What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Linebreak

weasel

First Grade
That's all North Queensland managed on Saturday night. And they were still able to rack up 30 points. I thought it was a misprint when I first read it in the paper, but it seems to check out on nrl.com.

I'd love to see a tries scored/linebreaks made ratio for every club for 2005. Anyone willing to go to the effort of figuring it out? You'd have my thanks and respect, and that's worth heaps.

aussies1st

Staff member
Raiders made 0 line breaks a few weeks ago and scored 18 points against the Broncos.

Weren't most of the Cows tries scored from kicks? Other than Bowen none of the normal dazzlers looked very potent.

Franko

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Raiders made 0 line breaks a few weeks ago and scored 18 points against the Broncos.

I know John Sutton made two on Saturday night and scored two tries.

wolverine

Juniors
When i went up to QLD from Sydney for the Sharks Broncos game i swear the Sharks made plenty of breaks and couldn't score many points

Matt23

Staff member
The Sharks made only linebreak against the Knights...you'll never guess who that player was

*Paul*

Juniors
Manly made 0 in their 12-16 loss to Penrith, there were two other 0's as well. The most was 18, Cronulla v Manly.

Totals by team:
Brisbane 129
Bulldogs 102
Canberra 121
Cronulla 126
Manly 108
Melbourne 145
Newcastle 112
North Queensland 129
Parramatta 142
Penrith 129
South Sydney 124
St George Illawarra 170
Sydney Roosters 113
Warriors 122
Wests Tigers 164

weasel

First Grade
Thanks for that Paul.

Tries scored/Linebreaks made

Brisbane 108/129
Bulldogs 78/102
Canberra 80/121
Cronulla 99/126
Manly 98/108
Melbourne 115/145
Newcastle 82/112
North Queensland 114/129
Parramatta 126/142
Penrith 101/129
South Sydney 84/124
St George Illawarra 112/170
Sydney Roosters 86/113
Warriors 92/122
Wests Tigers 117/164

Linebreaks per try:
1. Manly 1.1
=2. Parramatta, NQ 1.13
4. Brisbane 1.19
5. Melbourne 1.26
=6. Penrith, Cronulla 1.28
=8. Canterbury, Sydney 1.31
10. Warriors 1.33
11. Newcastle 1.37
12. Wests 1.4
13. South Sydney 1.48
14. Canberra 1.51
15. St George Illawarra 1.52

yobbo84

Coach
The comparison between linebreaks and tries is only valid if you're counting just those tries that were scored from linebreaks... i.e. ignore tries from kicks, intercepts, etc.

bazza

Immortal
In the major semi in 1999 Parramatta made something like 10 line breaks and Melbourne made 0 - but Melbourne won

Earl

Coach
Thats how good Melbournes defence is :D

They scored a few tries from kicks and one from and error 2 metres out.

iggy plop

First Grade
weasel said:
That's all North Queensland managed on Saturday night. And they were still able to rack up 30 points. I thought it was a misprint when I first read it in the paper, but it seems to check out on nrl.com.

I'd love to see a tries scored/linebreaks made ratio for every club for 2005. Anyone willing to go to the effort of figuring it out? You'd have my thanks and respect, and that's worth heaps.

When I saw the title for this thread I thought it was going to be about Terry Hill's stats for the year.

strewth_mate

Bench
What about intercepts? Getting a flick-pass from your centre to score in the corner from a metre out? Chip and chase? Chargedowns? Streaking away with a loose ball dropped by the fullback from a clearing kick? Scoring a try in general? Seems a fine line.

I assume also that a try isn't counted as a tackle, but it seems to be added to your metres gained.

Balmain_Boy

Think about it this. At any time where the defensive line could have made a tackle, it's a line break. Except for the fullback.

Tries count as missed tackles for the blokes that get dragged over.

miketyson

Juniors
strewth_mate said:
What about intercepts? Getting a flick-pass from your centre to score in the corner from a metre out? Chip and chase? Chargedowns? Streaking away with a loose ball dropped by the fullback from a clearing kick? Scoring a try in general? Seems a fine line.

I assume also that a try isn't counted as a tackle, but it seems to be added to your metres gained.

Chargedowns arn't linebreaks , Neither is the fullback dropping the ball.

But getting a flick pass & scoring and carrying guys over the line is! .. :cool:

aussies1st

Staff member
:lol: Raiders second worst with the ratio. Not surpising. Most times they make a break they panic so we bomb a try. M Nuffy is the king of this don't be surpised if he is the one that chucked our ratio so high.

foster

Juniors
bula_stormer said:
Yeah most Cowboys tries came from kicks, Melbourne looked far more dangerous.

but the cowboys won storm lost.it dosen't matter how you win.i am sure that if your team won the grand final with a try from a kick that you would be happy.

Latest posts