What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He will get better with time that was an absolute dog fight of a game, he hasn’t played since like round 23-4 something like that. Probably close to 12 month against the best team in the comp. He’s huge and I know he’s fast because I’ve seen him in the lower grades. If he leaves us he will burn us real bad once he gets a good coach and a solid 20 games under his belt.

possm

Coach
Jason went OK in 1st half.

Then began leaving his wing in 2nd half. It caused big problems.

So far nothing out of ordinary.
He played outside Aitken. Name one winger who played well when playing outside Aitken.

Saab and Ravalawa are still learning and should be in reserve grade learning their trade. Hunt, Norman, and Aitken all had poor games tonight. McInnes although racking up the tackles as usual, also had a very poor mistake riddled game. Dufty is NOT a fullback, I'd day he would do best at 6 but would have to improve his defence and kicking game first.

epDragon62

First Grade
Common on, give the kid a break. Did some of expect to see him win the match for us?

I agree he didn't show anything tonight and I wish JP had played but in the long run he'll do well.

How did we ever let BMoz go?

BLM01

First Grade
He played outside Aitken. Name one winger who played well when playing outside Aitken.

Saab and Ravalawa are still learning and should be in reserve grade learning their trade. Hunt, Norman, and Aitken all had poor games tonight. McInnes although racking up the tackles as usual, also had a very poor mistake riddled game. Dufty is NOT a fullback, I'd day he would do best at 6 but would have to improve his defence and kicking game first.
No he did not..Saab played outside Lomax
And Dufty does OK at 1..has terrible protection from his team on bombs
Did you watch the game?

Como Connection

First Grade

Played right side with Zac
CC

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’ll name two.

Jason Francis Nightingale
Mikaele Bruce Ravalawa

Both were Dragons top tryscorers whilst playing outside Aitken.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Happy Bday Poss, did you have 66 beers on your 66th Bday?

Como Connection

First Grade

And very happy birthday to you pal.
My street number is 66 so we are somewhat related today.
CC

Dragon David

First Grade
Saab coming in and letting that try happen is unforgiveable. But ive watched so many wingers (sadly for us) for years now do it. I remember watching Johnny King, and even other famous wingers never make that mistake. Just so sick of seeing such a basic mistake happen week in week out and the lesson not learnt
That is exactly it. Lesson not learnt. When will they for heaven's sake?

Old Timer

Coach
Saab coming in and letting that try happen is unforgiveable. But ive watched so many wingers (sadly for us) for years now do it. I remember watching Johnny King, and even other famous wingers never make that mistake. Just so sick of seeing such a basic mistake happen week in week out and the lesson not learnt
You're blaming the wrong bloke.

Norman is lazy and doesn't know how to mark up and forces people outside him to have to make decisions.

If Norman marks up then the centre and winger can stay out and just concentrate on their man.

As I said in a earlier post if given any opportunity Keary will ask the question of your defence and with players like Cordner, Manu, B Moz against learners then what did you expect?

I expected Norman to front up but of course he didn't as per usual.

RedVDave

First Grade
I had high hopes for the kid I had a feeling he'd be rusty after a long spell off and coming off an injury as well as playing against a top opposition, so I certainly wasn't expecting miracles from him but honestly he looked totally disinterested did not want to be there, Rava who I am very critical of was the better winger tonight no handling errors, good runs and scored a nice try from Dufty. If he wants out let him go give Sailor a run instead.

Nanadragon

Juniors
He will get better with time that was an absolute dog fight of a game, he hasn’t played since like round 23-4 something like that. Probably close to 12 month against the best team in the comp. He’s huge and I know he’s fast because I’ve seen him in the lower grades. If he leaves us he will burn us real bad once he gets a good coach and a solid 20 games under his belt.
And learns how to tackle.