What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the town with the Dogs

Tom Shines

First Grade
If he was so drunk, surely the establishment in question has a responsibility to stop serving him alcohol?

JK

Classic stuff Telegraph., lets make a story out of nothing and pad it with past admitted indicretions!

Let's have a story avbout Bec not having a traffic incident and throw in references to her past offences to justify the column inches! What a joke.

What is the go with this Rothfield person anyway? What is his background?

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
No, you made the claim you Go find the article. You're full of sh*te as always.

Weve heard about the team meetings, weve heard about players vowing to not f**k up, weve heard Noad threaten wrist slaps...again and again and again.

Im sure others - not you- will doubt me as well if im as 'full of sh*t' as you claim

gunnamatta bay

Referee
JK said:
Classic stuff Telegraph., lets make a story out of nothing and pad it with past admitted indicretions!

I agree. They are making some pretty serious allegations about Maitua. He should sue.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
It's rubbish as soon as you read stories that have things like:

"Reni was blind drunk and was rude to the bouncers, who showed great restraint,'' a witness told us.

Who's the witness, give us a name to the witness. It's standard in tabloid journalism to use things like, "a friend claim", "we were told by some people", even " a witness told us". I can claim anything then pass it off as somebody told me therfore it is true.

People need to become more cynical when reading this rubbish.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
So no news can be published unless the journalist was actually right there?

Or then will you have a problem with that report too?

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:

Check the link sir biffo provided.
Thanx SB

Now you accuse me of being full of sh*t, I say weve heard it all before...heres the proof :lol:

Lets see what sort of "man" you are todger, man enough to apologize??

LeagueXIII

First Grade
So no news can be published unless the journalist was actually right there?

Or then will you have a problem with that report too?

Not at all, just put "the witness's name" or who the quote belongs to so as to substantiate it. Particularly if you are running a campaign against someone or something, such as is the case here.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
LeagueXIII said:
Not at all, just put "the witness's name" or who the quote belongs to so as to substantiate it. Particularly if you are running a campaign against someone or something, such as is the case here.

Maitua should challange the paper to come up with their sources. If they refuse or decline to do so he should see a lawyer to see if he has a case for defamation.

Imagine if you printed similar stories about Jamie Packer? Whats the difference?

salivor

First Grade
Timmah said:

You mean like claims you haven't been able to back up in another thread you're hiding from?

Ever the hypocrite.

jimmythehand

Juniors
oh my gosh this is like the funniest thing I've ever seen. What the Telegraph has posted is normal behaviour for any sat night for any number of people. For anyone to think that it's even remotely newsworthy needs to go out and see the world a little more.

lol the bouncer's showed restraint. at dragonfly? are they kidding? dragonfly bouncer's are so quick to man handle anyone out of their precious club it's not funny. maybe because they didn't want to be sued i don't know but i find that part hard to believe.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Lovely pictures. I guess they have to fill their crap section with something

What they say is happening in the photos doesn't look very true lol

C.P

Juniors
running wild at Kings Cross nightclubs

= being refused entry for having too many :crazy:

Exclusive CCTV footage passed on to The Sunday Telegraph shows a drunken Reni Maitua in a fiery exchange with security staff at the front door of Dragonfly, a trendy Kings Cross nightclub.

Is this not illegal by the owners of Dragonfly? If you get in an incident at a nightclub and ask the club for CCTV footage clubs claim only police can obtain the footage. So why are they handing it out to the Telecrap?

Maitua was out again on Tuesday, this time at the Christina Aguilera concert at the Acer Arena, next to Telstra Stadium.
NO!!!! :shock:

Biggest load of sh*t i've ever read from the Bourbon Beccy and Buzzy, its a shame a great lover of AFL like herself wasnt able to do a hidden camera expose of the 3 AFL footballers who have all been charged with assault over the pub fight in Melbourne recently after running around king hitting patrons and assaulting women

C.P

Juniors
Rutager said:
Maitua should be dropped because he attended a Christina Aguilera concert!

Theres clearly a precedent for this type of concert going behaviour after Mason was hammered in the papers in 2005 for attending a rap concert. Its a disgrace.....:lol:

salivor

First Grade
Rutager said:
Maitua should be dropped because he attended a Christina Aguilera concert!

Are you sh*tting me? Mr Gallop I believe you have a duty to revoke his license to play in the NRL.