What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

one more signing - Matt Adamson

DrewBeliever

Juniors
something what caught my eye whilst browsing Leeds Rhinos forum

dazzyd wrote:
I thought he was going to Widnes.

Did not Jason Smith go to Canberra aswell? Christ they must be desperate.

Desperation is the understatement of the year. Replacing Ruben Wiki with Adamson????? The mind boggles.

pop over and see what there saying http://www.rlfans.com/boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=105803

From what I have seen, him and Furner have had a brilliant parnter ship over the past 2 seasons.

skeepe

Immortal
I don't think it's a signing just for the sake of it. We've needed to sign another forward and now we have, with the bonus being that he's an ex-international.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Being a penrith lad i watched a fair bit of matt adamson, and he was a gun before he left to england, aslong as he is half as good its a decent signing

:clap: :clap:

Raiders Rock

Juniors
skeepe said:
I don't think it's a signing just for the sake of it. We've needed to sign another forward and now we have, with the bonus being that he's an ex-international.

Hey here's one from left field, isn't Furner's contract up at Leeds too?? It'd make a nice combination... Daddy & Brother still at the club.... Want's to come home... Just a thought!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
i think some of you are going over the top
i was hoping canberra would sign him before he went to england, he is a good player or was before going to england, if he is still as good then its a top signing in my books
besides its only a 1 year contract so its not that bad a risk

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Yes, Daves contract is finished at the end of the season and he's deffinatley heading home.
Furner had me worked up just last month, he told me that he was leaving Leeds there and then to come back and play for the Raiders, as he thought what Kenny was doing was something he wanted to do.
He had a real series face on

I know he'll deffinatley have some role in the Raiders staff from what I have heard him talking about, as he never shuts up about Canberra.

To be honest, judging him by his age, he's deffinatley playing at the peak of his career, despite his knee injurys which he's put in the past.
He could deffinatley go for another season, he's a gun.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
From the Leeds Website:

Matt came from the Taree junior club before signing professionally with Parramatta in 1990 making his first team debut against Norths in Rd 18 of the 1991 season, originally as a full back. He then moved onto Penrith in 1993 where he stayed until the end of the 2001 season. He represented City Under-19s in 1990 and NSW Under-19s in 1991. He made one Super League Tri-series appearance for NSW in 1997 and five Super League Tests for Australia in the same year including two tests against Great Britain. He returned to representative rugby in 2001 when he made made two State of Origin appearances for NSW. In total he played 158 games in Australia.

Raiders Rock

Juniors
DrewBeliever said:
Yes, Daves contract is finished at the end of the season and he's deffinatley heading home.
Furner had me worked up just last month, he told me that he was leaving Leeds there and then to come back and play for the Raiders, as he thought what Kenny was doing was something he wanted to do.

I know he'll deffinatley have some role in the Raiders staff from what I have heard him talking about, as he never shuts up about Canberra.

To be honest, judging him by his age, he's deffinatley playing at the peak of his career, despite his knee injurys which he's put in the past.

Come on, is this really true?? If you're fishing I've taken the bait, hook, line and sinker. I'd love to have Dave back here even if it was only for a season or two. I've been watching him on Fox's coverage of the ESL for a few years now and he seems to be getting better with age...

Edwahu

Bench
I think this is a pretty good signing. We need a tough experienced forward who wont take a backward step and Adamson can fill this role. Its only 12 months so we can go after a longer term replacement next year.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Raiders Rock said:
DrewBeliever said:

Come on, is this really true?? If you're fishing I've taken the bait, hook, line and sinker. I'd love to have Dave back here even if it was only for a season or two. I've been watching him on Fox's coverage of the ESL for a few years now and he seems to be getting better with age...

I'm only telling you seriously what Dave told me, for reference ask Antonio as I told him at the time.
I daubt we'll see him back in Lime Green, though you and me and many others believe he's going great guns and at the peak of his career, maybe his body is failing and he know's it's time to give up as he's getting a little tired.
I think he'd of stayed on another season, if the Rhinos hadn't of signed Ali Laui'ti'ti so it's sad to see Furns retire when we all know he's got plenty more talent to show.

Cheers; Raiderette Mixi Engerrrrland

mike83au

Juniors
Edwahu said:
I think this is a pretty good signing. We need a tough experienced forward who wont take a backward step and Adamson can fill this role. Its only 12 months so we can go after a longer term replacement next year.

The only problem with that is we have a mountain of players coming off contract at the end of next year and really have to do our best to try and keep every one of them. So i'm not sure how much 'recruiting' we'll be able to do next season.

It's nothing against Adamson, i actually really liked him as a player, but i'm not into these quick-fix, short-term solutions. I don't think it's healthy for a club to have a revolving door policy which we seem to be advocating through signing Smith, and now Adamson.

Don't get me wrong, great players in their day, but really..... are two 30-somethings going to be able to acheive what they want in a 12 month period with us?

greeneyed

First Grade
I'd rather have David Furner back....

And to think I held out some hope it would be Fielden.... #-o #-o #-o

Smith and now Adamson..... :?

hrundi99

First Grade
Yeah but by then we should know who out of Miller, Rothery, Thompson, etc is worth keeping and who isn't.

Same with some of the backs.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
greeneyed said:
I'd rather have David Furner back....

And to think I held out some hope it would be Fielden.... #-o #-o #-o

Fielden :lol: he's a contracted man (2007) some how, I don't think we have the money needed to release him from his contract at Bradford.

skeepe

Immortal
Maybe Adamson will be coming on in the same way that Smith is? He could be there based on experience if nothing else, sort of a mentor to our up and comers in the forward pack. How much would the likes of Weyman, Rothery, Kahler and so on benefit with his experience? If Davico was staying, I doubt we would have made a play for Adamson.

Raider Azz

Bench
The Fielden rumor was all bullsh*t concocted up by the Sydney media, I never believed it, especially when Elliot said there is no chance.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
With a 12 month contract, this gives us a little more starch in the second row without impacting on our recruitment next year.

I was a bit shocked to start with, but on consideration think it's a pretty good signing.