What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

one more signing - Matt Adamson

lotm

Juniors
i'd much rather furner return than adamson, but wouldn't be too disappointed if we claimed adamson.

how many quality goal kickers would we have if furnsey returned?

gafa
schif
carney
furner
...?

Edwahu

Bench
I think he would be an ok purchase just for the fact that he has the experience and wont take a backwards step or be intimidated by the tougher forwards in the comp.

Some younger forwards take a long time to handle the physical requirements of firsts and you dont want too many coming through at once or you will always be playing off the backfoot and they cant develop that way.

Weyman and Ohara are going to cop it big time next year, oppositions packs will be working overtime to rough them up and bash them out of games, something they would never have tried with Muss and Statue. You could already see it with Weyman last week. Thats why I think we need a guy like Adamson as our own enforcer who can protect the younger forwards and do a bit of "roughing up" for us.

edabomb

First Grade
I would prefer Furner, because he holds a lot of respect in the club and could be a real leader for the younger players. I don't see the point in a 31yr old newbie second rower joining. Its different with Smith, because he is a class ball player. Anyway I'm out peoples.

greeneyed

First Grade
This is a signing I definitely want us to miss out on. I would MUCH rather bring David Furner back if we are bringing back old players from the ESL........ Matt... you can stay right there in Leeds as far as I'm concerned.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree to an extent
if its a choice of Furner or Adamson, ill would take furner back in a heat beat over adamson, infact id take one furner over 10 adamson's but if furner dosnt want to return then Adamson will do the job :)

hrundi99

First Grade
Yeah I agree it would seem like a natural fit to have Furner back for a year to finish in green and then move into a management position, even from a PR perspective, given that Ruben won't be here next year.

From Crusade:

Adamson Not Over the Line, Despite Rumours

Leeds Rhinos forward and former international Matt Adamson has today quashed rumours that he has already signed a one-year deal with the Canberra Raiders, insisting that no deal has yet been done.

Speaking on the Leeds Rhinos website, www.leedsrugby.com, Adamson said, "Canberra have made me an offer but I have not signed it. I always said that I would speak to Leeds first about their plans for the team and myself for next season and that is what I will do.

"I will be meeting with Gary Hetherington in the next week to ten days when we will have a chat about my future.

"I always said that I wanted to finish off my career here at Leeds and that remains my first choice."

The Raiders have already signed former international Jason Smith from Hull for 2005 and the addition of Adamson would go a long way towards shoring up 400-odd games worth of first grade experience, which will be lost when Ruben Wiki and Luke Davico make their departures next season.