What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Once a dickhead.....

nrlnrl

First Grade
Apparently it started over a racist remark directed towards Segeyaro

hhttps://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-cronulla-street-brawl-high-profile-player-and-former-player-nrl-integrity-unit-investigates/news-story/5b62203704a1278dce3849224b9f7751?fbclid=IwAR1oIFLf27ryfR6WskyjyDhbsTHQC5QBMuj_8xLg0NIYfWCsF9od0lZO30M

(includes this from You Know The Rules)
140799538_3990362774321881_7503806807414409258_n.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Threatened to pull a knife’: Norman, Segeyaro break silence on alleged street brawl
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• January 25, 2021 4:26pm
  • by STAFF WRITERS
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
fef0b10c0cddb299892c9b4dd7615148

Corey Norman and James Segeyaro have broken their silence.Source: FOX SPORTS
St George Illawarra player Corey Norman is being investigated by the NRL over an alleged street fight in Sydney.

The alleged incident was filmed on a mobile phone in Cronulla last Friday night.

Norman is in the final season of a three-year St George Illawarra contract and is one of the Dragons highest paid players.

795113_640x360_large_20210125123822.jpg

NRL investigating street brawl

0:27
“The NRL integrity unit is aware of the video and is investigating the matter,” an NRL spokesman said.

It is unclear at this stage what role Norman had in the alleged incident.

Former NRL player James Segeyaro is also understood to be part of the investigation.

The ex-Sharks hooker took to Instagram to give his side of the story after the incident writing in a statement: “Before the media have the opportunity to do their thing, we wanted to be fully transparent.

“Here’s what happened: The two boys were walking home after a dinner with two females, when they were approached by a group of four men.

“One of whom began to racially abuse Chicko (Segeyaro’s nickname), calling him the N word. An argument ensued and Corey came in to defuse the situation.

“He was then blindsided and a a fight broke out. It had all broken up when one of them threatened to pull a knife.

“As individuals and as a brand we will always stand up against racism. Corey let his club know the next morning and we have been in touch with the RLPA regarding the incident.”

2:20
Norman and Segeyaro are business partners in a clothing company called YKTR– which stands for “you know the rules”.

Norman’s club, the Dragons, released a statement on Monday afternoon and said: “The St George Illawarra Dragons are aware that Corey Norman was involved in an altercation on Friday night in Cronulla.

“The Dragons are working with Corey and the NRL integrity unit to establish the facts around the matter.

“The club will make no further comment.”

“He was then blindsided and a fight broke out. It had all broken up when one of them threatened to pull a knife”.

May I ask, how does one threaten to pull a knife? Does one say, “Hey merkin, back off or I’ll pull out my knife?” Or, “There’s something in my pocket and It’s not because I’m pleased to see you?”

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
“He was then blindsided and a fight broke out. It had all broken up when one of them threatened to pull a knife”.

May I ask, how does one threaten to pull a knife? Does one say, “Hey merkin, back off or I’ll pull out my knife?” Or, “There’s something in my pocket and It’s not because I’m pleased to see you?”
"I'll f**kin stab you merkin" is probably along the lines?

Bazal

Post Whore

Knowing the quality of human involved I have no doubt it was something very polite.

"I say, good fellow. I'm the interest of civility I must warn you that, as sharp as my tongue has been this evening, I possess a blade of even greater sharpness. If you fail to desist I may unfortunately be forced to utilise it, so may I suggest we all disperse so there shall be no need for such unbecoming behaviour?'

blue bags

First Grade
Statement from former flatmate that may save James Segeyaro

Former Broncos player James Segeyaro leaving a meeting with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority last November.

James Segeyaro is likely to face an NRL anti-doping tribunal in coming weeks. His ability to play rugby league again will be on the line after Sports Integrity Australia recommended that Segeyaro receive a four-year ban for returning a positive test to LGD 4033, better known as Ligandrol.

The NRL anti-doping tribunal has the power to reduce that sanction in certain circumstances. Among those circumstances is if there is no significant fault or negligence by the athlete concerned.

In that situation, the sanction can vary from a reprimand to a maximum of two years out of the sport.

This is where things get interesting for Segeyaro. The former Brisbane and Cronulla hooker tested positive for Ligandrol — the same substance that has sidelined swimmer Shayna Jack — late last year.

