What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Day World Cup 2023

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hope you blokes are ok.

League, close, Cricket, closer, Union, so close.

Bad day in kiwiland

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Eh, did better than expected in pretty much all of them. Rugby just confirmed why I barely watch the sport any more, game decided by penalties and red cards, what a snoozefest. Cricket was entertaining though

Blair

Coach
Eh, did better than expected in pretty much all of them. Rugby just confirmed why I barely watch the sport any more, game decided by penalties and red cards, what a snoozefest. Cricket was entertaining though
I agree about the union. I want to feel down about the narrow loss but the game left me cold. Very rarely was there a 'get up on my feet, shout, pace around the room' moment. In fact, I sat down the whole time and missed most of it as I slept in.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Aussies got very lucky with the umpire not giving Inglis out on 0 when the ball was smashing into the stumps

Rugby, I saw 5mins of it and that was enough for me, what an absolute snooze fest

JJ

Immortal
Aussies got very lucky with the umpire not giving Inglis out on 0 when the ball was smashing into the stumps

Rugby, I saw 5mins of it and that was enough for me, what an absolute snooze fest
boring play certainly wins rugby world cups - and besides that, too many rules and too many interpretations... at the end of the day our discipline was poor through the world cup and cost us. Foster may well be a great guy, but his coaching record as a head coach (ABs and Waikato) is appalling, we should have won that game easily tbh

Cricket, disappointing - that early bowling was terrible, and losing Ferguson a worry - great to see Ravindra continue, and surely they will see sense and understand that Neesham is an elite finisher

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Warriors management must be low key happy about the Rugby. Really sets the stage for more disgruntled union fans to jump on the Wahs bandwagon

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Warriors management must be low key happy about the Rugby. Really sets the stage for more disgruntled union fans to jump on the Wahs bandwagon
When the Warriors win their first premiership I'll be like Jesse Jackson when the first black person was elected President of the United States, in the crowd, in tears.

If the All Blacks won tnis morning I'd just feel good about it, sweet, we did it, in the context of rugby history and the national psyche.

I'm hoping the Warriors management know that there's more than enough people like us to keep their dream alive, regardless of the state of rugby union in New Zealand.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
When the Warriors win their first premiership I'll be like Jesse Jackson when the first black person was elected President of the United States, in the crowd, in tears.

If the All Blacks won tnis morning I'd just feel good about it, sweet, we did it, in the context of rugby history and the national psyche.

I'm hoping the Warriors management know that there's more than enough people like us to keep their dream alive, regardless of the state of rugby union in New Zealand.
Me too bro, me too. Closest I’d have got to that with union was 2011 when we got the World Cup monkey off our backs, now it’s just “yeah cool”. But I’ve been waiting literally half my life for a Warriors premiership.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You are still a chance in the Cricket, when is Kane back?
Another 3-4 games I think.

hopefully back for the finals, we should qualify without him, only really need to knock Pakistan and Sri Lanka off to be sure of a spot and we should manage that.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Also a chance in the league.

Surely some of the outside backs in kickby could be useful in league, hey Webster buy a Saffa, a Kiwi, Shyte a Welsh or Irishman.

Cannot say I watched, but surely the outside backs......

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Also a chance in the league.

Surely some of the outside backs in kickby could be useful in league, hey Webster buy a Saffa, a Kiwi, Shyte a Welsh or Irishman.

Cannot say I watched, but surely the outside backs......
Plenty of union players would be useful n league. Most backs obviously, and a lot of loose forwards would make good league forwards, some of the more mobile hookers would make decent League props. Only really the props/locks in union would generally be unsuitable, they’re just too big for league and wouldn’t have the stamina and mobility.