What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One sentence observations.

hewi

Bench
If Joel Thompson hadn’t departed would Luciano have been given an opportunity or performed as well.
If they hadn’t been booed and abused after the disgraceful performance against the Dogs in memory of Lance Thompson would they have been so fired up? I think that performance had nothing to do with the coach and everthing to do with embarrassment, hope Thommo is smiling now, RIP.

ouryears

Bench
If Joel Thompson hadn’t departed would Luciano have been given an opportunity or performed as well.
If they hadn’t been booed and abused after the disgraceful performance against the Dogs in memory of Lance Thompson would they have been so fired up? I think that performance had nothing to do with the coach and everthing to do with embarrassment, hope Thommo is smiling now, RIP.
Agree mate.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If Joel Thomson was still here, he would have still been our secondrower and Sims would still be on the bench coming on playing in the middle and Lucky may have seen less footy too. Letting Thompson go was a master stroke on Millward's part, because Mary wasn't going to be making any changes unless forced too.

Mary's masterstrokes have all been forced on him, Dugan getting injured and Dufty getting his chance. Thompson moving to Manly and Sims getting his chance and now Lomax getting his chance at the expense of Aitken getting injured. I could also add Merrin going to Penrith and giving DeBelin a chance to take the starting lock position. Even Vaughan getting injured has given Lucky more of a chance too.

Lucky could very well push Frizell to the prop rotation next year? He is really starting to look like he belongs in first grade and he looks to be a very exciting prospect. We already have a great pack, but Lucky has the potential to be the best of the lot of them. Whether he lives up to that potential, only time will tell. The first thing I would say to Lucky is, does he want to live up to that potential? Once he knows that he "wants" it, that is the first step. The next step is does he believe he can live up to that potential?

Last edited:

Latest posts