Since then, he and his legal team have been getting their ducks in a row as they attempt to clarify how the substance found its way into Segeyaro’s system. Segeyaro, 29, believes he ingested Ligandrol via the blender he shared with his housemate in Brisbane. The cynics out there would suggest Segeyaro is clutching at straws.

Exiled NRL star James Segeyaro and his wife Saryne are taking his fight against a positive drug test to an NRL anti-doping tribunal. Picture: David Swift
Yet Weekend Read has seen the statement provided to Sports Integrity Australia, formerly the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency, by Segeyaro’s former housemate. It describes in great detail how and why the flatmate got his hands on LGD 4033.

He says after he moved into the apartment that he eventually shared with Segeyaro, he was exhausted and had lost about 10-15kg due to injuries he had suffered while working in the Australian Defence Force.

“I had not been training and felt really unhealthy for about a month and not eating right,” he said in his statement.

“So to get back to trying to feel better and train I needed to try something to get back my appetite. A guy I knew at the gym told me about this LGD.

“He said that the LGD should work for me and help me out.”

He said he started using Ligandrol two or three times a week, at first taking a scoop of the powder directly into his mouth before he became repulsed by the taste. He then started mixing it with other substances.

“I would mix this in a blender I bought for that purpose to mix all my pre-workout drinks and supplements,” he said.

The blender was purchased from JB Hi-FI for $99.

“The drinks I made up varied each time from when it was either before training or after training or I would even make up a smoothie,” he said.

“I would add the water to the blender container and then either the protein powder, or whatever supplement I was taking at the time, and then also fruit every now and then.

“I would add the LGD 4033 in last. I would then blend the ingredients for about 20-30 seconds. All the powders would be pretty much dissolved after mixing it in the blender.”

As well as LGD 4033, he also said he used protein, C4 — pre-workout, L-tryptophan and acetyl-L-Carnitine. Crucially, he distanced Segeyaro from any use of Ligandrol.

“I did know James was a rugby league player who played for the Brisbane Broncos, but I did not know him personally until he moved into my apartment,” he said.

“As James was sharing my apartment he was free to use the blender as he wished. I know he did use it from time to time as I could hear it going, but I had no idea how much he used it when I was not at home.

“I used the LGD 4033 for my own use and did not share it with anyone else including James. When James was overseas he phoned me and told me that he had tested positive to Ligandrol (this was some time at the start of October 2019).

“He said ASADA did a test on him and that’s what was found. I did not know what Ligandrol was so I Googled it the same time as I was talking to James.

“That‘s when I released Ligandrol was LGD 4033. I told James I had been taking that. He asked me how and I told him it was through the blender.

“I told James I wanted to help him out, as I felt accountable as I brought him into my house and now he has lost his job.”

As for the blender, he says he threw it out.

“The metal blade was getting a bit old and rusty and after the impact of James testing positive I did not want it around anymore,” he said.

While he may not have the blender, he has supplied SIA with an invoice for the appliance at the centre of the drama.

He has also supplied SIA with an invoice for his purchase of LGD from a company called Redback SARMS Australia. The bottle cost $85.
Former Cowboys, Panthers, Sharks and Broncos hooker James Segeyaro finally gets to plead his case after testing positive to a banned substance 11 months ago, reports The Daily Telegraph.

Segeyaro tested positive to di-hydroxy LGD-4033, better known as Ligandrol. Ligandrol is a banned substance by the NRL and the World Anti-Doping Authority (WADA).

The 29-year-old’s defence is that he ingested Ligandrol via the blender that he shared with his housemate last year.

A statement by Segeyaro’s former housemate was sent to Sports Integrity Australia, detailing how and why the flatmate got his hands on the substance.

The hooker’s future in rugby league comes down to the hearing in Sydney on Thursday.

The Sports Integrity Australia recommended that Segeyaro receive a four-year ban for returning a positive test to LGD 4033.

If the ban is handed down it would spell the end of his career.The NRL anti-doping tribunal has the power to reduce that sanction in certain circumstances.

Segeyaro will front the NRL anti-doping tribunal on Thursday afternoon.

Segeyaro’s future hangs on the testimony of a man he met only a matter of weeks after joining the Broncos. A four-year sentence would be the death knell on his career. Two years or less would at least leave him with some hope.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...o/news-story/c3baf8cc41e80a7e1498280f51cedcf2

Last edited:

Latest posts