What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Hit wonders

Slappy

Juniors
El Diablo said:
but did Morris Minor and the Majors have another hit apart from Stutter Rap

even that shouldn't of been a hit :lol:

I can't remember any other stuff by them El Diablo, but maybe bluebags can come in and settle it for us with some derogatory accusations and name calling. But then again he/she probably won't be reading this cos they put me on ignore!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Generalzod

Immortal
A song from the eighties called the Warrior
Rockwell somebody's watching me
Breakfast Club Right on track

2 True Blues

Coach
F1 11 ?? Wasnt that a Chisel hit copied over !!!

Sure they played that one at the Hordern Re Union concert !!!!

Thinking SLAPPY should name a few One hit Wonders, as he is definately the one and only DEVO fan left in OZ, let alone the planet earth !!! LMAO..........:cool:

Slappy

Juniors
Love Missile F111 is different to chisels F111, and you just might be right about me being the only DEVO fan, 2TB;-)

Some acts that I would consider 'one hit wonders' would be
the Korgis
Baha Men
Men without hats
The buggles
The Vapors
The knack
Morris Minor and the Majors

(as many are already listed)

In fact I'd agree with most of the stuff listed in here, but when an act or artist has a cult following, or significant commercial success, or even a popular presence over a prolonged period of time, I think they lose the perception of 'one hit wonder status.'

I'd be inclined to say that a one hit wonder is an act or artist that when they are mentioned, you only think of that one particular song that they are known for, and have no real frame of reference outside of that. Of course that is just my way of interpreting it.

2 True Blues

Coach
Agree totally cobber. But now am totally curious as to what other hits Devo had mate. Can you prove your point even further by naming several and as such refreshing my memory. LOL.......I actually know as previoulsy stated that they had a few but cannot recall them mate......????? May flower pots live on !!!!!!;-) :cool: :D

Skeletor

Juniors
SP said:
wasnt John Farnham a one hit wonder everywhere else but here?

Not here in the states, he would be a "zero hit wonder" here.

2 True Blues said:
But now am totally curious as to what other hits Devo had mate. Can you prove your point even further by naming several and as such refreshing my memory. LOL.

"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
"Girl U Want"
"Through Being Cool"
"Beautiful World"
"Are You Experienced?"
"Working In A Coalmine"

hrundi99

First Grade
Skeletor said:
Not here in the states, he would be a "zero hit wonder" here.

"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
"Girl U Want"
"Through Being Cool"
"Beautiful World"
"Are You Experienced?"
"Working In A Coalmine"

Devo were a great band.

"Girl U Want" is one of the best pop singles of all time.

Rexxy

Coach
hrundi99 said:
Devo were a great band.

Not to mention...

The Day My baby Gave me A Surprise... Jocko Homo.... Mongoloid... Satisfaction... The Devo Corporate Anthem... Uncontrollable Urge. Space junk...Sloppy.

Download Gates of Steel to hear one of the finest, and unheralded pop songs ever.

Slappy

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
Agree totally cobber. But now am totally curious as to what other hits Devo had mate. Can you prove your point even further by naming several and as such refreshing my memory. LOL.......I actually know as previoulsy stated that they had a few but cannot recall them mate......????? May flower pots live on !!!!!!;-) :cool: :D

What Skeletor and Rexy said plus
'Freedom of Choice'
'Gut feeling'
'Here to Go'

They also did a kick-arse cover of Nine Inch Nails' 'Head like a Hole'

I can feel the DEVO armies assembling now!

shout-bandpose.jpg

Herbert Powell

Juniors
El Diablo said:
but did Morris Minor and the Majors have another hit apart from Stutter Rap

even that shouldn't of been a hit :lol:

Morris Minor and the Majors had another single after Stutter Rap called This Is The Chorus which I remember cracked the top 30 in Australia. Would make a good trivia question.

2 True Blues said:

Rage has played Devo’s Through Being Cool a few times recently - dunno if it was a hit though. Girl You Want was definitely a hit.

Timbo

Staff member
What about 'Take on me'-Aha.

Or 'Achey breaky heart'-Billy Ray Cirus (was his only mainstream hit).

Latest posts