What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One more signing to come!

legend

Coach
I'd say either Fielden or Peacock from the U.K with Fielden the favourite. Not sure why, but I never believed Elliott whenhe told Hadley we weren't interested. I believe it was a smokescreen so his price wouldn't get too outrageous.

If it is Fielden, we will be a contender next year, I have no doubt. This team has me salivating:

Schif
Gafa
Mogg
Frawley
Graham/Smith
J Smith
McLinden
Croker
Hindmarsh
Hodgson
O'Hara
Woolford
Fielden

Weyman
Martin
Thommo
Rothery

legend, I don't think that it's a case of us not being interested, it's just that Bradford have said they won't release Fielden from the last 2 years of his contract no matter what.

I'm stumped as to who else this could be.

legend

Coach
Would a hefty transfer fee count towards our salary cap for next year? Regardless of the circumstances, if a player wants out badly enough, clubs very rarely stand in their way.

I guess we'll wait and see what pans out with all fingers crossed.

woodgers

Bench
Hawkins and Furner are probably making a play for Willie Mason knowing our luck. They probably think he is better than Wiki :roll:

I tried to ask that same question in the NRL forum a few weeks ago about a transfer fee counting towards the cap, but no one had a clue.

If it doesn't count towards the cap I say we should try and offer them the world to release Fielden... you only get a chance to sign a player of his quality very rarely, and IMO he's on the same level as Ruben, if not better because of his age. Plus financially I think we're in pretty good stead considering we have the support of a gazillion leagues clubs.

legend

Coach
He would be the difference for us being competitive and a contender. We would be much stronger across the park next year than we are today.

azza

Juniors
legend,

Carney has to be in that team somewhere. That was the whole reason we got Jason Smith.

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Timbo said:
Regardless of the circumstances, if a player wants out badly enough, clubs very rarely stand in their way.

Nathan Hindmarsh? (gets down on knees and prays [-o&lt, post: )[/quote"]

Albert Fulavai wants out of the Tuggernarong 3rd grade team, we'd get him for a song too. Hey #1 why don't you flex some of those connections you have at the club and push to bring Albert back home!!

If they refuse you could threaten to change the colour of the shorts to pink or even worse blue!! Oh crap, they're already blue aren't they...

lotm

Juniors
i wouldn't be surprised if it was complete fabrication. i won't be expecting anything.

brenno

Juniors
god no i hope it ain't villasanti. Talented it and tough but, he'd be a cancer to the team as he has a poor work ethic and bad attitude from all reports. Besides, when the raiders play away from home **edit**

Latest posts