What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old School Special Effects.

Mark B

Juniors
This link is to one of the most outstanding YouTube channels that covers old school FX. Each clip is pretty short and there are dozens covering a ton of movies.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Love this video about the location shooting of The Towering Inferno, when i was in San Fran back in 2014 i visited the Bank Of America Building which was used for a lot of shots of the front of the building and also the Hyatt Regency where some of the lobby shots were filmed and also the glass elevator which i spent probably half an hour in going from floor to floor. The video also has a bit about the street scenes in Bullit also.

Nuke

Staff member
Not so much 'old school special effects', but more 'behind the scenes / making of', I was fortunate enough to be staying in an inexpensive backpackers in Vancouver in 2017, and right outside they were filming a scene for 'Deadpool 2', so somewhere on my laptop I have a number of photos and videos I took one night from the 3rd or 4th floor.

I tell ya, making movies takes a LONG time. I watched them until about 2am and for all those hours they spent doing that one part of a scene, it's only something like 10 seconds in the movie.

For those who know the movie, it's the scene near the start after his wife is killed and he jumps out the window. From where he's on the road below, nearly hit by a car, and charges into another car, those few seconds are the ones I saw being filmed.