ora storm said:
Dodge mate...stop drawing a link in validating the Dogs fans behavior by comparing it to other clubs (including Melbourne)...your club has done it too many times to water this one down and I was sickened by the actions of the thugs aligned to your club...:evil:

Just another typical dogs fan blaming everything under the sun but his own club and fans. It's the media, it's other fans stirring crap blah blah blah

Cammo

Bench
Rocky_Da_Rooster said:
Pity only .00001% of all these so called fans turned up for the Roosters rd26 game last yr. Would have counted about 10 fans and half of them are probably locked up after the anti-terrorism raids last yr.

10% would be a more accurate figure.

I am not really sure what you are trying to say here. But there were 32,000 people at the game on Friday night. If 1% of those were causing trouble then that is still 320 people. That is more than enough to cause the major problems we saw. A brawl of 320 people would have been massive. There were not enough reports to think that there was that many people involved though.

Don't think for a second that I am in any way defending these animals. All I am saying is that there are far more decent Dogs fans than there are these animals that draw attention to themselves with their disgusting behaviour.

Rocky_Da_Rooster said:
Just another typical dogs fan blaming everything under the sun but his own club and fans. It's the media, it's other fans stirring crap blah blah blah

Yep I know...I got slammed in another thread for stating my honest opinion..:cool:

Cammo

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Yep I know...I got slammed in another thread for stating my honest opinion..:cool:

Your opinion is that The Bulldogs have done nothing. How about you tell that to David Gallop as he doesn't seem to agree with you.

Moffo

Referee
as ive said in another thread, you have to give the stadium your name before they allocate a seat/ticket to you. That way, if trouble starts, they know who is sitting in every seat and they can go from there...

Kid

Juniors
dodge said:
There's cautious, then there's over-cautious. I'll bet 95% of people at that ground on Friday have never come to harm from anyone at a football game. It's just irrational and damaging to the game. Not as much as the filthy thugs themselves, but damaging nonetheless.
You just don't friggin get it do you thicko?? The fact that ANY percentage felt threatened there, is a percentage too much. People have a RIGHT to go to the footy and watch the game without ANY fear of any violence, or intimidation. FFS when are you going to wake up and face the facts?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Where have I said that it shouldn't be a right? I agree with what your saying. How about instead of taking the opposite of what I'm saying and applying it as what you think I believe, actually taking the words I say and using those against me. THAT'S how an argument works.

Hey Dodge,
Believe it or not your Sig is a positive step and something that all supporters not just Bulldog supporters should adopt.

Might be a good idea to have each clubs supporter base to have a similar banner flying at each game. Hopefully we can alienate the unsavoury few amongst us.

Timmah

Staff member
The initiative is Cammo's, kudos goes to him - I do hope it catches on.

Timmah

Staff member
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Hey Dodge,
Believe it or not your Sig is a positive step and something that all supporters not just Bulldog supporters should adopt.

Might be a good idea to have each clubs supporter base to have a similar banner flying at each game. Hopefully we can alienate the unsavoury few amongst us.
The "Bulldogs Fans Against Hooligans" banner flies loud and proud at most home games if I recall correctly.

innsaneink

Referee
dodge said:
I wouldn't go as far as to say intentionally harming opposition fans, but to suggest there's never been a biffo or two, even just between two drunks, at a Storm game is ludicrous. Of course it's happened.

Furthermore, this victimisation crap has to stop. It seems it's happened to everyone here which is a load of sh*t. All I saw coming out of Telstra on Friday was a few flags flying, happy people playing drums and so on. Are you telling me there's a group or two that go around and hassle each and every one of the xxxx amount of crowd there is at every game, home or away?

Give me a break, it's turning into a direct attack on our fans now. I know it does happen to an extent, but I'd wager myself being more correct given I've been to far more 'Dogs games than any of you, not always wearing my jersey, and I've never been confronted.

God, youre a f**kin wanker.

Timmah

Staff member
Here we go again.

Take it to someone who gives a f**k about your pathetic agenda.

bluenwhite

Juniors
Cammo said:
I am not really sure what you are trying to say here. But there were 32,000 people at the game on Friday night. If 1% of those were causing trouble then that is still 320 people. That is more than enough to cause the major problems we saw. A brawl of 320 people would have been massive. There were not enough reports to think that there was that many people involved though.

Don't think for a second that I am in any way defending these animals. All I am saying is that there are far more decent Dogs fans than there are these animals that draw attention to themselves with their disgusting behaviour.
being in the stadium i saw about 3 or 4 people two bays over causing trouble (with eachother).
outside there were about 5 people shouting and going on about our win who were challenged by supporters of the opposing team which is how a few verbal arguments began. let's multiply this number by the amount of incidents reported (about 7 or 8 real ones) and you're nowhere near 1% of the people who were at the game on friday night. you're exactly right cammo.

Kurt Angle said:
Aye... 99% of Lebanese give the rest a bad name.
lol. that is the stupidest thing i've ever read on a forum. why not take a trip to bankstown or lakemba and see how calm these places are? too scared of seeing something "different", eh?

Trevor Cogger

Juniors
No but he's suggesting is that you could go to 95/100 train stations and the ones where you are most likely to run into grief are Bankstown, Punchbowl etc ------why is this ?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
bluenwhite said:
lol. that is the stupidest thing i've ever read on a forum. why not take a trip to bankstown or lakemba and see how calm these places are? too scared of seeing something "different", eh?

:lol: :lol:

Hahahaha, nice comment coming from a bigot.

Up to grade 6 I went to school in Granville.
In high school I went to Moorebank and frequented Bankstown square.

I've travelled to 14 countries, lived in 2 outside of Australia.
I've lived in 4 cities in Australia.

I'm married to a malaysian of Indian ethnicity.

Yet I'm afraid of "something different".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Foot -> Mouth

Timmah

Staff member
Kurt Angle said:
:lol: :lol:

Hahahaha, nice comment coming from a bigot.

Up to grade 6 I went to school in Granville.
In high school I went to Moorebank and frequented Bankstown square.

I've travelled to 14 countries, lived in 2 outside of Australia.
I've lived in 4 cities in Australia.

I'm married to a malaysian of Indian ethnicity.

Yet I'm afraid of "something different".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Foot -> Mouth

So you're prepared to say that places like Lakemba, Bankstown etc are violent communities that should be controlled as police state?

Give me a break.

innsaneink

Referee
So you're prepared to say that places like Lakemba, Bankstown etc are violent communities that should be controlled as police state?

Give me a break.

Interesting new slant YOU are introducing to this thread....

You whinge and whine about some perceived personal vendetta against you fromme, and against your club from basically everyone else here....but with comments like these, and many many others...dont you see youre just fanning the flames.

Dont bother replying......its a waste of all our time.

Timmah

Staff member
bluenwhite made the original statement - the only one fanning the flames is kurt angle with his views on communities in mid-western Sydney.

Have fun speaking for everyone though... ;-) Self-righteous hypocrite.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
dodge said:
So you're prepared to say that places like Lakemba, Bankstown etc are violent communities

If you are/were a white person... without doubt.

In these suburbs are a large number of people clinging to a culture that is racist and have no problems targetting people outside their ehtnic base for indiscriminate violence.

that should be controlled as police state?

Well a large percentage of the people here have shown themselves incapable of living in a civilised manner. A majority of the population compound the problem by their inactivity to address the concerns a large numbers of Australians have with members of their community.

By default this is the entire community lending tacit support to the so-called "small minority" of thugs.