What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

once again Ch9 ignores Rugby League out sode NSW and QLD re Origin

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Channel Nine Perth will broadcast the State of Origin II clash between the Queensland Maroons and the New South Wales Blues at 9:30pm on Wednesday, June 15th.
While it isn’t live, it improves on the first State of Origin last month airing in Perth at 10:30pm, described by a WIN spokesperson at the time as “a responsible business decision” based on previous low ratings.
But this week Program Director, Danny Mitrovic encouraged viewers to get behind the renewed push.
“We have investigated playing State of Origin in an earlier timeslot on one of our multi-channels, however current anti-siphoning laws dictate this event must be simulcast on analogue / digital until analogue is switched off in Perth in December 2013,” he said.
“We are willing to review our current scheduling of weekly NRL, but the people of Perth need to demonstrate they want NRL in an earlier timeslot by tuning in and watching it. We will be monitoring audience levels on June 15, however significant viewer support of NRL is required to secure an earlier timeslot on an on-going basis.”

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/06/perth-gets-primetime-state-of-origin.html

They could have applied to senator f**kwit and got an exemption like the AFL do....

j5o6hn

Juniors
Yes but what he does not say is it will be on in the Pubs live,it will be on pay at 8 30,and a lot who follow league have pay,I assume that like last time they will show the pelims so the actual game wont be on till 10 30,11pm, the man is setting it up to fail,why would I watch it when I can see it on Pay an hour earlier.

gallagher

Juniors
Yes but what he does not say is it will be on in the Pubs live,it will be on pay at 8 30,and a lot who follow league have pay,I assume that like last time they will show the pelims so the actual game wont be on till 10 30,11pm, the man is setting it up to fail,why would I watch it when I can see it on Pay an hour earlier.
Spot on! I've lived here for 9 years and have never watched SOO on ch9. So ch9 would assume that I havnt watched it at all. F^cken knobheads.

Alehana

Juniors
channel 9 perth are a joke, could not care less about league, depsite having the rights they still continue to cover afl. its the same with every other tv station news, as soon as their sport news comes on (aka afl coverage) its an instant reaction for me to change the channel. anyway im complaining to their facebook page (wide world of sports) 50% of the time you get a reply, however its delayed..... probablly keeping with company policy. apparantley ratings increased in perth this yr on ch 9

BDGS

Bench
I heard there was a 40% increase of viewers between game 1 and game 2 in the new game 2 time slot.

Nuke

Staff member
I saw an ad on tv the other night promoting Origin III at 8:30pm in Perth on the night of the game.

Origin I: 10:30pm
Origin II: 9:30pm
Origin III: 8:30pm

Using this, by my reckoning, we need to extend the Origin series to 6 games so that we in Perth might get the game on at 5:30pm (live).

Perth Tiger

Bench
I saw an ad on tv the other night promoting Origin III at 8:30pm in Perth on the night of the game.

Using this, by my reckoning, we need to extend the Origin series to 6 games so that we in Perth might get the game on at 5:30pm (live).

Well if that is the case WA fans will have the option of watching it live (at pubs or by stream) or fox with no commercials at 8.30 or Channel 9 with a probably start time closer to 9 and fill with ads.

So once again Chanel 9 is by far the worst option for watching the game

BDGS

Bench
At least it's getting better, I mean it's on 2 hours earlier then it's ever been. Let's hope we can build on this.

undertaker

Coach

Gee, it looks like the folk at Ch9 Perth are playing some sort of kindergarten tiddly-wink game: moving it forward one hour at a time. Why not just show it after The Block at 7:30pm-9:30pm?

Ch9 thinks they are smart by showing it at the same time as Foxtel at 8:30pm, but they are not so smart when they think about the fact that:1) The game will be over by then and those who have Imparja can bypass this and 2) Foxtel will be showing it with no ads, and hence finishing half an hour earlier at 10pm WA time.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gee, it looks like the folk at Ch9 Perth are playing some sort of kindergarten tiddly-wink game: moving it forward one hour at a time. Why not just show it after The Block at 7:30pm-9:30pm?

Ch9 thinks they are smart by showing it at the same time as Foxtel at 8:30pm, but they are not so smart when they think about the fact that:1) The game will be over by then and those who have Imparja can bypass this and 2) Foxtel will be showing it with no ads, and hence finishing half an hour earlier at 10pm WA time.

yes but they can then say it doesn;t rate and they are not showing it based on a "business decision"! :x

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I know close to nothing about how fta tv channels work so this may be a stupid question but why don't they just show it on Go or Gem instead of 20 year old Seinfeld episodes?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I know close to nothing about how fta tv channels work so this may be a stupid question but why don't they just show it on Go or Gem instead of 20 year old Seinfeld episodes?

They could if they wanted to. Broadcasting laws say you can't show something on a digital channel if your not showing it at the same time on the analogue channel but you can apply for exemptions. Ch10/7 do it regularly to show AFL in NSW and Q'land on the digital channel live. Ch9 Perth are just merkins who don;t want to support RL for some reason.

jargan83

Coach
They could if they wanted to. Broadcasting laws say you can't show something on a digital channel if your not showing it at the same time on the analogue channel but you can apply for exemptions. Ch10/7 do it regularly to show AFL in NSW and Q'land on the digital channel live. Ch9 Perth are just merkins who don;t want to support RL for some reason.

Was nosing about on Facebook this morning and Wide World of Sports reckon their request to show the State of Origin on the secondary channels in WA and SA was knocked back by the Ministers office.

I don't buy it really given their shit treatment of Rugby League

El Diablo

Post Whore
Was nosing about on Facebook this morning and Wide World of Sports reckon their request to show the State of Origin on the secondary channels in WA and SA was knocked back by the Ministers office.

I don't buy it really given their shit treatment of Rugby League

i don't buy it either seein 9 Perth have falsely claimed it's a Tier A sport http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/06...perth-request-for-origin-on-multichannel.html

nbody at the DBCDE is aware of a request either

i have that in writing from them

Latest posts