What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On 2ue this morning

They were asking callers to ring in Predictions and without doubt Some Nuffy :roll: Parra supporter rang in and predicted Tim Smith will be playing halfback for QLD origin this year. This puts higher than usual expectations on this kid who has not played NRL yet. We risk turning him into Another Anasta, a dud of the highest proportions. Some people need to relax a little. We need to be patient with Tim as he will make mistakes because of his limited time in the top grade. Origin is out of the question for him, This year. He needs to prove himself week in week out before he is to become a Orgin player.

Stagger eel

Staff member
that'll have to be UTE!!! :lol: :lol:

I agree with you Jakey, I was just thinking this morning while mowing the lawn that even after the interview on channel 9 news last night I expected the scrutiny to intensify next week leading up to the Tigers game then depending on how he goes on Saturday night the reviews of his game will be extreme either way, that's the work of media and supporters.

I agree, just lay off the TS talk and concentrate on the team as a whole.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Get lost not UTE :lol: I'll take back that Nuffy comment. ;-)

no! don't know for sure mate ;-) ...I know UTE's his biggest fan so I sort of took a stab in the dark.

bartman

Immortal
There's a heap of fans that don't go near interent forums, but still read the media and react. Could have been anyone,

But the media loves stuff like that... build up a hero and swipe 'em down, all in the space of two weeks. League, music, celebs anything :evil:

Eelectrica

Referee
He doesn't need that kind of pressure on him. It's up to Brian Smith and Peter Sharp to keep him grounded.
I've got high hopes for him, but I'm not in anyway expecting him to achieve everything this year. This year he will achieve at least a first grade spot and hopefully every year for the next 10 years or so he will achieve a little more.

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
that'll have to be UTE!!! :lol: :lol:

I agree with you Jakey, I was just thinking this morning while mowing the lawn that even after the interview on channel 9 news last night I expected the scrutiny to intensify next week leading up to the Tigers game then depending on how he goes on Saturday night the reviews of his game will be extreme either way, that's the work of media and supporters.

I agree, just lay off the TS talk and concentrate on the team as a whole.

What happened on 9 news?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
pressure isn't such a bad thing, and I think he'll probably excel under pressure... if he can't play well under pressure, then there's no point putting him out there at all... think about it, when the Eels make the finals, I want him to have already experienced pressure and come through with flying colours... it would be a huge gamble trying to wrap him in cotton wool all year and then throwing him into finals football without having experienced any pressure. and if this were the case, then what? either he succeeds under pressure, in which case he should succeed under pressure now, or he implodes, in which case I'd prefer to know about it in the first few rounds rather than in the first week of finals.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
#-o

stalking

sorry to correct, but that was glaringly painful

as a parra player stalker for many years now i found that speeling mistake offensive :lol:

Utey

Coach
:lol: :lol: Get out of it all of you's. Iam his biggest fan but geez Origin??? The nuffy tag is put back on that idiots head. His going to make mistakes and probably a lot of them. But he deserves a shot and if he shines good on him. But I can say I expect big things but not this soon in his career.

Utey

Coach
Why wouldnt I? His the only reason why I used to get work off to go watch Flegg. But I wont JINX him. ;-) Make sure you dont like him Jessie.

chloe

Juniors
No way, I'm easily Tim Smith's biggest fan. I've been following his career since he was in First Division.